Rain - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Rain - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Rain

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rain - Page 5 Empty Re: Rain

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue May 10, 2011 9:38 pm

"Michael? You'll come?" Khaat asked.

"Me? If you like," he smiled.

"I can't imagine celebrating my daughter's first birthday without you," she said.

"You, my dear, are much too kind," he smiled, kissing her forehead. "Is that worthless husband of yours coming?"

"I doubt it," Khaat said. "Abbey recognizes his face, and she smiles at him, but she doesn't really know him. Nor does he know her. I would like him to come, but I doubt he'll show up. The man she recognizes as her father is Brian. Brian and I really are alright with her having two fathers, but thats just not Rob's style. That's alright. If he chooses not to come, that's his choice. What's important are that the people closest to Abbey, the ones she knows the most, will be here. That's what I care about."

"Can I bring something?"

"Just you," she smiled.

"Then I'll be there. Just for you," he said. Khaat was about to speak when a sharp noise from outside startled her. "Relax. Just more thunder and lightning. And more rain," he said, soothing her.

"Still? Arent' we ever going to get any sunshine again?"

"Not tonight we aren't," Robert said, looking out at the sky. "Looks like you might be here overnight, Michael. If you tried to apparate through that, who knows where you'd end up. There's one hell of a lot of lightning going on out there. It isn't like Khaat doesn't have guest rooms. We might all end up here for the night."

"Its not like the house can't handle it," Brian smiled. "You're all welcome. You know that."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue May 10, 2011 9:56 pm

Jess finished the decorations and stood back to admire her work " what do you think ?" she asked and smiled as Brian offered one of the many guest rooms to Michael " it would give you time to get to know Abby a bit better , theres plenty of food to go around " she said and glanced to Angus " we can manage one more right?" she asked as Jack held her , she jumped slightly at the flash and boom of the thunder over the house " sorry it always catches me of guard , I have never liked storms " she said and held jack tight.

Jack moved to hold her as she saw her jump from the thunder and lightning " yes she usually leaves marks on me after " he said and showed them his arms where her nails slightly dug in to his skin " not sure why shes like this in a storm but im glad she got the decorations done first " he said and chuckled as jessica flimntched again as another crash boomed over head.

steven had just locked up the last of the horses when the first ligtning streeked across the sky sending the barn lighting up like daylight he locked the barn and headed back to the main house just as the rain came down " great " he said looking up his face washed with rain water as he walked not chancing aperating threw the storm , he opened the door as a second clap broke the silance ." what is it with this rain " he said and shook off some rain water that ran down his face " barns all locked up took the opeertunity while there was a brake ion the weather" he said " huh didn't last that long though skys as black as a death eater " he said moving to the fire to warm up.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue May 10, 2011 10:03 pm

"Besides," Khaat said, curling under Michael's shoulder, "I like having you around."

"Khaat Karina," he laughed, "you sound like you missed me."

"I have," she said.

"Well, its a good thing you have a storm to give you an excuse to keep me here then. But you know when I go home, Otto will have eaten all my damned socks," he said.

"I will buy you a whole sock store," she promised.

"No, please don't," he laughed. "I am retired. I have no desire to work unless I absolutely have to. But I have to admit, I didnt' bring any clothes with me. I wasn't planning on staying."

"Brian has a whole men's wear shop in his closet," Angus laughed. "You'll be fine. Trust me. You're set. I think I'll go start dinner. Jess, you're welcome to help whenever you're free."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue May 10, 2011 10:21 pm

Jess looked at Angus and smiled " sure as long as you don't mine me being jumpy in the kitchen im good " she said and moved from jack and heade in to start dinner she poaused as sa clap broke over head and she took a deep breath in to steady herself again.

Jack shook his head as she stopped when the thunder sounded he wanted to go to her but choose to stop himself letting her cope by her self knowing if she was to get over her fear she had to do it for herself he smiled seeing her contune into the kitchen and he turned to Steven " bit wet ?" he said chukaling.

Steven looked at Jack and chuckled himself " just a bit " he rung out the water from his shirt in a plant pot close by to show how wet he ahd become " good to see you again michael " he said and smiled at him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue May 10, 2011 10:33 pm

"Good to see you too. I thought I ought to bring Khaat home sooner or later," Michael said. "Although it does look like it might not be good for me to go home while there is so much lightning. Personally, I think its an excuse for her to get me to spend more time with her."

"Would I do that to you?" Khaat asked him.

"Absolutely you would. You are your father's daughter," Michael laughed.

