The Ties That Bind - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ties That Bind - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ties That Bind

Page 5 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ties That Bind - Page 5 Empty Re: The Ties That Bind

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:21 pm

"You're not in trouble," Khaat smiled. "We've almost all done it at some time or another."

"Its not a big deal," Angus said. "As Jess said, just stay close to one of us, and I'll go back to the estate and get it for you. I know the portkeying is not your thing. It won't take me five minutes. Besides, I have a backup chain in a drawer in my dresser in my room. Looks like I need it. I always try to keep an extra chain. I just seem to go through them for some reason."

"Its because you buy cheap chains," Khaat laughed. "Come on. What did that one cost you? Ten pounds, in muggle change?"

"Eight," he confessed. She laughed out loud. "Look, do us all a favor. Get an extra gold chain out of Brian's drawer. He has several in there."

"I couldn't do that!"

"Yes you can. We're giving it to you. We'd rather you be available to us when we need you than not because of a cheap costume jewelry muggle chain," she said. "Replace it when you see something you think Brian will like if you want."

"If you're sure."

"I'm sure."

"Alright. Well, I guess I'll go and come right back. Anyone need anything or want to go along?"

"Would you bring back Archangel? He'd love the open skies here."

"Good idea, Babe. Consider it done," he smiled. "Anyone else?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Cassidy finally smiled at them feeling better about it " its in the one in my room " she said behind the pink soap " she looked at Khaat " i kinda borrowed one of yours i don't have any yet " she said and smiled at Khat insiting Angus use one brians chains so it would not snap so easily " khaats rig ht i bought mine in a jewlers in Hogsmead not broke yet " she said and smiled " granted it did cost me about 20 pounds" she looked at Jess and smiled " hey yuo have the same chain I do" she chuckled and saw jess smile back at her " that proves it " she said and sat back glad she was not in trouble and more so that some one like jess had the same chain she did . When Angus spoke again she shook her head " it still makes me dizzy even after all the times i have done it " she said she thought for a moment then shook her head she ahd everything she could think of .

Steven chuckled at Khaat and Angus puling his out it sat in an 18 inch thick chain he was taking no chances with his he ran his hand up and down it as it brushed against his wedding band those were the two things in his life he would never take off his body. he thought for a moment and shook his head " nope nothing I can think of ether Thanks anyway " he said and picked another scone as he poured another coffee into the cup he'd emptied earlyer that morning he could see the sun rising over the tres and moved to the window " wow" he said " nice view " he said and smiled seeing the trees and mountains. This he felt was his f avorate mission yet.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:59 pm

"Alright," Angus said. "I'll be back." He took the portkey for the estate in his hand and apparated out. Khaat got up and went out and made a fresh pot of coffee. She smelled the blend. It was alright, but it was certainly not her favorite. Angus would buy better when he shopped. Still, the smell of some sort of fresh coffee was certainly welcome. It had been a long night.

She heard foosteps and knew them to belong to Brian and her father. Brian went out into the living room with the others, and she heard her father come into the kitchen. He came in and wrapped his arms around her from behind in a warm hug. "Have I told you lately how proud I am of you?" he asked softly.

"For what?" she asked.

"For being so brave, so calm, and so very beautiful," he said.

"I don't feel like I am any of those things," she confessed softly.

"Don't you dare let Kieran Quinn's lies sink into your head. You know Kieran better than that."

"And the cd?"

"Nothing on there is new to us," he said. "Its upsetting to hear them really saying those things, but we already knew that they wanted you dead. There is not one word of that, that is new. The only thing we don't know is whether Kieran is part of them or whether he was just looking for money. But we will find out. I promise. He has to sober up first. Then we'll know more. Pour me some of that when it's done, will you, Sweetheart?"

"Certainly, Daddy, " she said. He went into the living room and sat down with the others at the table to help them finish the sorting of the evidence and to start to look over it.

"You lot look like hell," he said to them all. "If you want to get past the time difference--jet lag, muggles call it--you'll stay up until bedtime, or perhaps an early bedtime. That will make it a very long day, but you'll manage, I think."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:26 pm

Steven chuckled and turned to face Robert who had walked in to the room " not me im use to this time zone " he said and moved next to a rather tired looking cassidy and placed his arm around her shoulders "but some of us arn't holding up " he said seeing her eyes half closed as he handed her a cup of coffee and sitting her up striaght .

