Sand and Snow - Page 9
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 9 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 9 of 98 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 53 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 9 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:02 am

"Alright, then. Tomorrow night," Robert said. "Not tonight. I want everyone rested. And I need time to get the Paris gang prepared. Brian--you get this crew in shape. Rested, fed, practiced. You know how to prepare for battle. You all should. Cassidy and Jess, you're the only ones who have a reasonable excuse for what I expect. The rest of you know better. Khaat, you will tell me where my grandchildren are being held before we do this. That's not a request."

"No," Khaat said. "You'll have to trust me."

"No?" he raised an eyebrow at her.

"Oh boy," Brian sighed. Robert was not accustomed to being told no. Not ever. "I think she's thinking of stashing them with Rob's friends in Paris."

"Oh. Chris and David."

"You've met them?"

"Well, of course. Why didn't you just say so? They're out of the limelight enough that it probably would be the perfect place to hide them. And Chris and David would make sure they got back to England if anything went wrong. Not that I want the girls being raised as Dents, but well, they'd be safe enough. Alright. That works for me. Be ready by sundown tomorrow night. In the meantime you all have work to do. I'll expect to see you in Paris then. Any questions?" Robert asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:16 am

Jess looked at Cassidy and smiled cassidy looked at Steven then Jess worried, she looked back at Steven "guess i have a lot of training to do , right?" she asked sipping her cup of coffee as she waited but it was Jess who walked over to her and stood facing her .

" well you and I had better get down to the gym " she said and smiled at Steven " I guess I'm in you charge for training though I'm just getting back in shape i know how to fight, welcome to the fold Cassidy this will be big just stick beside Steven , Jack or myself " she said to her " you won't go wrong " she chuckled as if she had seen something spark between Cassidy and Steven glancing at Khaat wondering if she had seen it also.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:27 am

Khaat hadn't missed the relationship between Steven and Cassidy, but she was staying completely out of Steven's love life. Steven was a big boy, and she wasn't going to interfere. At least he wasn't as openly desperate this time as he had been with Ronata.

"If you expect to survive this, you really do need to train, Khaat," Robert told his daughter. "Not overdoing it, but you have to learn how to stay balanced and fight at the same time. With your ankles healing, they could knock you right off your feet far easier than you realize. All your concentration goes to just walking and staying on your feet. If you can't get past that, I want you staying behind. You'll be a liability and you'll risk someone else just trying to protect you when they should be completing the mission. Your need for revenge is not nearly as important as the need to stay alive and safe, and their need to be distraction free. Am I quite clear?"

"I'll be ready," she told him.

"I'll be the judge of that tomorrow," he told her sternly. She saw Brian take a deep breath. That meant Robert was fully intending on drilling Khaat tomorrow. And Robert never took short cuts or made things easy. Khaat was going to be thrust into almost the real thing. And Brian did not believe, for one moment, that she was medically sound enough to go. He believed Robert knew it too and would be out to prove it. Brian intended on sending Angus out for more bandages tomorrow morning. It was looking like they might be needing them after all.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:39 am

Jess placed her cup down on the tray and took Cassidy's from her and placed it to beside her "come on gym best to start early then we can relax "she said taking her hand as if a big sister , cassidy looked at Steven who just nodded to ehr finishing his coffee and not following .

Cassidy walked with Jess down to the gym and sat on a weight machine reaching up she went to pull the weight down "wow check the weight is right for you first" Jess's voice came and she moved the pin to a more comfortable weight and tried again this time it moved better and she worked out for several minuets till she watched Steven walk in and start his work out . letting the machine stop she sat up watching she looked at Jess .

"whats that?" she asked watching his movements as he worked out his back now dark with sweat.

Jess smiled " That is the martial art Chun Kuk Do, which is based primarily on Tang Soo Do and includes elements from every combat style he knows. Like many other martial arts, Chun Kuk Do includes a code of honor and rules to live by. These rules are " she was going to continue when Steven finished her words as he moved.

" 1. I will develop myself to the maximum of my potential in all ways.
2. I will forget the mistakes of the past and press on to greater achievements.
3. I will continually work at developing love, happiness and loyalty in my family.
4. I will look for the good in all people and make them feel worthwhile.
5. If I have nothing good to say about a person, I will say nothing.
6. I will always be as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
7. I will maintain an attitude of open-mindedness.
8. I will maintain respect for those in authority and demonstrate this respect at all times.
9. I will always remain loyal to my God, my country, family and my friends.
10. I will remain highly goal-oriented throughout my life because that positive attitude helps my family, my country and myself." he stopped and turned to face her motioning for her to join him on the mats. Standing she walked over to face him.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:08 am

"If you don't trust me, try me now," Khaat said firmly to her father.

