Sand and Snow - Page 43
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 43 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 43 of 98 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 70 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 43 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Michael Tremaine Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:29 am

Michael began transfiguring phoney gems just as quickly as Brian and Steven could gather the real ones up. Michael went over and destroyed their tunnel and moved about 35 degrees off course and created a new tunnel. It was a subtle change but one that would throw them off course. Michael could see the anger in Brian's face as he tried to suppress his rage the more he thought about how Gelding and Burke knew no bounds in doing their best to get to Brian's family.

"Brian," Michael said. "Mind on the task, Boy. Mind on the task. They're your gems, your gold. Take it."

"No, its not just mine. Its mine and Khaat's," Brian said softly, starting to use his wand to mine gold and gemstones out of the walls of the cavern now. "She's already paid enough. She deserves to have a fair share. As does everyone else who has helped keep her alive."

"Hey," Michael said sharply. It made Brian turn and look him in the face. "She's fine, Lad. She just hit her head. Its just what happens to a seer," he said to Brian.

"You're right," Brian sighed and went back to work.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:36 am

Steven looked over at Tremain and Brian as they talked , he gathered the gems placing them into the bag he held in his hands he watched him move the tunnel off course slightly so it would miss the house and end up some place else . He could not help but chuckle at the thought of where they could end up.

Steven continued the gem clean up when his first bag was full he picked up a second and kept going till all of the mined gems were bagged "ok all the mined gems are bagged , want me to send them to the house Brian?" he asked waiting for a reply.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:45 am

"Yes, please, and when you go up, would you and Angus please take the horses to the barn and make sure they're put away properly. They've had a workout. They deserve to be taken care of well," Brian said. "Robert will know where to hide all this loot when he gets done with Khaat. Back up Cassidy in keeping the house secure then until we get back. Please," Brian said.

He had filled two bags himself. Michael walked over to Brian. "Ytu've done enough here, Boy. Its okay to leave them a few. Consider it seed. They'll get the message that you're on top of things...."

"But that's just it! I wasn't! Khaat was!..."

"Stop it. You're a team. You don't always have to have all the answers, leader or not. Get it together, Lad. She's alright. Get a grip on your fears. Its alright. Now--lets all get out of here before they find out we're here."

Brian just nodded, listening to Michael. He motioned for Steven to go up first and then he and Michael would follow
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:57 am

Steven nodded to Brian "yes sir" he said as he tied the last bag to his waist and climbed back up to the top he relaid the message to about the horses and grabbed his own riding it back to the barn where unsaddling it he carried the bags in finding Robert and cassidy inside "Brain said you'd know what to do the these , he and Tremain are on the way back " he said placing them on the table in front of him. He then walked the perimeter and back seeing so far he saw nothing and returned inside sliding the doors closed.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:05 am

Michael followed Brian back up the rope. The young leader of Robert's organization was highly stressed. Michael waasn't sure why exactly. But he followed Brian back to the house.

Robert had laid Khaat on the sofa and she was conscious now. Robert had found an ice pack and he was putting it against her head. He had clearly already healed the little but stubborn cut on her head. It was probably just an episkey job, as Michael saw it.

"Now," Robert was asking Khaat. "Do you mind telling me how you got into that hole, please?"

"I did'nt know it was there," Khaat groaned.

"Obviously. What happened?"

"I saw...something. Blood. Danger. I..I apparated out and the next thing I knew I was waking up here again."

"You fell into that damned deep hole, or don't you remember that part?"

"Um..just sorta. Not really. It happened too fast."

"Okay, so next time, how about just saying something when you see something rather than going after it?"

"That's not how you trained me."

"Well, I'm changing it now. You learn to speak up."

"Alright," she gave in. "So what was with the hole."

"I don't know. I left to take care of you, remember?" Robert said to her. Then he looked at them. "Are we all secure?"
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 am

Steven walked in to see Brian and Tremain there and he heard the question "yes sir all checked and secure several men are stationed around the perimeter all on alert" he said and looked at Khaat with a smiled it was go do see her finally awake again , he had been worried about her Cassidy knelt next to her cleaning away the last of the blood from her.

Cassidy looked up at the men and sighed as she continued to just clean the blood from Khaat "I think you should rest "she said softly drying her forehead.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:19 am

"That's exactly what I would prescribe for her," Robert said to Cassidy. "That was a hard hit. And not everybody takes a fall like that. To do that and not break something? Well, she was just darned lucky. Anybody else would have broken a few limbs. I'll leave a pain potion for her. That will indeed help."

He got up and came over and inspected the bags. "Nice!" he smiled. "Well done. Shall I take them for processing? We won't know the true value until they're processed."

"Please. And sell it. Divide it up amongst us all, please," Brian said.

"Its yours, Brian. It was found on your land," Robert said.

"With everyone's help. I don't need it to survive, Robert. Divide it up," Brian insisted.

"Very well, I'll have it added to the accounts." He opened his bag and put out a bottle of pain potion and gatherred up the bags of gold and gems from the caverns. "I'll let you know. I'll check in later." He apparated out with the bags.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:38 am

Cassidy smiled as Robert told her it was just what he would order for her , she was more surprised when he said the gems the men had gathered would be separated into accounts for them all, she looked at Brian questioningly not that she wanted it but she could make anew life for hr self buy a home for her self.

Brian was about to say he didn't need it when Robert left and he stood shaking his head ,"ok coffee's, food and showers " he said and brushed the dirt from his trousers as he moved to the kitchen to put the kettle on. He smiled at the thought of being able to add to Andrews trust fund he would speak to Robert later about that and also starting one for John.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:52 am

"Rest a minute, Khaat," Brian said. "I'll be right back." He got up and went to his office in the house and returned a few minutes later. He had four Gringotts account books in his hand. "These are for each of you," he said. "I gave you shares of what we recently liberated from Gelding and Burke. Your dedication to Khaat and to me means a lot to me. Everyone's amount is a bit different, according to how long you've been with us. I've accumulated these accounts for you according to what the payouts for our little business ventures are in the organization. The longer you're with us, the more the account accumulates. I have accounts for Jack and Jessica too. So you know, Steven, I had a small one for Ronata but that has been sent on to her. These accounts will gather interest for you and, I believe, you can get debit cards for them to be able to use them for purchasing things you need if you like." He handed one book to Angus, one to Michael, one to Steven, and one to Cassidy.

Khaat was pleased. She had wanted him to do this for awhile. She and he had discussed making accounts for when Brian gave splits to the employees of the organization. He had previously just given cash, but he was finding that opening accounts and leaving the money in Gringotts seemed to be what vast majority of employees wanted. It was like a bonus account, a savings account that helped them provide soem stability in their lives. She was pleased to see he had account books and that he had given them out.

"When the money comes back for what we found today, the splits will be deposited into your accounts," Brian told them.

"Thank you, Brian," Angus smiled. "That's very generous."

"Thank you, Lad," Michael said. "I do appreciate it, although, as family, I don't need paid to help my family."

"I know," Brian said. "but we appreciate you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:44 am

Steven stood up and walked over taking the small book from him "Robert I was going to ask if this could be split in two , one for Andrew and one for John , like a collage fund " he said holding out the book again "I don't need it and thought it would be put to better use" he said looking at him . At the mention of Ronata he sighed knowing that was a past best forgot .

Cassidy looked at the book she held she didn't bother to look in it just the fact some one had do something for her with out wanting anything in return made her sit in silence. She looked at Khaat then Robert "Thank you sir" she said "its the first time i have had anything that I haven't had taken back" she said feeling happy and she smiled.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 98 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 70 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top