Sand and Snow - Page 14
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 14 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 14 of 98 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 56 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 14 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:52 pm

Khaat sipped on her tea and found herself feeling calmer, almost a bit sleepy. Definately more relaxed. She closed her eyes and just listened to the happy sounds of her daughters chattering in the playpen. It made her smile. To know that they were happy and safe was all that mattered to her. It made her heart sing.

She felt someone cover her with a blanket and she opened her eyes. It was Brian. He had found her one of her favorite blankets--an ivory cashmere blanket and he had covered her with it. It felt comforting. "The winter air is starting to shift directions. Its getting a bit drafty in here," he told her. "I'm going to build a fire so that the girls stay warm while they're down there on the floor."

"Do I need to get them warmer onezies?" she asked.

"You need to just rest," he smiled, kissing her forehead. "The fire should be fine. Besides, its not like we're getting snow here like back home in England. Its just cold and damp. The fire should do it. Can I get you anything?"

"Maybe the girls' baby books? I haven't kept up on those in awhile."

"Coming right up." He lit the fire and then went upstairs and got the baby books, a box of wizarding photos of the girls, and her quill and handed them to her.

"Jess, your baby books are so amazing," Khaat said. "Would you mind helping me with these? I'm behind, and I want these books to be something that the girls treasure their whole lives. I want them to look at least half as amazing as yours are."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:53 pm

Jess moved to Khaat "I'd love to was wondering when you were going to get around to that " she said smiling looking at the books she had given her when abbey was born. she smiled seeing the pictures "aww there so good khaat its going to be hard to decide witch ones to put in" she said looking threw them all chuckling at one of her laid in the crib her feet out and her hands holding her toes.

Steven slipped on his shirt and chuckled at Cassidy from Mo the cat, he caught a glancing frown from her and it made him shake his head and smile as he sat back in the chair closing his eyes for a moment to cat nap.

Cassidy glared at Steven for his out burst earlier, she was angry yet strangely not and sighed hiding a smirk at how foolish she must have looked , she watched him close his eyes studying his face as he slept .
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:04 am

Khaat had a really good memory for when each of the girls had had "firsts" in their lives, even if it wasn't recorded in her books. She was pleased that they had so many good pictures too. "I know. It seems like the camera is always catching something we would have missed otherwise. And I really am surprised at how well I remember all the little things--all the little "firsts" in their lives. I guess I expected I would forget all those things or that they would blurr together. But they haven't. I guess I'll fill in some of the blanks in the books and then we can see where the pictures take us after that? Unless you have a better idea."

Brian looked over the pictures and picked out a couple and set them aside. "I really like those," he told them. Khaat looked at them. She could see why he liked them. It made her smile. "Good choices. You want to help?"

"Um...no. Doesn't appear to be my thing, really," he laughed. "Enjoy."

"Angus," Khaat said, "Could you make a batch of my mother's hot chocolate?"

"Oh, what a good idea," Angus said. "Coming right up."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:26 am

Jess saw the photos and smiled she approved also they were cute ones she sat looking threw others , and glanced at Cassidy then back to Khaat trying to block the thoughts she picked up "Cassidy dear try not to think so loud its hard enough" she looked back at Khaat and smiled as she looked threw the pictures.

Cassidy just sat thinking she jumped a little as Jess spoke and realized she was staring "sorry " she said standing and walking to the kitchen she made her self a coffee to take her mind off it and she lent on the counter sipping her coffee as she sighed .
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:35 am

"Occupational hazard," Khaat said. She had picked up on it too, but really was trying not to make someone else's thoughts her business. "I try hard not to intrude in someone else's head, but sometimes its hard," Khaat said. "Although, I do think that sometimes when I"m preoccupied, I don't 'hear' things as well with my seers skills as I should. My mother has an amazing ability to not let herself be distracted like that. I guess she just has more practice at it than I do. I'm surprised with as active as your kids are, Jess, that you can hear anything at all but kids." She laughed. She knew how busy her babies kept her, and jess did have Andrew along with the twins. That was a bit more than Khaat had to deal with, and Khaat had more help than Jess had at home.

"You know, I really am going to have to buy Abbey some spring clothes. She doesn't have anything for spring. She wasn't here last spring, and all her summer stuff were newborn things. She's outgrown them. I suppose I couldn't interest anyone in shopping for the girls for spring clothes, could I?"

"You know I'll go with you anytime," Brian said.

"Not as my bodyguard. As their father," she said.

"I know. I can do both, you know. But I presume you would like a woman's touch with you when you go, wouldn't you?"

"I'd like a massive shopping trip. I'd like to take everybody."

"Now thats the first idea you've come up with in awhile that I'll support," Brian laughed. He could protect her better with more people around her.

"Please don't make me look like a muggle celebrity with all the security," she sighed.

