Fleurs in abundance - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Fleurs in abundance  - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Fleurs in abundance

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fleurs in abundance  - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleurs in abundance

Post by Elijah Krum Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:45 am

Women were nightmares. He was besotted with every single one, though. He couldn’t let them go. Perhaps he should have known better. He did know better but he was a mere mortal in the hands of the goddesses he walked among. Elijah took chances on every single one and whether he liked or not, each one was going to screw him over at some point. He felt only marginally better when they did so because of his own choices. He felt better knowing that his actions were the cause of them walking away. He hated the idea that they would just leave, reject him and leave him in the dust. It had been a wake-up call when Chase had left that day - a hideous, hideous wake-up call. He never wanted to have to relive that again. He wanted a woman he could love. A woman who he could trust and a woman who would in turn trust him. He should have found that in Mira but their relationship was too explosive, too volatile.

“I don’t know,” Elijah murmured, pushing a strawberry around the plate with his fork. “I like a challenge I suppose. I like the idea of the unattainable. I’m not a complete fool. I know they’re waiting for the moment the artist runs out of fine words or he’s not longer willing to spare another Galleon. I know that. I know that I’m being used but I use them as much as they use me. They want money and the fifteen minutes of fame I produce for them. I just want someone to crawl into bed with at night. They’re mistresses - nothing more. They screw me over every time and I’ve prepared myself now. I’m prepared for it to the point of acting first. It’s easier knowing that I’m the one that’s driven them away. It’s easier knowing that than having to deal with the fact that they’ve traded up or merely walked away because they’re bored with me.” Elijah smirked humourlessly. “So much simpler. So much easier to deal with. But it’s not fair on my children. I need to settle them. They need a mother much to my dismay. One day. One day I’ll sort it. I just...I need to fix myself first.”

With a sigh, Elijah ran a hand through his hair. He bit his lip before chuckling in response to Selene’s words. “You can’t claim you did not enjoy your time in that room,” He murmured. “Selene, I touch everyone that way. You are no different, pet. You’ll see how I handle people...especially if you say yes and allow me to paint you as I wish to. Shall I tell you why I want to? I want to create a masterpiece. I have expressed my desire to bed you already but that is not what dwells on my mind. I am capable of more than a single thought, Selene, and I said, after all said and done, that I wanted a muse. Live with me. A week or two. Please. I’ll help you and you can help me. I need a real model - not these dozy prostitutes. A woman with class, Selene - one who can pull off more than just a sheet. Nudity sells though I would not want to display you to the world. No, I want to create something different and I think there is promise in you. I see promise in you. Let me paint you and I will help you. I will help you learn and I will treat you with the upmost respect. I am not quite the scoundrel you like to think of me as. I do know how to behave - have no fear. You might want to develop a taste for red wine though - I drink it like water. We'll go after this shall we? We'll go and see. One sketch and you can make up your mind. I need to give you that book after all don't I?"`
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Brun Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:04 am

Selene stared at him for a long moment, listening to him. She frowned as he spoke, talking of mistresses, and wanting to be the one to walk away. Selene frowned, and put her chin in her palms, staring at him for a long, long moment. Her eyes locked on his, he spoke with real feeling for maybe the first time since they had met. Those little snippets of his life she had gathered from him talking, she had put together into a picture of Elijah Krum, that stood exalted in her mind. She listened to his words, and finally had to look down at her cup, draining the last of the now cold tea, and staring into the depths of it. "Sometimes you need help to fix yourself." She said simply, her eyes staring into her cup still, her finger tracing the outside edge of it.

"Oh.. I 'ave never claimed I did not enjoy eet Elijah Krum." she said staring at him. "But I have not claimed zat I did.." she said staring at him. "Elijah... you make me want to go crazy." she said finally, setting her cup down with a clatter and staring at him with a look of despair on her face. "I want to say yes so badly, but Elijah I am afraid! Afraid of you.. afraid of it.. afraid of what will happen." She stared at him when suddenly he asked her to live with him. Her heart was pounding in her chest. He wanted to have sex with her.. he wanted to paint her, and he wanted her to live with him... it was like her eyes might pop out of her head, and suddenly, she felt a smile twist her lips. It was risky, it was on the edge, and it was exactly what would make her mother almost proud of her.

