When the others are asleep
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

When the others are asleep Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

When the others are asleep

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When the others are asleep Empty When the others are asleep

Post by Kole Kane Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:49 pm

River sat in the common room in front of the fire. As he sat there watching the flames casting shadows around the room he though to him self. He wondered why, why such rather cheerful and Loyal people where stuck down in the dungeons. He wondered why the people that decided this had put the Common rooms where they had. Most of the other hufflepuffs had gone to sleep. But like every other night that week he was still awake unable to sleep. He listened to their light steady breathing coming from the Dormitories. He could tell someone was writing down their thoughts in the girls dormitory. He listened to the slow scratching of a quill on parchment as he stared into the flames. River was wearing an old pair of tattered pj pants that had a plaid pattern on them and a plain white t-shirt.
Kole Kane
Kole Kane
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

When the others are asleep Empty Re: When the others are asleep

Post by Miseria Lupin Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:04 pm

Miseria would never ever stay in the common room for longer than one hour. She never Could be ni one place that long. Even if there was something to do besides reading which she loved to do.
She opened the door, and slipped in, holding a pile of books in her hands. Oh dear God, books were like dessert to her.
There weren't many students in this room. Most of them were sitting in bedrooms, chatting or even doing their homeworks. Or maybe even getting ready to go to bed. She'd, not like many other students, would like to stay up whole night, and do something interesting. Well, usually she did. Read.

She walked across the room, making her way to comfortable chair and a sofa on what she sat down, and placed her books on the table infront of it. Then she noticed a young man, a werewolf like she herself, sitting infront of the fireplace. Unlike many other kids in this school, Miseria was stuck in black clothes. She was wearing her heavy pierced combat boots and after the lessons, when she took off her school uniform, she was now in comfortable black jeans which had many chains on them, and a simple muggle band t-shirt which had Marilyn Manson's face on. She liked that guy, though, he was creepier looking than she.
“Hi,“ she finally said, trying to start a conversation.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Kole Kane Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:19 pm

River had noticed a girl come in and she sat down close to him self. he could tell she was a werewolf. "Hello," he said Glancing over at her then went back to looking into the fire. "lots of home work?" he asked seeing all the books she carried with her. "or did you decide to rob the library of all their books?" Riv propped his feet up on the table in front of the two of them and crossed his arms over his chest. he wore a a stupid little grin and his hair was in its natural messy state. "Oh and you can call me Riv, that is if your not to scared to talk to some one like me."
Kole Kane
Kole Kane
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:34 pm

She took one book, and opened it, putting it down on her knees. Then Mis looked up, and raised her eyebrows when he commented her collection of books after he greeted her back. “I'd rather say that I just love to read,“ she replied, looking down for a moment. Words, written in black ink on white parchment made her doze off for a brief moment. She'd love to read, read, and read till she'll just fall asleep. And see something interesting in her dreams.
But then she 'Woke up' when she heard a young hufflepufflian speaking again, and she raised her eyebrows. He was speaking like he was some sort of horrible person, a creature, which he actually was. She couldn't hold herself back but give him a loud snort as an answer before she actually opened her mouth to speak again:“Dear boy, I've seen much worst things that You. So if you think that I'm afraid of someone, who's a werewolf as I am, then you're making a huge mistake.“ She grinned at him, and stood up, offering her hand to him, if he was polite enough to shake it. “Miseria Manson-Lupin.“
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kole Kane Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:45 pm

"Well nice to Meet you, Miseria," River said shakeing her hand. "nice to know there is another werewolf here. At leaset one person that dosen't see us as monsters would be even better. Don't you agree?" He asked watching the flames dance. "it would wonderful to have werewolves more widely accepted as people than dirty muts." he said then looked up at miseria, "Go back to reading if you'd like. you don't have to listion to me grumble on and on about idiotic things like this. you seem more intent on reading any way."
Kole Kane
Kole Kane
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:32 pm

She replied to him with a simple shrug. Indeed, it was always nice to know that there were still people around who were the same as she was. She never mentioned it to people unless it was necessary. “I do,“ she simply said, letting his hand now go.
“Well, the werewolves are accepted like normal people,“ girl said, thinking about how people were friends with her. No one ever questioned what was her race or was she even Pure human. She made herself clear with her actions, and thoughts, which was best way to make yourself known. People trusted her because she was loyal, and brave, and she loved to be the first one. Secretly, she even enjoyed the whole attention people gave to her, although, she'd rather stay alone in the dark and read something.