"You are almost as close to wizarding royalty as we have," Brian said. "At least in my book you're royalty."

"Stop," she said, feeling herself blush slightly. He had a knack of embarressing her when he wanted to.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:54 am

Jess chuckled "its nice to hear adult thoughts once in a while but sorry she was screaming them at me, guess i should ask Kate how she does it " she said smiling seeing Cassidy leaving for the kitchen and sighed . she sat and listened to Brian and khaat talking as she sorted threw the photos again . She also noted how Steven slept threw it all and chuckled thinking he must sleep heavy to do so.

Cassidy walked back in making note to try and keep her thoughts to her self not looking at Steven so to avoid any unwanted thoughts she looked at Khaat and brain instead and smiled as he complimented her buy saying she was like royalty , Cassidy had not thought about it but he was right , she sat cross legged and drank her coffee.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:06 am

"Maybe," Khaat looked at Brian, "Maybe I could interest you in a trip to Venice?"

"Venice?" he asked.

"Maybe?" she asked. She watched the way his eyes lit up.

"Maybe," he smiled back at her. "Of course I know I couldn't talk Jack or Jess into being interested in going, could I?" He remembered what a good time they all had there. He was glad Steven was asleep because he wasn't sure if Steven was ready to go to Venice or not. But it really was only a short apparation away from where they were now.

"And what happned to our day trip, anyway?" Khaat asked.

"Oh. On the boat. Well, I thought perhaps it wouldbe more relaxing after business was done," Brian said.

"Probably true," Khaat said. "We are going to do a little sightseeing while we're here, aren't we?"

"Are you guys up to that?" Brian looked at everyone else.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:16 am

Cassidy looked puzzled at them all why were they so concerned about Steven and what was up with him and Venice . shew quickly looked at Khaat and Jess finishing her coffee as she sat.

Steven opened an eye listening to them and sighed as he stretched out his stiff muscles "if your trying to save my feelings don't ,Venice is a wonderful city just because of one mistake I made there won't spoil its beauty " he said and stood up and smiled "sounds a wonderful idea , if i stayed away from every place i was hurt in I'd go no where"

Cassidy looked at him smirking " oow that must be a lot of places" she said softly to her self .

Steven looked at her and walked over to her leaning down his hands resting on ether arm "well at least i have been out and about and not stuck in a hole " he said smirking back at her his face inches from hers as he saw her gulp at his closeness. He chuckled and stood back up to face them all "its fine and I'm fine Khaat I told you it was over and it is" he said running his hands threw his hair .
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:25 am

"I'm glad. I'm proud of you for being able to move on," she said. "But first things first. Mission first, and then a boat trip. And then, I guess we'll see. How do you think this will affect Burke and Gelding if we bankrupt them? Really?"

"They'll be pissed as hell," Brian said calmly. "They always are. But at least that will take the focus off your father for a few days. They'll focus on me. And Gelding knows better than to try to come after me. I have a history with him that I really don't discuss. Tom Gelding sees your father as a senile old man. He doesn't realize how seriously he has miscalculated that. So far, Robert and I have kept that little misconception from him. As long as Gelding is stupid, then that works for us. The last thing we need him to know is how damned much of a threat your father really is to him. He just thinks that he can do this revenge thing so that your father takes that emotional pain to his grave with him. He has no idea who very wrong he is.

"So, right now, wiht him being broke, Gelding will be so very angry with me that he'll forget about your father for awhile. He'll be looking to see if he can find a way to bankrupt me. Take all his cash back. And, well, he's just not that smart financially. That's just not gonna happen," Brian said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:41 am

Cassidy still sat puzzled listening to them what had gone on with him before in Venice she knew about an ex called Ronata but she could not quite figure out why Venice, she sat so much in thought she didn't see Steven move behind her as she looked into her coffee cup . Then it was too late two hands quickly touch her her sides and she yelled out jumping from the chair . "Hey!!" she said turning quickly to look at him as he smirked .

Steven saw Cassidy deep in thought, too serious for his liking and he moved behind her surprised he could so easily, slowly he moved his hands level with her waist and quickly tickled her laughing as she jumped up to look at him as he leaned now on the back of the chair she had left . "Don't be so serious or go too deep "he said smirking as he saw the look of daggers on her face . Standing he moved to face her "if you want to know I made a mistake there once, I married the wrong woman in Venice and she lost my child after being attacked there, but its over she's gone and i have moved on , that satisfy your curiosity" he said he looked at something out the window and pulled her to look. "look up there " he said and pointed to a meteor shower "bet you didn't see anything like that back home" he turned to face her seeing her shake her head , he looked at the others "I checked on the net " he said turning back he looked up at the sky his hand moving to rest on Cassidys shoulder "stop looking deep into things and just be your self " he said softly.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 98 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 56 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top