"Okay.." She said suddenly and looked at him. "I do not start work for a while, I can do zat... okay.. I will.. Show me though.. I want to see.. and I want to read zat book... but.. I have made up my mind.. I will." she said nodding to him. "Just take me zere.. and I will gather my things... and go." She said, feeling her heart beating wildly in her chest, she planned on making this hard for him. Making this a real challenge worth his time.. making him not regret taking her in. Giving him what he wanted, but withholding too.. and being able to see Elijah Krum, everyday.. for nearly two weeks, it would be heaven.. and she was suddenly excited. She threw some money on the table, and looked at him expectantly.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Number of posts : 157
Occupation : Secretary/Personal Assistant at the Ministry of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:35 am

Beauty was deeper than the surface of the skin. Selene was, much to Elijah’s dismay, difficult to read. She was not an open book for him to skim through. She was a novel with a thick binding and a lock on the front. For two weeks though, she was his. She’d agreed. Anticipation flared within him as soon as she murmured her consent. He swallowed yet another mouthful of the crepe, knowing that grabbing her up from where she sat and running all the way back to the studio was probably not going to win any points with her. He stayed seated. The ball was in her court whether he liked it or not. She was calling the shots because in the end, it helped him moreso than it did her. For two weeks, she was his muse. His. She was his model. She was not a one-night-stand where one painting emerged. No, she was his muse. He could sketch and take pictures but he would not be able to finish paintings in two weeks. No, he’d need months. He’d need months to finish and he couldn’t keep her that long.

Well, you could... the Devil’s Advocate murmured conspiratorially in his ear. Elijah smirked to himself, wondering whether she’d let him keep her for as long as he needed her. She had commitments and she did not seem the type to laze around with an artist for months on end. Then again - how did he know? Perhaps she’d be all for it. She did have work though. That was the only problem. She had work and he had to waste his days at Hogwarts. Perhaps he’d ask Khaat to give him more time - to give him more time with his work. He needed time if he was going to paint her from every angle possible. At that rate though, he’d need her for a year - or maybe even forever. He certainly couldn’t keep her that long.

Elijah took her money off of the table and took a note from his pocket. He chucked it down and pressed the money into her hand before rising to his feet. “Small favours,” He murmured, before taking her hand in his and leading her towards the door. “Right. Let’s plan this carefully. Two weeks isn’t long enough so don’t expect much painting. I think we’ll be lucky if we get to that. Photographs, sketches...engravings maybe. We’ll see how it goes. Okay, so let’s think...furniture...windows...satin...do you like red? How do you feel about royal blue. Oooh and golds! Right, c’mon lass. We haven’t got time to dawdle. I’ll give you the book, show you around and I’ll spend the rest of the bloody day studying you. How does that sound?” Elijah laughed and pulled her out onto the street before leading her up the road. “How about we go for dinner later though? I’ll treat you, darling.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Brun Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:55 am

Selene watched him with a small grin on her face. He looked surprised that she had consented so easily. But that look was replaced by what looked like excitement, and she felt something weird bubbling up in her stomach, her eyes found his again, and just as she was about to get up, she watched as he pressed her money into her hand. "Alright.. then.." She said slowly pocketing her money, and looking him over as she stood up and letting him lead her towards the door. The sound of excitement in his voice though.. it was infectious, and she could feel herself shivering with it as she allowed him to pull her out of the shop. He started to talk quickly about different things like satan, and furniture, and she found herself almost disappointed that he wouldn't be able to paint her much.

"Sure.. Dinner sounds great." She said, to taken aback to think properly. One minute she had been in London visiting her family, staying in her old bedroom, the next second she was being whisked away to go live with an artist, her favorite artist, in his apartment, or studio.. or whatever, for two full weeks, to let him draw her. Let him, use her as his muse.. and it was shocking in a way... she didn't know what he planned for her, didn't know what to expect, but at the same time, it was a risk she was willing to take, he was dragging her along, and all she could do was smile slightly, feeling the warm feeling of their hands interlaced, and her eyes followed the movement of his body as he strode down the road.

Selene's life was changing with one simple "I will." And it wasn't like she had gotten married or anything, but here she was... following after a man she barely knew.. a man who made her feel.... special. And she was to shocked to even say anything to him.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:26 am

Running through the streets was breathtaking and he didn’t know why he didn’t do it more often. Elijah dragged Selene behind him at an impressive speed. They weaved through the people, upsetting the birds and disturbing the street artists looking to make money from painting passing people. They ran through a chalk drawing on the cobbles and dived down one of the slip roads that led to what Elijah liked to call ‘Model’s Walk’. He took another right and bounded up the stairs that led to the studio. He looked over his shoulder at Selene and grinned before jumping the last two steps onto the landing.