"Not tonight. I want you to be rested."

"I won't be any more rested tomorrow. Do it now," She said. "Unless you're afraid I'll beat you."

"Well, I might as well defeat you tonight as not. Lets go, then."

"Robert," Kate snapped, aggravated.

"This won't take long, Kate," Robert stood to his feet.

Khaat followed her father downstairs, knowing Brian was right on her heels. Her father took a stance in the center of the gym, allowing her to take a stance with her back to the wall. They drew their wands and made the customary bows.

"Ladies first," he said to her quietly.,

"Confundo!" she fired a rather easy spell at him.

"Expelliarmus!" he fired a full powered shot at her, and it struck her hard, blowing her back into the wall. She heard a loud bang as she hit the wall, and it stunned her for a moment. She hurt everywhere already.

"Immobilus!" she fired.

"Better,"he said, dodging her spell as she tried to get to her feet. "Incarcerous!"

"Protego!" She defended herself. "Finite! Entomorphis!"

"Oh ho! So you think you'll use my own spell against me? I think not!" he laughed. She had almost gotten to her feet when he cast another spell at her. "Everte Statum!" It hurled her back into the wall again. This time, she had accidently struck her face against the wall, and it had broken her lip. Bloodied her face, bruised her cheek around the corner of her mouth. That was going to hurt. He paused. "Get up," he told her quietly.

She paused to catch her breath.

"Do you think Burke or Gelding will give you a breather?" He bellowed at her. "Get up! If you can do this, then show me!" She knew better than to ask him to slow down. He was doing this on purpose. If she couldn't cope with her father in the gym, he'd never let her into active battle. Brian flicked his wand and sent her walking stick to her to help her get to her feet. She was grateful for his help, but it might be the only help her father was liable to allow her to have. She had a feeling this was going to get ugly.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:17 am

Steven saw Robert and Khaat walk down the stairs grasping hold of Cassidy he pulled her away from the mats standing with his arms around her at the edge of the mat "this is important watch and learn" he whispered "Robert its showing her she is not nearly as fit as she thinks " he said

Cassidy folded her arms across her chest. and watched intently Jess moved to stand with them smiling at how they stood , and how Cassidy's cheeks went red slightly as she noticed her "its OK dear, you'll spar once they have finished " she said watching as they spared together.

Cassidy found she could watch but was some what distracted buy the heat from Stevens arms and body behind her it made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up .It was then she heard his voice "focus on whats going on in front of you and not me "he said making her blush more.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:51 am

Khaat could feel Brian's concern growing for her as the beating she was taking from her father was getting more intense. She got up on her feet and looked at her father.

"Are you ready to quit?" he asked her.

"You mean am I ready to not go with you tomorrow," she said.

"Exactly," he replied.

"Never," she said, her anger at Gelding and everything he'd put her through burning strong.

"Then prove it," he told her. "Levicorpus!" he fired again at her. Instantly, she was swung up into the air by her ankles. She cried out sharply in pain, the pain bringing tears instantly because of how severe it was. Her head spun and she nearly blacked out.

"Libercorpus!" Brian fired his own wand, unable to see her hurt. He used his wand to lower her to the floor. "Enough!" Brian was outraged. He flew to her. He gathered her up in his arms and wrapped her close. "You can do that to me if you want, Robert, but...."

"Do you think, for one moment, that Burke won't make full use of her injuries when he sees them? Get your brain in gear and think, Brian! He sees her injured and he's liable to break both her ankles again just to have her at a disadvantage and to make her double her suffering before he does much of anything else. Do you think I enjoy this? I'd rather her deal with me here...."

"Because you're so much kinder?" Brian retorted bitterly.

"Yes," Robert said. "I am."

Khaat buried her face in Brian's shoulder, and he soothed her. "Let me see," he said softly. He lifted her face to look at him. He tenderly wiped the blood off her face. "That's going to really bruise, Babe," he said. Her father knelt at her feet and barely touched her ankles, and she turned her face into Brian's neck tearfully. They hurt.

