The Ties That Bind - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ties That Bind - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ties That Bind

Page 4 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ties That Bind - Page 4 Empty Re: The Ties That Bind

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:01 pm

Kieran finally noticed his mouth was bleeding rather badly. He wiped it with his fist and found his fist covered in blood. Then he noticed a few of his teeth laying on the floor. Khaat expected him to be outraged, but instead, Kieran started to laugh at Brian.

"Well, well," he said, amused, "So you're finally growing a pair? And did you say babies? Wait. No. You didn't...You did! You honestly procreated--with the tart! Tell me--do I have nieces or nephews? How many?" Khaat saw Brian's jaw muscles tense. The last thing he wanted was Kieran believing he was an uncle, but Khaat had fully expected it.

"Where's your wand, Kieran?" Brian asked, his voice now a low hiss of rage.

"Oh, didn't I tell you? I gave that up," he laughed. "Useless stuff, magic." Khaat frowned. She went over to him and laid her hand on his forehead. She stood up and looked at Brian.

"He's a squib. He's lost it. He has no magic whatsoever. He didn't give it up. He lost it," she told Brian.

"What did you do?" Brian looked at him deeper. This was not good.

"Eh," Kieran waved the matter away. "I got into, shall we call it, a difference of opinion with another wizard awhile back, and well, you know, that stuff just wasn't for me, anyway."

"No," Brian did agree on that. "You're a lousy wizard. You always were."

"Shall I put his teeth back for him?" Khaat asked.

"No," Brian said. "I think I'd like to see him in dentures. Or toothless."

"That really isn't a good look for me," Kieran looked at her, smiling. The normally dazzling smile was now a bloody mess with holes in it. Khaat understood. It was as close as he was going to go to asking for help.

"I'll do it this once," Khaat decided. She picked up the teeth off the floor, went out to the sink in the kitchen, rinsed them off, and used her skills to put them back in his jaw where they belonged. She did nothing to reduce the swelling or the pain or the bruising he would surely have. That, she believed, he deserved at the very least. As she was finishing, he clutched her wrist, drew her tight to him and planted a kiss on her lips. Khaat froze, horror filled memories rushing back and flooding her mind. "Thank you, Sweetheart," he grinned. "Well, maybe she is a useful tart after all, Little brother."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23625
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:23 pm

Steven watched closely understanding where Brian was coming from his eyes watched kiran closly as Khaat spoke , then picked up the teeth and walked over to him. Steven's eyes focused on kiran who hs saw spit out more of the blood before khaat put his teeth back in he watched in horror as Kiran had the gaul to kiss her . Quickly with his own anger fired up he moved quickly to pull his arm off K haat making it possible for her to move from kieran . Slowly his other hand reatched for kirans neck and his nails dug deep into his throat. " Im normaly a man who gives others a second chance, but for you, i find my self driven to want to rip you apart " he said his face meer inches from kirans . He spoke again softly to him " if you want your balls left attached to your body you will not do that again , freindly peice of advice , you see jack is wear wolf and can tear you limb from limb and if i tell him what you did he will not be pleased" he gave his throat another squeese " theres nothing more pathetic that a wizard who gave up his magic, your a pathetic excuse for a Squib" he said and pushed him down to the floor in anger. He looked at Brian his back straight he was not sorry for what he did and he would not apologys to him for it. "Khaat you all right ?" he asked more concerned for her than the squib on the floor.

Turning to face him Steven huffed his disaproval and folded his arms across his chest it was clear kiran had pushed to many wrong buttons in steven and he now showed that side of him, he cared for his co workers like family and he hated this man with a vengance now.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Brian moved in and swept his arm around Khaat the instant that Steven pried Kieran's grip free of her. He drew her back out of his brother's reach. Neither of them moved while Steven made some very clear points with the older Quinn.

"I'm fine," Khaat said softly. "Thank you."

Kieran looked at Steven, Khaat and Brian and frowned. He was obviously picking up on a new vibe in the room. He studied them for a moment. He watched Brian fiddling with some odd coin on a chain around his neck.. "He's not just a travelling companion, is he?" Kieran mused. "For some reason, you've hired bodyguards for the tart, didn't you? Who exactly is she, anyway?"

A new figure apparated into the room and stood firmly in front of Khaat and Brian, between them and Kieran, just as Kieran spoke.

"The 'tart'," Robert Lupin's imposing voice boomed, "is my daughter, you little twit. You haven't changed a bit. You're still an arrogant ass."

"Kieran, meet my father in law," Brian said, hiding his amusement at the new look of shock on Kieran's face.

"Now, you'll deal with me," Robert said with iron firmness.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Steven stood with his arms folded still as he saw Brian turn his medallion " now your for it squib" he said softly and smirked at him as he sat on the floor in front of them " were her freinds more than her bodyguards" he snapped at him just as Robert apeared and he stood back in silance watching both men he could tell Robert was not impressed just as he was. Jack apeared beside him.

