Meeting the first - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Meeting the first - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Meeting the first

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meeting the first - Page 3 Empty Re: Meeting the first

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:38 am

Jack sat silently, staring forward as she rolled the marble across the surface of the table, soaking all of the words of her fellows in. When they were done, she looked up, fidning a place to speak and she realized... Besides Naomi, she was the only new graduate of the group. Not that Naomi counted, having dropped out. She wondered how much this would affect their belief in her words; but she did not think it was wise to hold back either.

She cleared her throat, still looking at the marble. "I work at the Ministry. I've seen her around. She has this Russian chick around her too, that I used to think was her secretary of personal assistant, but I saw this girl in Knockturn once-" she didn't bother to elaborate why she had been there- "and she was dressed in some sort of spy suit. From what Michael's been saying, I think it's safe to assume that she might be an accomplice or something. If we need someone on our side, I think we need her. It's Mikaela something."

She looked up and around, before saying, "What we know is that Forbes obviously has the determination to stay alive, but if she stays alive, she will always try to get ahead of us and take over unless she has a comfortable power position. I don't think we want to get rid of Grindelwald to have a version of him in tight leather take his place."

She ran a hand through her head, wrapping a hand around her mug and tracing the open top with a finger. "She wants power and she only goes for things if she sees profit in it. Why don't we make her an offer then- one of us. I think everyone here has some sort of skill that might be appealing to Zada. And if we expose one of us to her, she may expose herself back." And Jack, having her mischevious mind, said, "Though not as awkwardly as I just phrased that. That would prevent us from stooping to levels of straight up assassination and give us the chance to actually figure out how we need to take her out of the picture."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:28 am

Jess frowned as Michael spoke, leaving his last words ringing in the air for a few seconds before deciding to reply for himself. "That's a good question Michael, why are you defending yourself? I was merely asking a question, it was curiosity, not some form of attack," he responded, his eyes following Michael's closely as he paused. "Whatever information you have may be useful, that is why I was asking. That was all," he finished, his mouth set in a thin line as he let his gaze drop, switching to Jack as she began to speak.

"Yes, I've seen her about as well, however not in recent weeks. It may be the case that Forbes has outgrown her, or otherwise had some sort of feud with the woman. Nevertheless, she's not a thought to be discarded with only a moment's thought behind it. She'd definitely have an advantage that none of us have in the event of an all out attack breaking out," he agreed, pondering over her other plan as he spoke, and finally letting a moment's silence take hold of him as he considered it.

"I can see that basework of what you're saying, but not the goal. We offer ourselves, that much was clear, she'd take the bait I have no doubt, but what then. Sinking to assassination is a rather awful solution, i quite agree, however it be one of the best alternatives, as she certainly would be a threat to us if left to her own means in the event of Grindelwald being overthrown," he told Jack and the others.

"Death is the easiest, and in some ways the cleanest method to handle this, but I would treat it as a last case scenario. Rather, incapacitating her, or giving her a juicier target would be better, in my own opinion, as long as disposing of her doesn't come back to bite us soon in the future," he finished, wondering to himself what the Death Eaters would have to say about their thoughts.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:47 pm

"And that is my goal," Jack said, quickly taking up the thread of the conversation after Jess finished. "I think the closer we have someone to her, the better poised we are to knowing exactly what she wants. We can figure out what is important to her, what she wants that we may be able to offer her, or have someone close to her that is able to begin implanting the ideas we want her to believe."

It bothered her that as much as Jess was talking about how he really did not want to stoop to assassination, but he was still all for keeping it as an option. Her thinking was if you really did not believe it, allow it to rest.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:27 am

Ne'Os had once again sunk back to the level of politely listening. He couldn't help however letting his mind wander to the muffled music in the background every now and then. He had completely not heard the altercation between Michael and Jess and had come back to earth in time to hear Jess spouting out ideas about assassination. Ne'Os held back rolling his eyes as he said what he felt should have been extremely obvious.

"So allow me to state the obvious for a moment here shall I?" he said "We all know that if we tried to simply capture her in force she would kill a handful of us and still probably escape. Not to mention that we cant get into Hogwarts without bringing the wrath of the ministry upon ourselves. And forgive me but we don't have the time to get someone to become her best friend unless we use my previously suggested method of the imperius curse. We need someone however that is close to Grindelwald...I would hope that the best solution would present itself to you." He said looking around the table and trying to meet everyones eye.