Cassidy sat and felt her self slipping off to sleep as she sat listening she had nevr felt so tired in her life and stifled a yawn as steven placed his arm around her and stopped her from falling forward witch she didn't even know she had done. " Im sorry I guess i don't travel well " she said taking a sip of the coffee she found it stronger than she was use to and looked at Steven who nodded and chuckled " it will keep you awake till you can sleep " he said and showed her his cup. Cassidy chuckled " now i know why you have yours black and stronge" she said still chukaling to her self .

Jess chuckled too as she looked at Jack who himself was fighting sleep , she tapped his arm and shook her head finding even she felt slightly tired but was coping in her own way. Smiling at Robert she nodded " I think so " she said and yawned her self " ow sorry " she said ppicking up a coffee herself " maybe we could do shifts , where some sleep to catch up and others stay awake " she sujested " just untill were adjusted to the time zone" she sipped her coffee and winced " wow, its strong" she said .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:49 pm

"Do as you like, but if you do that, it will take you twice as long to adjust," Robert said, putting on his reading glasses to take a closer look at one of the documents. "Brian, do your lot a favor and go check your workout equipment. I think they need to greet the morning properly, don't you?"

"Good idea," Brian said. He rose. "Khaat? Wanna come?"

"Sure," she smiled, always glad for a moment alone with him. He smiled, his face lighting up. He was glad to have a few moments alone with her, to break all the stress and strain.

"Go on, Lovebirds," Robert laughed. "You deserve a few moments. I can do without you for awhile. Kate will be here in about 90 minutes with breakfast. She knew that if I was not back by breakfast, she was to bring breakfast here for us all. She knows Kieran too well. We knew the house would be empty. Oh, and yes, the girls will be alright. Believe me. Kate really does have reliable friends of her own."

"I know," Khaat smiled. "Alberta?"

"Alberta," Robert laughed.

"Then they're fine." She went downstairs with Brian and set to work with him checking as to whether the equipment in the gym was safe to use. It had been state of the art just a couple years ago, but they both knew that Kieran hadn't used it. It was covered in dust and cobwebs. They set to work cleaning it as they checked it, along with cleaning the room itself, the walls and windows and floors and the locker rooms that adjoined the gym. It didn't take 15 minutes. The time she spent wrapped safely in Brian's arms, stealing a kiss or two might have taken a moment or two longer, but well worth it. Time well spent.

"Gonna be a long day," Brian said softly to her.

"I know," she said. "We'll be alright. We're used to it. Its fine. As long as I'm with you, the rest doesn't matter. Do you think you can save the house?"

"Well, financially, we can afford it. Especially now that we can tie into that shell corporation of Burke's. The biggest concern is getting all the people who are, I'm sure, rightfully angry at Kieran off his behind and ours. That will be our biggest obstacle."

"We've faced worse," she said softly.

"Yes. We have," he kissed her slowly. "Oh, come on. They'll all be asleep on your father upstairs if we don't." He took her hand and they went back upstairs. "Alright," Brian called to them all upstairs. "Who is ready to go workout?" He expected to hear a whole chorus of moaning and groaning, and he couldn't blame them. But he knew it was necessary.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:03 pm

Steven heard Brian and stod up pulling Cassidy with him " come on A good work out will wake you up " he said chukaling as he heard her groan but stand with him he wasn't about to let her fall asleep on the couch and pulled her to the gym as she loked at Robert " do I have to ?" she asked yawning as she finished speaking and moved with him " help " she whispered but smiled as she sae jess and jack move down to the gym as well . Steven knew a work out would wake them up enouph to see them threw the day . It had worked with him and he knew she would aperciate it too .

