Running into the least expected person - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Running into the least expected person - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Running into the least expected person

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Running into the least expected person - Page 3 Empty Re: Running into the least expected person

Post by Chastity Moor Sun May 08, 2011 12:41 pm

Chase knew she probably shouldn't have spoken to harshly.. these people really were just trying to be friendly.. but Chase couldn't shake off the feeling that below everything they did, there was a sense of malice, there was a hidden goal, a word that sounded wrong, and Chase couldn't trust them... she couldn't let herself trust them.. it was better she made herself hate them, so that she wouldn't miss them to much. Of course she felt horrible when she offended that woman, who marched off inside without looking at her, and Gavrilo was staring at her like she was insane... maybe she was insane.. she wasn't quite sure what was going on anymore... saneness was a luxury she couldn't afford. A luxury she had lost when she had walked into Elijah's room, and discovered him with another woman.. no.. she wasn't sane anymore, she just pretended to be..

When they were led up to the bedroom, Chase stiffened and kept close to Gavrilo as they were told that the room used to be Elijah's. Then they were alone. "How rude.. they know how we are.. and they throw us into his old room." Chase muttered, her eyes scanning everything. No matter how much she tried to tell herself otherwise, she was still madly in love with Elijah, and being able to see this part of his past.. well she was looking at everything with wide eyes, her mind trying to comprehend everything at once, while still attempting to look cold and unfeeling about the room around her.

Chase moved forward, and placed a hand on a chair in the room, staring at it for a long moment, her lip quivering. When Gavrilo spoke, Chase turned around quickly and pulled out her wand. "Here.. let me help you okay?" She asked softly, going over to the bed and sitting down beside him. She slowly started to say soft words, while passing her wand over his wounds. "Did he break anything?" She asked softly, attempting to adjust her hair and accidentally sticking herself in the eye with her wand. "Ouch.." She muttered and put her wand down furiously, covering her face with her hands, she sat there for a long moment, her whole body shaking. "Why did I do it Gavrilo? Why in the world would I fall for a man like.. like Elijah... why would he fall for me... sometimes I wish.. I wish I hadn't told him I was pregnant.. sometimes I wish... this had never happened... I'd rather be alone in the world right now, then have to deal with the Krum family.." She said and shook her head. "But.. that's exactly what I would be without Elijah.. alone.. so.. completely alone.. no friends.. no family... just me... me to take care of.. not a baby.. or two children who aren't even mine..." She said and started to shake. "Of course, they are now... and I love them dearly.. but I would never have thought my life would turn out.. this way." She said and felt herself smile slightly.

"It was always my dream.. to be alone... to be able to do whatever I wanted, whenever, have no one to hold me down.. I wanted to travel the world, see things, taste things... do what I wanted to.. but.. for some reason my mind decided that I like guys just a bit to much... and that liking is what ruined my dreams... Now though.. I have different dreams, I want the kids to grow up.. I want to see them making their own choices... I want to see them grow, and expand into who they were meant to be! I don't want to be like the Krum family, where just because I didn't want them at first, means I won't take care of them.. oh no... I will do everything for these kids, their future is planned.. but not in the way the Krum's plan their future.. for the only planning I have.. is for them to do what THEY want to do.. for them to take control of their own lives.. just like I took control of mine..." She felt herself give one small sob and buried her face in her hands again, unable to look at Gavrilo anymore.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Running into the least expected person - Page 3 Empty Re: Running into the least expected person

Post by Elijah Krum Sun May 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Running into the least expected person - Page 3 Gavrilo1 Running into the least expected person - Page 3 Gavrilo
-----------------------------------------------
shadows all around you as you surface from the dark, emerging from the gentle grip of
NIGHT'S UNFOLDING ARMS. DARKNESS
darkness every where, do you feel all alone? the subtle grace of gravity, the heavy weight of stone.
-----------------------------------------------------------
    To Gavrilo’s limited knowledge, there was nearly nine years worth of dust on the wood in the room. Gavrilo could remember that day vividly, the day the boy tore through the woods covered in blood. The sun shone down on Bulgaria that day and it did the atmosphere of the manor no favours. Gavrilo could remember the tears, the endless tears. Even his mother couldn’t quite stifle the sobs. He’d never seen someone so broken before. It was literally as if someone had ripped Elijah’s heart out of his chest and thrown it back in his face. Gavrilo could picture Harry and Elijah. He could remember how the fourteen-year-old leapt from his chair in the kitchen and ran out into the grounds. He got to Elijah before anyone else did and all but tackled the boy to the ground. Gavrilo could recall the way Harry held out Elijah before him. He could recall the way the smile fell from his lips as his eyes took hold of the bloody mess before him. He could remember the palpable anguish that everyone seemed to hold within them. He could remember the way they argued about who was going to go and get ‘the body’ and who was going to tell the Andersons.