" whats wrong ?" he asked looking right at Kiran as he spoke . Jeck saw Robert and gave a low growl to kieran " what did the twirp do this time " he asked his eyes flicking from the wolf yellow to the brown that was his human color he bent down slightly as if waiting to pounce. He felt some one at his side touching his arm and he knew Jess had apeared "you should have staid out of this " he said to her but felt her hand on his arm.

Jess felt jacks anger and aperated to his side , she didn't know why Robert was there but she could feel the anger in the from the in the room and the upset in Khaat . she nodded to her and watched waiting for what was to come next. as she watched she could see the displeasure in Roberts eyes and knew Brians brother hand done something realy bad to bring Robert.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:16 pm

"If you so much as breathed on my daughter...." Robert began.

"This? This is who you married?" Kieran looked astounded at Brian. "This is little Khaaty Lupin? The little girl with the blond hair and the freckles across her nose? The one who had the little pink flipflops? This is the tart you married? How the hell did you do that? Isn't that like marrying your sister? Oh, wait. Its probably the only one either of you could get."

Robert ignored the sharp, acidic tongue on Kieran. He turned to Khaat and Brian and looked at them questioningly. He had seen the fresh blood and the swelling and the bruises on Kieran's face. Besides that, Kieran was clearly letting himself go. Untoned, flabby, and every sign and symptom of alcoholism. Brian had more than enough firepower to handle Kieran. He wasn't sure what the issue was. It looked under control to him.

"I'm fine, Daddy," Khaat said very softly.

"He's in league with Gelding and Burke," Brian said. "Up to his eyeballs." Robert wheeled around sharply to look at Kieran.

"Then you are a bigger fool than I ever thought you were," Robert said. "And you are also..." he hesitated before he spoke his last word, considering, in his head, his options for the man on the floor in front of him. "...mine." Kieran looked back at Robert, trying to show absolutely no fear, but Robert felt how intimidated Kieran now was, and with good reason. Kieran had learned very early into his relationship that Robert never ever said anything he didn't mean, and that he never threatened anything he was not fully prepared to follow through with. Kieran knew, even as a Hogwarts student, that Robert Lupin could be a very dangerous man when he had to be.

"Jess and Jack, ," Robert said, not taking his eyes off Kieran. "take Khaat back to the house...."

"There is more," Brian said. "More that you need to know. Much, much more. Before you do anything."

"More?" Robert looked back at Brian. Brian nodded, very serious now.

"He's not going anywhere, Daddy," Khaat said. "He's lost his magic completely."

"Oh, has he now?" Robert asked, repressing a slight smile. "I wondered how long it would take before that happened. Well, then, since he is quite captive here, lets leave him stew a bit in his own juices while you fill in the blanks. Let's go to the house, and you can catch me up."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Steven listened and smirked again at Roberts athorative voice . Looking at Jack and jess he watched as they walked over to khaat and each took her hand before talking her to the main living room. he huffed again and moved to Robert " do you need me sir ?" he asked glancing from him to kiran and back hoping he would and soon. He looked at Brian and spoke " no offence but i have seen drunks with metter manners than him" as he spoke his stomach growled and he chuckled " sorry does that when I miss breackfast" he said realizing he had to calm down not sure if the house had a gym in it where he could work it out of him.

Jess apeared in the main living room and sat down with jack " they will be ok Khaat " she said softly " Roberts here and will defuse the situation though from what i felt its bigger that we first thought , hes definatly hiding something " she said poring some coffee for khaat, herself and jack handing her the cup she smiled to her " it will be ok " she sat back with jack giving him his cup and shook her head it had been along day and she felt a slight head ache start.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Khaat felt deeply relieved with her father here. She remembered all too well how egotistical Kieran had been and how quickly her parents had gotten him under control. He wasn't sure what Kieran had been like around his own parents, and she didn't remember ever asking Brian. So far as she knew, her parents hadn't cared how Kieran had behaved around his own parents. They cared far more about how he was currently behaving and had dealt with it accordingly. Kieran had never liked being told no. Not ever. It was what had driven him away from the Lupins eventually. As for Fiona, she had not been ever able to deal with her grief and had not wanted any adult to try to replace her parents. Even though that had never been Robert and Kate's intentions, Fiona had rejected them and remained at Hogwarts.

Khaat remembered the anger and bitterness that had consumed Brian for the first few months after the loss of his parents, and how her parents had never been afraid of it, never walked away from him and had known that below all the vinegar and fizz he exuded was a deeply wounded young man. In the end, it was Robert that Brian had opened up to when he had awakened screaming and crying from reliving the accident in his dreams one more time. It was Robert who had weathered it out with Brian, and it was the Lupins who Brian had thrown his lot in with--completely and totally. It had been an agreement, though, between Robert and Brian that Brian would never be adopted. He had wanted to maintain his sense of being a Quinn, of not losing his family.