Cassidy graned as she was pulled to her feet and across the floor to the steps of the gym , she real just wanted to sleep but she knew Robert was right she would not adjust if she slept now . Finally giving in she walked with him down and smile seeing Khaat and Brian together . transphigering her clothes to work out ones she streatched then sat on a bike moving slowly at first th en picking up speed she watched jack with jess as they worked out now seeming more livaly and happy, she sighed and kept pedeling slowly on it . finishing she moved to the tredmill and set the time and began walking, now she started to feel more awake " hey wheres Angus ?" she asked " he should have been back by now, unless archangel's giving him a hard time" she said still walking but quicker.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:13 pm

"Good question," Khaat frowned. "Brian?"

"I'm not worried yet," Brian said. "Lets see how you're doing with those leg and ankle stretches, Khaat."

"I"m really not dressed for it," she told him.

"Take the boots off and you'll be fine," he replied casually. "You can work out in your socks. You'll be fine." She took her boots off, and he put her on a weight bench. He looked at her ankles and flexed them himself to check her progress. "Good. Very, very good. Better than I expected. You just might be back in those heels by summer if you keep it up. Give me 100 of each one."

"Slavedriver," she sighed. He laughed and kissed her forehead.

"I love you too," he said. He began his standard routine of stretching to warm up. "How many of you know Tai Chi besides Khaat and Steven and me?" he asked. "Its a good workout."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Steven chuckled an watched Cassidy making sure she didn't fal asleep on the tread mill infront of him .

Cassidy looked at Brian and shook her head " tie what ?" she asked not sure what he was talking about for s econd she lost her footing and almost fell off steven stopped her " thanks , whats he taking about ?" she asked continuing her walking as she looked at him .

"its Tai Chi and its a Chinese martial art practiced for both its defense training and its health benefits." he said looking at Brian " what you thinking Brian?" he asked smirking as he thought he was going to teach those about Tai Chi that didn't know how to do it " you think we could between the three of us?" he asked he hoped so as it would focus their minds on something other than sleep.

Cassidy looked at Jess who chuckled at the thought of jack doing Tai Chi " she patted his shoulder as he bench pressed with her standing behind him " ok dear four more " she said helping him lift the last one up to its cradel and she sat down to leg press a little.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:35 pm

"I certainly think we should try," Brian said. "And if we do, I have the perfect teacher."

"Oh, no," Khaat groaned. reading his mind.

"Oh, yes," Brian grinned.

"None of them are used to his training except you and me," she said. "You know that. They've all had some, but not an overabundance."

"Then its high time they did," he said, grinning broader, from ear to ear. He fairly bounded out of the gym and up the stairs.

"Now you're all in for it," Khaat laughed.

A few moments later, Robert returned with Brian, changed into suitable workout clothes. "So you want to learn Tai Chi, do you? Excellent. Then lets begin." Khaat could not stifle her laughter. She laughed right out loud. "That's enough from you," he looked at her, trying not to laugh. "Get up. Get your floor space. Let's go. Brian and Steven, take the back so you can correct posture and positioning issues. Khaat, you're with me, the rest of you, take the center row."

Brian reached for Khaat's hand and helped her to her feet. She was glad she didn't have to finish all that flexing. She made her way over to stand beside her father, while Brian made his way to the back row. He took a spot directly behind Khaat but in the back row.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Cassidy turned off her tread mill and stood facing Robert she sliped off her shoes feling more comfortable in bare feet as she had in her training with him. Cassidy moved to the center of mat and for jack and jess some what nervouse at being in front of Robert wearing a low cut tight outfit for such a work out . she gave a yawn and waited watching steven get in position with steven.

Jess pulled jack up from the bench and walked over to the mat beside Cassidy , jack followed looking still half asleep still . jess chuckled and nudged him to wake him up " hey wake up" she said as he stood next to her " ok so where do we start ?" she asked smiling at would help her s she faced him looking forward to the work out , she knew it would lose a little puppy fat she had around her waist she ahd wanted to work with Robert so she could lose it .

Cassidy looked around the group " great Angus misses this " she said " I swear he did this delibratly just to get out of this, lucky so and so " she said rubbing her arms to wake them up a little , she didn't mean what she said but meant it jokingly that hes mssed the work out . She saw all standing waiting to see what he would do , she felt steven walk up hi hand moved to the small of her back pushing her to stand straighter and placing her arms out at her sides.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top