Elijah skidded to a stop and fished his keys out of his pocket. He fumbled with them before hastily shoving one into the lock. He twisted it and kicked the door open. The door banged against the chest of drawers pushed up against the wall behind it but Elijah paid little mind. He turned and took both of Selene’s hands in his. He brought them to his lips and kissed her knuckles before leading her gently through the door. He kicked the door shut and twirled her under his arm. Josephine was long gone, he could smell it in the air. She wouldn’t be back either. The stockings and such that were littered around the room earlier were now gone and Elijah was glad of it really.

There was a fireplace and a battered old couch opposite it. A throw had been chucked over the top, making it look more presentable. Elijah gestured vaguely to it before striding over to the dividers that separated the room. He pushed them back and showed her the real part of the studio. The whole room should have been the studio but he was hardly the most conventional of artists. He then pointed to one of the doors and murmured. “Bathroom,” and then to another, “Store room,” and then to the last, “Bedroom. You’ll have to sleep with me. Sorry about that, love. Fact of life. As it is, I’ll probably be up most of the night anyway. I need you well rested. Oh.”

Elijah crossed the room and threw open the French doors. He stepped out onto the balcony and picked up a book that lay innocently on the table between two chairs. He turned around again and held it up. “This is what I want you to read, beautiful. It’s wonderful. Now...tell me...where would you like to begin?”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Brun Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:38 am

Selene was breath taken by the views that flashed past her as she was drug down the streets of Paris, running towards his studio. She wasn't sure why he was running, but it left her feeling exhilarated. she gasped for air as they finally made it to his studio, and she was led inside. He spun her around, kissed her knuckles, and just looked outright happy. It was crazy, seeing the smile on his face, when earlier he had looked so sad. There was still a sadness to her heart as she looked around the studio, taking in the place she would be spending at least, the next two weeks. She looked around in awe, and then took the book from him, reading the cover carefully, before setting it on a table, and looking at him.

"I am just.. over whelmed." She said softly, her eyes traveling around the room, spinning on the spot. "Eet eez a beautiful studio.." She said softly, then smiled at him and glanced towards the bedroom door. Sleeping in the same bed as Elijah.. that might be.. odd... She wasn't really worried about Elijah's behavior.. at this point, she was more worried about her own. She had no idea how to act here, what if she did something to offend him, or.. she said something insensitive. "Elijah.. I want to know more about you." She said, staring at him, her eyes now locked on his. "I want to know more about ze man zat I will be staying with.." She said simply, and moved with a flourish to the couch, and sitting upon it. staring at him intently. "You tell first... you 'ave more to say.. zen I will tell some..." She said slowly. "And zen.. we will ask questions." She said suddenly, inspired. "Ask questions.. zat we both must answer truthfully okay? Or else what eez ze point of asking questions... no lies.. I do not want to find out later zat what you say waz a lie.. I want ze truth.. sit down.. let us talk." She said, her voice getting a bit softer at the end, and it was obvious that her courage that had prompted the decision to speak about themselves, had faltered and died. "Erm.. please." She said softly, looking down at her hands, feeling suddenly awkward and confused.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:54 am

“Selene Brun,” Elijah murmured, looking at her with a manic spark of inspiration in his eye. “The Girl Who Wanted to Talk.” He nodded once and gestured for her to sit before walking over to one of the tables that held his wine. “I’m afraid I do not possess a kitchen. I do not eat much as it is but we will go out. That’s fine. Should you need clothes...I know a tailor.” Elijah uncorked a bottle of wine and poured two glasses. There was noticeably more in his than there was in hers. He didn’t want to press her just yet and plus, it was hardly dignified to be drinking at such an hour. He corked the wine again and picked up the glasses before sweeping back over to her. He held the glass out to her and smiled before taking a seat at the other end of the couch. Elijah kicked his shoes up and swung his legs onto it, sliding them down beside hers. He placed his glass on his thigh and watched her carefully. “Drink,” he instructed.

“You want to talk,” He murmured gently. “You want to talk. Well, that’s interesting. I admit I have never come across one that simply wanted to talk. It is somewhat refreshing. I admit though, that I might not be able to answer as well as you would like. I will be honest, Selene....but many things you may want to know may well be things I do not wish to delve into. Understand that, please.” He took a sip from his wine and cocked his head to the side. He then took a hair band off of his wrist and tossed it to her. “Up,” he told her, his eyes fixed firmly on her face, on her eyes, on her nose, on her mouth, on her cheeks. “I want to see your face. Has anyone ever painted you before...out of curiosity? Or do I get the privilege of the first?”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Brun Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:04 am

Selene watched him as he poured the drinks, and she felt nervousness jump into her body. Already? She was being given alcohol.. though wine hardly counted, it was an alcoholic drink made from grapes. When he handed her the glass that had just a little bit of wine in it, she looked at it for a long moment. He had been talking the entire time, but her eyes were fixed on the drink in her hand, until he said, almost sternly, to drink. Slowly, fearfully, she raised the glass to her lips, and took a small sip. She licked her lips carefully, before taking a slightly bigger sip, and then set the glass down immediately. She wasn't sure what to think of it.. it tasted.. alright, but she was still to nervous about it to get a real taste for it. Selene watched as he made himself comfortable beside her, and she pressed her knees together, resting her hands in her lap, sitting up much to straight in this laid back room.