Kieran hadn't understood it and had never been around to even know. Brian and Khaat had never considered themselves siblings. Just friends, and legally that was all it ever was. Kieran had been wrong to acuse Brian of marrying his sister, and she had seen how it brewed with him. Kieran was toxic for Brian, and Khaat wanted this finished quickly so that she could somehow get Kieran back out of Brian's life.

"Kieran is just not good for Brian," Khaat said out loud finally. "He brings up old wounds for Brian deliberately to hurt him. So far, Brian's hanging in there better than I expected, but I really would like to use Daddy's bug spell on him."

In the apartment, Robert responded to Steven's question. "I might need you, Steven. When we get to that point. For now, if there is more that I need to know before I deal with this sorry mess here on the floor, then I need to get to it. Let's go back to the house." He looked pointedly at Brian. "I will need you to show me what you have." He didn't want Brian lingering here alone with Kieran. Brian got the message and apparated without another word back to the house. "Let's go, Steven," Robert said. "We can come back for him anytime." He apparated to the house.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:53 pm

Jess looked at Khaat feeling her thoughts and sighed moving from Jack to sit with her " he has to show him he isn't bothered buy all the acusations and anger kiran has inside him hes bitter because Brian is a scusess and he is a loser " she said taking her hand in her own " if it was me Brian is doing great and his restraint i at this moment straind to say the least I think we all are " she smiled at her " come on let get threw all this " she loked up as brain apeared and moved back to Jack wraping his arms around her . " I hope you mister have cambed down" she asked jack who with a kiss to her neck chuckled " yes miss" he said and she chuckled softly to her self feeling her self relax on him as moments later Steven and Robert apeared in the living room infront of her.

Steven looked at Robert and nodded he understood " I have to say sir I don't like him one bit, every part of me just wants to..." he said his fist clentched tight as he looked at Kieran on the floor not far from them . But he instead took a deep breath and spoke again " he had the gaul to kiss Khaat right in front of Brian " he said his eyes showing his anger " i'd be this way if some one did it to my wife " he said he nodded on hearing Robert say he would be delt with accordingly and at the proper time. Turning to loke one last time to kieran before he aperated with Robert to the main living room picking up a scone as he stood looking at them.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Khaat had a feeling she knew what Brian's first order of business was. When her father apparated into the house, Brian motioned him to follow, and Robert excused himself and followed Brian down the hallway. Khaat sighed. She had no doubt that her father would be unhappy, but if he were true to character, he would not display much emotion outwardly about it all. Not yet anyway.

"You're right, Jess," she said after watching Brian and her father leave the room. "He is doing well. And thanks again, Steven, for getting me loose from Kieran. I should have been more careful. We already saw more than enough signs that he was a womanizer."

"Womanizer?" Angus asked, coming back into the room. "My apologies. I was arranging rooms for everyone. I obviously missed something. Did Kieran show his true colors again?"

"Yeah. Just Kieran being Kieran," Khaat sighed. "So I take it we are set for the night?"

"We are. Except I don't know if my father will be staying or not."

"Your father?" Angus frowned.

"Did your medallion not pick up Brian's signal?" she frowned. He reached for the chain and found it was gone. His eyes grew wide.

"Its not here," he said, alarmed.

"Don't panic. It could not have gone far. We'll figure it out. Spread out. Lets all look for it. By the way, where is Cassidy?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:55 pm

Steven shook his head and looked around the living room moving out into the corridoor seeing nothing he moved to the family room . Jess and jack checked the kitchen and porch area . He moved threw each room carefully before walking back and chukaling as he saw Cassidy with it in her hand.

Cassidy walked back in and loked at every one " what are you all looking for ?" she asked holding in her hand Angus's medalion walking over she smiled " you left this in bedroom 4 , i found it under one of the bedside tables " she said and slid it on the chain , it was then she discovered the clasp was bent and would not hold " ok you need a new chain " she held it in her hand slowly she moved to touch where hers was and cursed " damn i knew i forgot something " she said and turned to Khaat " Im sorry, i left my medallion in the shower room back at the ranch , erm... am I in trouble?" she asked passing Angus his chain placing it in the palm of his hand before sitting down beside Jess.

Jess looked at her and patted her hand gently with a smile " we all make mistakes , i guess it means you will have to stay close to one of us in case your needed " she said leaning against jack hoping she had spoke correctly to her since it was the first one she had lost or left behind.

Cassidy still felt bad she ahd been told never to take it off yet she never bathed with it on and never forgot it , why she had that one time and forgot to put it back on . she could not help but sit and wonder why. It was sloppy of her ad she knew it .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top