She felt her father take firm hold of the injured ankles now and numb them for her. It made her head spin. His pain relief spell was immensely strong when it needed to be. She was limp now on Brian's shoulder. "She's going to be fine," Robert said. "But she's going to have more swelling and pain and bruising. She'll need to ice them and elevate them. We're not going to talk about this any more tonight. Understood?"

"You and I have a great deal to talk about," Brian said, his eyes burning with anger as he held Khaat.

"Take her up to bed while I check on the rest of your first string squad," Robert ordered quietly. "Have Angus stay with her and take care of her." Brian handed Khaat her wand and picked her up. He apparated upstairs to their room and called for Angus.

Angus apparated upstairs with both girls still in his arms. He looked at Khaat as she clung to Brian, trying not to cry anymore. Brian laid her on the bed. "Let's get her to bed," Brian said. "Leave the girls here with her." Angus brought the playpen into the bedroom and put the girls there to play with some toys while Brian tucked Khaat into bed. Angus brought ice packs, elevated her ankles on pillows and then packed both ankles in ice before he covered her. Brian sat her up on a couple of pillows so she could watch the babies. He laid her wand beside her on the bed.

"I'll bring you some chamomile tea," Angus said to her soothingly as Brian brushed away some of her tears. He disappeared downstairs, and it was her mother who brought the tea back up to her.

"I'm sorry he did that, my dear," Kate kissed Khaat's bruising cheek tenderly. "You rest. I'll watch the girls. Go to sleep if you can. Brian, I know you and Angus need to get downstairs to the bruising session. I'll stay with Khaat."

"Thank you, Kate. Its about time I gave him a bruise or two myself," Brian said in quiet anger.

"Dont hurt him," Khaat said.

"No, I won't. I need him for tomorrow, "Brian reassured her. "Take care of her, Kate." He and Angus apparated back down to the cellar. "Alright, Robert. You made yoru point. So who are you going to knock out of the running next?" Personally, Brian didn't see much of anyone wanting to go toe to toe against Robert. He was just far too formidible for much of anybody to want to spar with. Brian did it because he believe it made him a better fighter, and he wanted time agaist him now. But in all the years he'd sparred with him, he hadn't even beaten him. He'd come close, but he had never actually defeated Robert. And he'd seen a lot of people hurt trying. Eventually, if they took Robert's lessons to heart, they did turn out to be significantly better fighters. But he didn't need them so incapacitated tonight that they could not fight tomorrow.

"I don't know," Robert said. He looked at the little band of recruits. "Who wants to try their skills while they still can? Before the battle begins?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:29 am

cassidy pulled from Steven's grasp and moved to face him she had not spared with him yet and nor took any test she had been told she would have to take. "yes I would" she said stepping back from him several paces and unlocking her wand as she waited.

Jess looked at Steven who just shrugged at her , she hook her head knowing Cassidy will be hurt "you do know he won't hold back" she said to her and saw the nod she gave "Steven be ready to put her back together once Robert has finished with her" she said standing she headed back upstairs .Steven sat down folding his arms .

"OK , well I'm here to gather your pieces, I think you still too green" he said loking into her eyes.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:43 am

"So he thinks you're green, does he?" Robert said. "Well, if you're going to guard my family we need to get past that business, don't we? Wand at the ready, then." He bowed to her and just waited.

He watched Brian and Angus return. Brian was already gearing up to take him on. Robert could feel it. Brian had a bone to pick with him for hurting Khaat. But Robert knew Khaat wasn't battle ready. She was a liability. In her injured state, she could be solely responsible for getting people killed. He knew she hadn't been ready to take his word. He had had to prove it to her.

"I want to see your top form," Brian told Cassidy. He knew she hadn't battled him before, but he hoped she had learned that if Robert would hurt his own daughter to teach her a lesson, then he wouldn't hold back from a recruit either.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:56 am

Cassidy took a deep breath "you'll get it" she said getting her wand ready as she watched them she saw Brian return and this made her even more nervous knowing the man who was her boss was watching her duel her heart beat fast and her mind focused blanking out all others around her as she waited for his first strike. she never struck first always in self defense and never against an innocent child or person.

She glanced at Steven then watched Robert's face his eye movement his hand that held his wand how his fingers grasped the wood with confidence. she knew one day she would be as confident as he in dueling and fighting.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 98 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 53 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top