She looked over at him and nodded carefully. "I understand.. just raise up your index finger if I ask something you don't want to answer... or if you think you will be tempted to lie in the answer alright? Hold up a finger, and I will change the question." She said softly. "I will do the same..." She said holding up her index finger to show what she meant, before letting her hand drop into her lap. She was looking down when a hair tie literally fell into her lap, and she looked at him, curiously. He told her to pull her hair up, and she suddenly felt an odd, uneasy feeling in her body. He ordered her around.. and she knew that she would do as he asked... but the fact of the matter was.. what if he ordered her to do something.. she didn't want to do... what if she did it anyway..." Selene was looking almost shocked, as she pulled her hair back into a pony tail, and glanced at him. "I 'ave never had my picture painted before... I 'ave 'ad eet taken by a camera.. zat eez eet I think.. "She said carefully, and then looked at him. "You may talk first alright? If I may ask.. if there is something you wish to hold back.. I'd just like to know where that something eez.. okay? So.. even eef eet eez not a lie.. just.. hold up a finger.. eef zat eez alright.." She said frowning slightly. She was worried, extremely worried. She had no idea what she had gotten herself into.. agreeing to become his model for two weeks. The way he had emphasized his made her even more nervous, and she stared straight ahead, feeling tension in her shoulders and back, and wishing she could will herself to relax.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:04 pm

She wanted him to so badly be honest with her, Elijah didn’t even know why. He liked to pretend he understood the female mind but in reality he was just as dim-witted as the rest of the men on the planet. She wanted to get to know him which was fair enough but Elijah was interested as to why. Surely it didn’t matter whether she knew him or not? But then, who was he to fault her. Perhaps she just wanted reassurance. Perhaps she believed that them knowing each other as well as she wanted would make her less afraid - would put her mind at ease in case Elijah really was as erratic as he’d shown. He’d never laid a hand on a woman and he wasn’t going to start with Selene. He didn’t know how to communicate to her that really, she was safer with him than she was out on the streets of Paris alone. He was merely an artist. He did not push the girls he painted. He did not ask more of them than what they asked of him. There were others, though, that had no mercy - they would commit the crime that so many thought he was capable of.

“I will answer you,” Elijah murmured slowly. He lifted his glass to his lips and drank some of the wine before bringing it back down again and running a hand through his hair. There were many questions that could be posed to Elijah Krum and if one picked the right ones then it could have been potentially fatal for both him and his family. “I do not want you breathing a word of mine to anyone though, Selene. I am a private man and I do not wish for stories to be sold to the newspapers. It is not that I do not trust you but I do not trust those who are greedy enough to ruin me for money. I do not want to see you doing that, either. You will want for nothing here, Selene. Any desire will be met,” Elijah smirked, “within reason. All you need to do is ask. But, you wanted to talk didn’t you? What is your first question?”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Brun Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:12 pm

Selene nodded carefully to his words. "I would not sell you out Elijah Krum." She said softly, eyes meeting his and nodding at him. "I would not do zat.. but I do understand your concern." She said carefully, her eyes locked on him, as he spoke and she nodded carefully. To be honest, in the back of her mind, Selene felt she couldn't leave, even if she wanted to. But she knew that if she ever even said anything about it, he would let her go without a complaint. It was almost nice, having a place to stay here.. not being pressured to do anything she didn't want to do. While at the same time experiencing stuff that just a few hours ago, she had never thought she'd do in her entire life.

She looked at her wine glass, well there went her virgin lips in regards to alcohol. She had drank alcohol, and she wasn't sure quite what to feel about it. She still had some in her glass, and while she was tempted, her eyes only moved there every so often, contemplating it, until finally she reached over and picked up the glass, sipping at it again, trying to figure out the taste, while only letting her mouth taste a tiny bit at a time. She looked up at Elijah and smiled slightly, thinking. "Why do you paint?" She asked carefully, her eyes going to his again, watching his reactions as well as waiting for his answer.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum