Platform 9 3/4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Platform 9 3/4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Platform 9 3/4

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Platform 9 3/4 Empty Platform 9 3/4

Post by Jack Kubin Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:07 am

ALL ABOARD!"

"Mum, where is platform 9 3/4's? There is Platform 10 and Platform 9. Is it hidden? Did dragons come and take it away?"

"Hush, Jack, please, now, do as I say and run straight at that stray pillar."

"What?"

Jack asked his mom, but didn't argue. He grabbed his owls cage, and launched himself at the pillar and... felt air beneath his feet and no blood on his head. He didn't die! But he jumped into the pillar. Jack crashed onto the floor, the cage flying. He sat up, moaning, his knee torn up. His mom appeared seconds later from the pillar, holding his bags. Smiling warmly, she helped him to his feet.

"Now that's a good boy, now, get these bags into the correct compartment and go f=make yourself some friends!"

His mom said, smiling and fixing his short, messy hair.

:But mum..."

"Yes dear?"

"What if I don't make any friends?"

His mom looked at him for a few moments, concern in her eyes, than stood up, straightening him.

"Don't worry. Hogwarts will be the best thing for you."

She pushed him along, and, saying their farewells, departed. Jack sat in the compartment alone. Everyone else had someone to talk to, and Jack had his Owl. Looking at Lil' Stumpz, he asked,

"Do you think I'll make friends?"

Lil' Stumpz replied by squaking and putting his head under his wing. Jack sighed and rested his head against the window. THis was going to be a rough first year at Hogwarts.
Jack Kubin
Jack Kubin

Number of posts : 487

Back to top Go down

Platform 9 3/4 Empty Re: Platform 9 3/4

Post by Maddie Kane Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:03 pm

Cecilia walked thorough the Kings Cross Station with her father. He lead her to Platform 9 and ¾ before disappearing quickly. Cecilia wandered the train looking for a empty compartment. She found one with only one other person in it. She pushed aside the door to the compartment and asked “Do you mind if I sit here?” she asked smiling at the boy who sat with his owl. She smiled though she was upset. She didn’t know anybody at the school and her brother was in a whole different country. She was even more alone than when she was at home.

Last edited by Cecilia Krum on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Remembrance Lyn Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Remembrance sat in a compartment on the train alone. She was usually alone these days. Now that she was a second year, She thought she'd never have a friend.

As she watched a boy hurt himself she knew instantly that he was a first year. And his mum came after him. She looked down at the small machine hooked to her side. Her blood sugar was normal so she hadnt needed candy. Looking out the window again, She wished she couldve knows her mother. Her mother had died a few days after her birth. Because of that, Remembrance always thought it had been her thought that her mother had died
Remembrance Lyn
Remembrance Lyn

Number of posts : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Kubin Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:26 pm

Jack looked up at the door, someone was talking. He was busy inspecting his belt buckle for this. He nodded nervously and lunged for Lil Stumpz cage, and missed. He crashed onto the ground, his head landing under the seat. Getting up, he swayed a bit, his head hurting. He felt for the Owl cage, and finally grabbed the cage. He picked it up, and placed it onto the seat next to him.... sideways.

"What's your name?"

He asked dizzily as he clambered back onto the seat, head resting on the window. He looked like a sad drunk who just woke up from a hangover, to tell the truth. Today already he had gotten injured three times. Once on his way to the car, he fell over and hit his head against the door, when he got into Platform 9 3/4 and right now. If the rest of Hogwarts was this dangerous, he may not survive...
Jack Kubin
Jack Kubin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Cecilia giggled and then asked “are you okay?” she sat in the seat across from him next to the window. There was a small smile on her face. The boy asked who she was and they way he asked it she thought was a little rude. “Shouldn’t you tell me your name first? I mean I am a young lady and your a boy,” Cecilia said still smiling at him, “Your have a very pretty owl.” she watched the owl for a second and sat with her back straight and away from the back of her set. She crossed her ankles as she swung her legs back and forth her hands folded and laying in her lap. She pushed her long dark hair over her shoulder and looked out the window wondering when the train would leave.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Remembrance Lyn Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:28 am

Mems was looking at the moment when she heard a crash from the compartment behind her, She quickly got up and walked out the door to the exact compartment to see what was going on. She hadnt cared that her machine was showing it wasnt like anyone didnt know about her being diabetic.

"What happened in here?" Remembrance asked as she looked into the room . "I heard a thump from my compartment and thought someone mightve been hurt."

It was odd for Remembrance to be talking to complete strangers. She reconised the boy though. He was the boy she saw outside of the train with his mum.
Remembrance Lyn
Remembrance Lyn

Number of posts : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Kubin Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:53 pm

"Fine. My name is Jack Kubin. 11 years, First year at Hogwarts, And if I get into Slytherin, I'm sueing."

He said it with defiance, as if I could've defeated the Headmaster like he was a toddler.He watched her flip her hair over her hsoulder and look out the window. He couldn't help but think that she was rather pretty. But Jack didn't say anything. He wasn't very good with girls.

"And you have a very pretty face! So huh!"

Jack shot back at Cecilia, after her remark about his owl. Than, once realizing what they both said, Jacks face heated up.

"Uh...." Somehoe Jack lost the ability to speak.

Just than someone else opened the door, and Jack's first thought was Oh god, it's an emo. but he just stared. Once he finally remembered he could speak, he said,

"Nothing, I just attempted a fail of Suicide."

he scratched his head, and turned his attention back to Cecilia, he wanted to see her flip her hair one more time, if just for the sake of it. But when it came to girls, he had the the grace of a disabled hippo, and the brain level of a Potatoe. So, to put it in delicate terms, he avoided girls for the sole purpose that he didn't know how to act.
Jack Kubin
Jack Kubin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:33 pm

“Hello,” Cecilia said turning to look at the person who asked what had happened. There was a slight look of disgust on her face as she looked at the girl. Who dressed like that? But just because she didn’t like the why she was dressed didn’t mean that she couldn’t be nice to her. Cecilia just refused to be friends with her. “So Jack,” she said ignoring his comment about her face, “I’m Cecilia, Cecilia Krum.” she pulled her hair over her shoulder again and started running her fingers through it. She smiled to her self as she braided her hair. “It is nice to meet you Mr. Kubin.”
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:29 am

(Posting as remembrance)

Remembrance looked at the two first years in the compartments and realised that they didnt want her there. Like most other people, they looked as though they were disgusted with her. Mems got sad and walked out the door silently. There wasnt much a point for her to be there if the people didnt want her there. Something made most people not like being around her and that upset Remembrance alot. Silently, Remembrance went back to her compartment and sat in her normal spot. She took out her wand and looked at it. She couldnt help looking the way she did for she didnt know why she looked the way she looked
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Kubin Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:45 pm

Jack stared as the girl left the doorway, utterly confused. He looked at the doors as they closed by themselves, and turned to Cecilia, asking

"Was it something I said?"

He turned from her to the window, and breathed on it, making the glass misty. He drew a smiley face on it and added demented hands and misshappened legs. He turned back to the door, still curious as to why the girl left, but he didn't venture further into it. He still wasnt like that. Jack looked at his Owl, and than at his backpack, suddenly remembering his other pet. He grabbed his bag and pulled out from the smallest pouch, a small grey rat. He petted it and sat it on the windowsill, where it scuttered across back and forth, looking at the window and at the two first years.
Jack Kubin
Jack Kubin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top