He continued after a small yet dramatic pause "we wait until she is out and about in a less protected area say knock turn alley for example. Then a small group of us would overwhelm her I would suggest two order members use deprimo to stop her and while she is distracted I can use wandless magic to send dark lightning at her. I have never tried it but using the spell in that manner should hit her and knock her out instead of cook her insides" he said wincing at the thought. "And if that doesn't work than the second death eater I would bring would use the torture curse while the two order members attempt to rend her unconscious with a stunning spell or two. That is the only strategy I could think would work with no casualties. And our best bet would be to lay down a anti-aperating charm and ambush her here in knockturn alley where the enclosed spaces can be used to our advantage. And if you wanted to eliminate the risk of anyone stumbling on our little trap I could throw up a barrier that would keep anyone that didn't have the dark mark out It should help at least keep the ministry out should she call them." he said figuring Grindelwald wouldn't have the ability to brand his employees though he did figure while the barrier would keep him from getting in it wouldn't keep him out for long,

He continued with his plan "And then while her guard is down we can then turn her to our side with the imperious curse Of course as I had also suggested earlier this complex use of this curse would require a few of us to make it stick. "

He personally thought the strategy was good. He was used to the alley way as he had once owned a vampire bar. In fact it probably was still there just inaccessible due to the blood payment spell on the door was tuned for vampire blood only.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:08 am

Jess glanced over at Jack and nodded slowly, before listening intently to Ne'os. "So I think we have the groundworks of a plan here. I believe that we're not going to be able to get much done without working in stages, right now Grindelwald is far too isolated for any direct attempts to be made on him, so we'll target his followers," he proposed, checking around the table to make sure everyone was keeping up with him.

"So to do this we'll focus on Ms. Forbes, as she seems to be his closest... well, his closest mercenary, if not ally. She too is a little well protected and quite reserved, so we'll take a step down and focus on this mikaela character who seems to work for, or with Forbes.

"You, you and you," he said, pointing at Aaron, Jack and Matt, "Should focus on our first step, if you have no objections Ne'os," he said, looking over at his opposite for a minute before continuing. "In the meantime the rest of us will devise a plan to utilise the girl as an agent in order to capture forbes. Ne'os has a decent plan but there's a lot of circumstantial devices there, capturing our first target is of high importance to us," he told them all.

"As for the capture itself, I feel that blasting Knockturn apart creates too much of a bad image for us... we do have some reputation left that requires upholding so how about we try for something a little simpler. I also don't like the chance of hurting innocent... well, as innocent as you can get them in Knockturn Alley, bystanders," he explained.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:52 am

Ne'Os nodded, agreeing with Jess. "That should work all of them are skilled enough although i personally haven't met this new Matt...What happened to my little vampire murderer? Well no matter i'm sure he is as capable. Wherever and however they do this though they would need to be surgical about how they do this. I would request using silenced guns because they are quieter and give out minimal light but i know most wizards are wary of muggle technology." he said thinking back to the many times in his past life he had used a gun over a wand.

"At any rate while they do that you and I should look into mind control methods. I doubt you can really buy her trust but you can program it. If you would like i can attempt to create a curse that would allow us total control over a person or we can get a group and combine our magic to force the imperius curse on her. That probably is the better idea as you can do more than most wizards think with the curse." He paused a moment realizing that most of that probably sounded similar to what he had said earlier.

"But i suppose we can worry about that when we have the actual capturing portion set in motion." he finished. He wondered if anyone else would contribute.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:47 pm

SIlvyr had listened intently as the discussion moved on. He smiled inside at the final decision when Aaron would be getting close to Forbes. How very appropriate. he thought to himself.

As he listened to the idea of spell creation being tossed around lightly he wondered of the power or stupidity the wizard sitting in front of him possessed. Spells were not created on the whim of an idea. It took months of training and careful tweaking to create the spell that was intended. Not to mention teaching it to the goons of Death Eaters he would undoubtedly teach it to if he did succeed.