She was about to sit down on a comfortable and soft sofa when she heard River talking again. She sighed quietly, and took her book which she was about to read minute before they even started talking with each other. “I was,“ she then said, closing the book. They can wait. “So, you said that 'If I'm not scared to talk to you'. Why? Are people frightened by you?“ That sounded odd. Miseria looked at Riv, and his features, and she'd even say that he was too cute to be scary somehow. Or dangerous. Hufflepufflians weren't usually the ones who'd go around, hexing other students. They weren't even interested in Dark Arts. With that, Miseria felt herself way too different. Even James Manson, the guy who she met on Diagon Alley, and who gave her a medallion in case if they really were siblings, didn't like Dark Arts.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kole Kane Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:54 pm

"Some people think of werewolves as monsters. I'm sure you have experienced that. I did the night I was turned. The werewolf that turned me not only took my life but my memory." River said , "I only knew my name because of the letter I got from Hogwarts just before my first year. I don't remember my mother or father. I can't see their faces in my mind. I can't remember if they loved me or anything. I can't remember if I had siblings. Ever since then i was alone and scared. Scared everyone would hate me." he looked over at here then back at the fire "Most of us don't ask for this, but I wouldn't be to sure to say that some did. Who would ever want to be associated with such a widely disliked race of people?" he asked mainly himself.
Kole Kane
Kole Kane
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:28 pm

Werewolves were monsters, indeed. However, she didn't count herself as one. Not usually. “Well, atleast you don't remember anything. I, for example, was attacked by a werewolf when I was five years old and I got lost in the woods. It was pretty painful, I must say. And even horrible, but I wasn't afraid. How can I be afraid of Myself? And then I turned one guy, a friend of mine, into a werewolf as well, and in that form, I was also fighting Jess Potter and Matthew Lestrange, the former minister of magic. I must say that if I would remember that part, I would love to duel with them once again,“ she gave him a grin. Of course she didn't want to brag, but sarcastic student as she was, she couldn't hold herself back.

“And as for the school. Well, I got used to it quickly, even though I'm not even from England. My home was in Transilvanya, the famous Vampire country.“ Which was funny by the way. She never met any bloodsuckers over there, only werewolves who wondered in those deep forests. “Well...“ Mis took a deep breathe. “Other students. Other hufflepufflians for example. You've been hiding in the shadows for years as I can see. And as you don't talk with anybody, people won't show any interest in talking with you. You are the one who has the tolerance against other people, and they won't even question Who are you, unless you will go around, and tell that to anybody. And you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. That will only ruin your life, and make it more miserable. Trust me, I've been through it.“
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kole Kane Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:50 pm

"I do remember the pain. then waking up in the woods. i don't rember how i had gotten into the woods. just running, falling, then pain. Lots of pain." Riv said, "and i haven't exactly been lurking in the shadows. more like sitting by the lake. some times i feel like chasing the creatures throw the forest.. though i have restrained from that." he said trying to make a joke out of his dog like tendencies. "do you some times act like a dog? or is that just a personality thing?" he asked. noticing the smile on her face. "Transylvania, never been there though I've heard that many werewolves stay around there. Odd for a place that is know as vampire territory." he chuckled to him self seeing the odd little quirk in it.
Kole Kane
Kole Kane
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:40 pm

People were so dramatic these days! No one took things funny way. No one even tryed to remember and tell bad memories with a slight joke. Miseria loved doing that. She enjoyed doing sarcastic remarks about her own past.
It was way too obvious that the first thing what River remembered after werewolf, was pain. She couldn't move her own arm within a week before it actually started healing. Before that, she was basically unable to do anything. “If you mean do I sniff other human butts, then no. I don't act like a dog.“ She never thought about going around and chasing cats or squirrels in the forest, although, it even might be fun. “I think it's a personality thing,“ she agreed with him.
“Yeah, I know, weird, right. But they have great forests there, and the locals think that they have some bad bears there, so no one even dares to go around that place.“ She grinned. Her old house was sold now, and the muggles who lived there, didn't know much about the legends. They didn't even know what happened in their house.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top