He could remember the funeral. He could remember the way Marina swept around playing the perfect host despite the cracks in her visage. Even she shed tears. As her son slept fitfully, curled into the broad chest of her adolescent nephew, Gavrilo could remember watching her cry before he was ushered away by his mother. Those days and weeks after prompted the growth of Elijah. It was awkward and twisted and forced. He wouldn’t speak to anyone. Once the tears had dried up he would just sit and stare at a wall or into the fireplace until the embers had died away. He wouldn’t go into the room Gavrilo and Chase now stood in. He refused to relive every good memory he’d had with Alice. Instead, he replayed the horrific night over and over again in his mind. Anyone with Leglimens knew his terror. They knew how he felt. They still knew. Even to this day people spoke quietly to each other in regards to Elijah. He was delicate, like a hand painted vase cracking and loosing pieces of its finery. He was always dealt with so carefully despite the neglect.

So as Gavrilo stood there and relived his own memories of December 21st 2014 and the days after that. It was nostalgic to the point of creating a sick feeling in the depths of his stomach. He didn’t even notice Chase until she spoke. He was too caught up in memories, in the nightmares of a Krum childhood.

“It’s to keep us away from the main family. Andres is too volatile not to act up again,” Gavrilo murmured as his eyes fell on the bookshelf. He immediately spied a leather-bound book, one that he could not recall ever being there. It looked old but new at the same time. It certainly didn’t have the same amount of dust as the rest. Someone had been in the room; recently too. “It’s for your safety mainly. Niko and Avdotia know I’ll bounce back.”

Gavrilo watched her intently as she swept her wand across him. He knew bruises would form but he could quite easily pop down to the apothecary later on and get some salve for it. Gavrilo shifted a little, rolling his joints before shaking his head. Andres couldn’t break anything. He was a pretty little Spanish heartthrob, not a street brawler. That’s where Gavrilo had come from. That’s where all the Angelova boys came from. The girls flirted money out of people but the lads would take to the boxing rings and beat the living daylights out of each other and other opponents. The girls would often also do the betting. They all had their talents. They had to learn instruments and learn how to sing or dance and play in parks to ensure their next meal. They couldn’t be lazy or weak otherwise they couldn’t haul things around for shop owners or storage managers. It was a hard life but Gavrilo knew that he was going into life with a better set of skills. He didn’t need money and power to get himself going. He just needed a head on his shoulders and a pair of hands that’d move things along for him. He had both. As it was, the Krums barely had one.

Gavrilo pursed his lips and rubbed his thumb across Chase’s eyelid. He pushed her hair back out of her eyes and smirked at her. “Wands are pointy you know.” He joked. Then, the monologue began. Gavrilo sighed and listened. He couldn’t provide her with the answers she wanted because he didn’t know. Gavrilo rose to his feet and picked Chase up. He sat back down on the bed and set the redhead on his lap. He kept his arms around her and began to rub circles into her back. Usually that helped when people cried or were overwhelmed. It was soothing somehow.

“The Krum family aren’t all bad, Chase. They’re old and Pureblooded and just...to bigoted to really take on anything that’s happening outside of their own lives. They’re a proud family. They’re used to everything being just so. Then of course you cropped up and everything changed. Elijah was hardly one to tow the line like the rest of us. The rule is if you keep your head down, you’ll be ignored and you can go on with your life. Elijah has always been loud and proud. For a while he wasn’t. Actually, for a long time he wasn’t. He was skittish and just...not exactly what Viktor wanted in a son. He went to Paris. He came home. He was exactly what the man wanted. Then of course they all find out that that rebellious streak extends to just about everything. He’s got balls, Chase, but he’s a delicate little sod. They’ve spent the last four years trying to streamline him again. They’ve tried to the point of driving themselves mad to get him to fall in love with Mira. It’s looked promising a few times. Then they find out that they just wanted a quickie and it’s back to the drawing board again. They’re Purebloods, Chase. Everything is controlled and executed perfectly. The only people that ever seem to get in their way are my family, Elijah and Cecilia who seems to have developed a nasty little drug habit. C’est la vie, though.”

“You fell in love with Elijah because he was there, wasn’t he? When everything was falling apart he seemed to be a constant. Then...then he got your pregnant and he still lingered. I don’t know what he did to you, Chase, but I don’t think for a second that what happened was done purposely and at his leisure. He adored you. He still does. Or at least, he will when he remembers who you are. What he won’t forgive you for is you taking those children away from him. Merlin knows Fauve was the only thing that stopped him going off the deep end. And Thierry...well, he reads Elijah like a book. He’s never been a hard person to decode, Chase. He never will be. The Krums aren’t either. They all want what’s best for their little branch of the family. They are good people but sometimes it doesn’t always come off that way, especially concerning my family. Just forgive him. You don’t have to let him back into your life necessarily but let him see those children. At least give him that. I can see how much he’s hurt you but whatever that was I know that he didn’t mean to do it. I grew up with him...I...he was always prone to idiocy even then. He did stupid things and hurt everyone. He even hurt Alice from time to time. He wanted to marry you Chase. I don’t doubt that he still does. Just give him one chance. If all else fails then we’ll throw him over a cliff.” And at that, Gavrilo laughed.

-----------------------------------------------
    tagged chase moor.
    words 1,336
    lyrics you are the moon - the hush sound.
    banner moi!
    template FASHION STATEMENT SUICIDE of CAUTION 2.0.
    notes carrots.
[/quote]
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top