Angus opened the refrigerator and got out a couple of packages of stew beef cubes. It was a wet, cool evening, and a large pot of beef stew sounded good to Angus. He decided to serve it with a huge basket of buttermilk biscuits and a large salad of mixed greens with a creamy ranch style dressing. For dessert, he had plenty of fresh strawberries to use up while they were at their freshest. He was thinking about a strawberry trifle.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue May 10, 2011 10:46 pm

Jess looked at Angus and looked at the strawberrys moving she started to prepares a strawberry trifel and busied herself so she would not think about the storm out side the house as she worked . Soon she finished the trifle and placed it in the fridge " I made a trifle I hope that was ok but i thought rather than letr those strawberrys go to waste we should use them " she saidn and turned to face him.

Steven chuckled when Khaat said would she create a storm just to keep michael in the house " wouldn't put it past her " he said and chuckled as khaat talked about Brians closet " ow it is big you should check it out , i would say take a map and a cumpass its that big. " he chuckled smiling at brian and khaat as he wrung out more water from his shirt " if you'll ecuse me time for ahot shower ...again and a second change of clothes , ow khaat ...good to have you back " he said as he passed her and headed for his room.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue May 10, 2011 10:55 pm

"Thank you, Steven," Khaat said.

"What's with you and the clothes, Boy?" Michael frowned at Brian.

"She did it," Brian pointed at Khaat.

"Oh, well that explains everything. Do you mind?" His curiosity was getting the best of him.

"Not at all. Up the stairs, first door on the left. Help yourself," Brian replied.

"I believe I will," MIchael said.

"That does not mean to help yourself to her diamonds."

"Steal from my own goddaughter? Are you daft, Son?" he frowned, and turned and went upstairs. Khaat laughed.

"You must have read my mind," Angus laughed at Jess, "That's exactly what I was going to do with them. Its a quick and easy dessert that I think everyone will like, and you're right, the berries are perfect right now. Strawberries don't keep long. We need to use them." He began seering the beef cubes in a large dutch oven and set a spell to cause some small pearl onions to peel themselves, carrots to peel themselves, potatoes to wash and cube themselves. He chopped herbs to add while the meat was cooking and motioned for certain key spices and sauces to get themselves out of the cabinet, along with a bottle of red wine out of the refrigerator.

"Jess, can you make a large batch of buttermilk biscuits? There is a recipe for American style ones in the recipe box. They're actually very easy, and they turn out light, flaky and delicious. I always brush them with either milk or butter before I bake them so they have a nice finish on the tops."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue May 10, 2011 11:06 pm

Jess chuckled " yeah we do it at home must say the banana and passion fruit one we made was a rather intresting taste but the kids loved it, I think it was the cream we used " she nodded and opened the box and took out the recipy reading it she gatehred all the ingrediants and began making them. Soon she brushed them with alitel milk and placed them in the oven to cook . " ok there in Angus" she froze as a loud clap of thunder broke over the house she could feel her need to run but loked at Angus and took a really deep breath in to stop her self.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue May 10, 2011 11:18 pm

Khaat decided to follow Michael upstairs and she went up quietly. She found Michael standing in Brian's closet. He didn't see her there, and he whistled, impressed.

"Damn, Boy," Michael said softly. "She does take good care of you."

"I try," Khaat said gently. Michael jumped.

"God, Khaat!" he spun around. "Say something. Don't just sneak up on a fellow."

"You're a catburglar, and you're jumpy?"

"Of course I'm jumpy! I'm not supposed to get caught!" he snapped. She laughed. He relaxed. He went over and inspected the clothes. "Nice taste, Khaat. He deserves to have some good things. Yeah, I can make due with these. Do you have a big closet?"

"Uh, yeah. Its a little bigger."

"Can I see?"

"Of course," she led him to her closet and turned on the light. He looked at all the beautiful things in the closet and smiled.

"You deserve it, honey," he said gently. "It makes your closet in Hogsmeade look like a drop in the bucket. So tell me, Child, are you really happy here?"

"I am," she said.

"He's a good lad. He always was. And so you're having more?"

"Oh, well, let me tell you the story about that. Come along and I'll tell you while I give you the tour of the house."

"I'd like that," he said, sweeping his arm around her waist, enjoying the time with her.

Brian smiled, seeing Khaat disappear upstairs. "She really, really loves Michael," he said.

"He's been great godfather for her. He takes that job very seriously," Robert said. "I'm glad he has her to look out for her. I hear he's teaching a workshop at Hogwarts for a couple of weeks. That should certainly be interesting. Can you see him as a professor there, really?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue May 10, 2011 11:29 pm

Jack looked at Brian and chuckled " yeah she does, well he could be a good proffessor, at least if anything goes missing he'd find it knowing all the tricks " he said and smiled " but yeah he is a good man he can watch my back anytime" he said and smiled and loked at the kitchen as the thunder still boomed above them " looks like this storms pretty much set for the night " he said as he saw a flash out of the window.

Steven walked down now in black slacks and a light white cotton shirt and a towel as he dried his hair as he walked down " god that bath felt good " he said and sat down next to jack " so wheres Khaat , let me guess with Michael im guessing " he said and chuckled to himself .
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top