His mouth was dry from the whiskey so he cleared his throat making sure his voice came out natural. "I'm sorry, but I can't help but interject. How do you plan to make this supposed perfect curse by the time we intend to use it. I just can't fathom the idea of it being ready in time. Besides, how do you know what she has on her at all times? What protections she carries and will use to exploit ignorance on our behalves. Do what you will, by all means but you cannot expect us to throw away our lives for a plan that involves cursing them with a spell that doesn't exist yet. Then what happens if that spell doesn't work and she's able to send a few curses your way? What then? Will you hurl curse after curse her way until she's dead or worse escapes? Then where will we be? We should use the curses we know have worked in the past. Your first idea was best Ne'os. Control. It's the safest option and it gets us an in that we will need desperately when it's all said and done." As he finished speaking he twirled the now empty glass inbetween his hands waiting for the coming responces. Everyone at this table had a chip on their shoulder, whether they wanted to believe it or not. It seemed, so far, everything was taken personally as well. A mistake that many made in love and war that could cost you your life.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Jack listened to Ne'Os, trying to push past feelings of repulsion, knowing that the murderer of her cousin stood right before her. She could prove herself best by not letting it get to her, yet, and she knew that she had to remain bold and brave. Luckily, she was working with Aaron and Matt, both of whom she vaguely knew, and Aaron she understood.

Ne'Os continued on with another assinine idea. The first was so formulaic that if Forbes did not act in any manner they hadn't guessed, it crumbled. And this idea- well, before she should argue it, Silvyr had explained all that was wrong with it. She nodded and decided to throw in her input as well.

"Besides, the Imperius curse works just as well. I doubt we can win her over, seeing as she is Grindelwald obssessed, but all we need is someone to learn and report on Forbes' habits and weaknesses. That might be more prudent if we planned on turning her into a weapon, but those methods seem a little unnecessary as well as severe."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:20 am

Ne'Os nodded silently listening to Silvyr spout a unnecessary speech on how his spell making skills where lacking and how the imperious curse was the better option. Ne'Os of course agreed he had only thrown the spell creation idea in to make the imperious curse look more interesting. Still he was still required to at least put up a weak defense on the spell creation idea. He opened his mouth to speak but then Jack piped up with a nice but unnecessary observation.

"Don't be foolish enough to believe that I underestimate madam Forbes, I have seen her use magic. And she is powerful to. She would have to be...Grindelwald approached her for that reason. Now i must ask that you don't underestimate me. Grindelwald approached me to though his reasons may not be as clear. You don't know much about me but know this. When i create a spell or a magical item. It is never weak." he said in a darker tone he no longer tried to make his voice sound young. He made sure that it would be known to all of them that the face of his younger self was only a illusion.

"Now You are of course correct. The imperious curse should be more than enough." He said giving him a slight smile. His voice back to sounding younger again.

"Jack," he said looking at her his smile turning sarcastic. "You have the most amazing gift of saying what everyone has already said. Besides when we have her and if we use the imperious curse we would have to sit down and carefully go over what we need her to do. And then we would probably have to give her the means to do it. The only draw back is that one such as her can probably throw it off In fact i expect she is trained to do so. We would need multiple people to do this curse right. But I highly doubt turning her into a weapon is a good idea...She already is one anyway."

He looked at Jess again "It looks like we at least have the middle part of our plan starting to look real and the first part is taking shape. We should focus on that...you have your three who will determine the best moment to grab our dark friend but like i said it needs to be fast. Fast enough that she doesn't have time to react. What are your thoughts. I think we should when we at least determine the best location go and scout out the neighborhood and find a good spot so that we can begin our middle stage of our plan. After all i don't think she will want to cooperate long enough to aperate or use a portkey. It might be best just to drag her to a location close by where we are waiting and ready. " he said hoping for input.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:30 am

Ne'Os Emof was an idiot. She had reiterated her own points because he was going on random, totally unnecessarily content-specific tangents that were too earlyu in the game to really even be necessary. The man was an idiot. She smiled at him and replied, "And you have a talent for saying all that doesn't need to be said. It makes us a great team."

She knew she was making herself look immature, but she could not bite her tongue when Ne'Os was involved. The rat bastard had done too much against her. She would wok with him and duel with him, but she hoped no one doubted that if he so much as raised a wand against anyone in this alliance, she would not hesitate to try an incapacitate him. Only he didn't deserve a chance to explain. She did need to correct him though, so she said, "Jess meant the three of us are going after Mikaela and Imperiusing her. Not Zada. I don't think Imperiusing Forbes is in the cards."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top