Newfound Understanding
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Newfound Understanding Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Newfound Understanding

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newfound Understanding Empty Newfound Understanding

Post by Maddie Kane Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:52 pm

Maddison and Mason had just left the Hospital Wing, where they received the unexpected news that Maddison's wrist was not just sprained, but actually fractured. So Maddison made her way down to the serene lake, where she planned to meet her best friend, Michelle.

Intriguing chatter in the Gizmo chat room had prompted Maddison to realize something remarkable: Elle possessed an unusual ability to sense other people's emotions. It all made sense now. Elle had astutely picked up on Maddison and Mason's mutual feelings for each other, even before they had realized it themselves. Furthermore, Elle had been experiencing frequent headaches, claiming to be overwhelmed by the surge of emotions surrounding her. Maddison's epiphany came to a head when Elle mentioned her detention with Alex, and Maddison connected the dots - Elle was sensing Alex's emotions.

Upon arriving at the lake, Maddison immediately spotted Elle and called out to her, waving enthusiastically. "Hey, Elle!" Maddison jogged over to her friend, brimming with excitement to share her newfound understanding.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Newfound Understanding Empty Re: Newfound Understanding

Post by Michelle Cuffe Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:01 am

Michelle was just spacing out there. She was so lost in her mind that she at first she didn't notice her brother and best friend approaching. But suddenly was there this very enthuastic feeling.

She waved back to Maddie. "oh hey," ahe said quietly. The girl didn't know how to start here now
Michelle Cuffe
Michelle Cuffe
Fourth Year Slytherin
Fourth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:12 pm

Maddie's excitement was palpable as she practically bounced with anticipation for the conversation they were about to have. "How long have you had this ability?" she asked eagerly, her curiosity piqued. "Tell me everything! Did you sense it before you realized Mase and I were a thing? And what about the other day at the lake?" maddie wanted to know every detail. she couldn't help but ask, "What are you feeling right now?"
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Cuffe Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:16 pm

Michelle looked at Maddie and just sighed at the girls all questions there now.

"First please damn calm down, please," she said with a smile. All this damn excitement was a bit too much for her.
"Probably since I was born, it doesn't always show as kid, more likely when your teenager," she answered to the first question.

"At the time I did sense something but didn't know it back then. More likely I began to realise what it was day after in punched that idiot. At first I was confused. Asked mother as it made sense me to have it. As empath abiitly is heritated not learned," she said with a weak smile.

"Yes that day on the lake I had it already. And that's why I did have my idiotic headache too at the end. Also big reason why I skipped some classes," she added with a weak smile. "What I'm feeling right now your damn extiment and Mason's annoyance and worry," she said answered to the last question.

-----

Mason stood there his arms crossed and just looked at Elle. Yes he was annoyed that the girl did hide it from him and also worried how this would effect her. Those headaches she and Kole keep always referring to. He didn't say anything there at this moment. He was still trying to progress it.
Michelle Cuffe
Michelle Cuffe
Fourth Year Slytherin
Fourth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:25 pm

"oooh, Oops." Maddie quickly realized that she was getting too excited and took a deep breath to calm herself. "Sorry about that," she apologized, crossing her legs as she tried to regain her composure. "I'll try to control myself," she promised, her eyes still fixed on Michelle as Elle continued to answer her questions.

As her friend paused to gather her thoughts, Maddie couldn't help but feel fascinated by Michelle's ability to feel what other people were feeling. "That is so cool," she mused, genuinely intrigued. "What is it like?" she asked, unable to imagine what it would be like to experience other people's emotions firsthand.

Despite her curiosity, Maddie was careful not to overwhelm Elle with too many questions at once. She listened attentively as her friend answered, eager to learn more about this extraordinary ability.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Cuffe Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:31 pm

Michellle just sighed. She hated all these damn questions and this very reason she avoided telling it to Maddie. She knew this girl would overwhelm her with these questions. She took a deep breath herlsef before she answered to next question.

"I can't control it. These emotions and feelings come to me without me doing anything. That's why those headached. At times when there is big crowds, it's a lot harder. It's not like I can just shut it down." she said with a sigh in the end. "I wish I could," she added. So yeah there was that.

"So yes, it has been hard week for me. Not because what happened with Alex and everything," she added. Luckily Kole was there for her, and helped her to feel some calmness in all of this.
Michelle Cuffe
Michelle Cuffe
Fourth Year Slytherin
Fourth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:44 pm

Maddie paused for a moment, carefully considering how to phrase her question. She had finally come to understand the reason behind Elle's recent absence, irritability, and emotional distance. It was clear that Elle was struggling to cope with her newly acquired superpower, and Maddie couldn't help but feel sympathetic.

With a deep breath, Maddie turned to Elle and asked, "Is there anything we can do to help?" She knew that they couldn't magically make Elle's problems disappear, but she was determined to find a way to support her friend through this difficult time. And of course, Mason would be included in any plan they came up with - Maddie wouldn't dream of leaving him out.

Together, they would do whatever it took to help Elle come to terms with her abilities and learn how to control them. No matter how long it took or how difficult the journey might be, they would be there for each other every step of the way.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Cuffe Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:50 pm

Elle didn't even know how to answer it to be honest. How they could help her out, was beyond her for sure. The girl took a deep breath.

"Just be here. Don't judge, if there is some days when I just ignore. As I do need peace," she said with a small smile there. "There isn't much we can do. I just need to get used with it. Also yeah need lots of those painlessing potions. I know neither of you are good at it," she said with giggles in it.

She did sense Maddies sympathy and Mason's worry still.

Mason who had been standing there and just listening ended up hugging her own sister suddenly. Something that took Elle by surprise but she did hug her brother back.
Michelle Cuffe
Michelle Cuffe
Fourth Year Slytherin
Fourth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:57 pm

Maddie's heart swelled with love and compassion for her two best friends, Mason and Michelle. Without hesitation, she threw herself at them, wrapping her arms around them both in a tight embrace. "I'm always here if you need me," she declared, her voice filled with sincerity and warmth. "That's what best friends are for, and if things keep going the way they have been, we'll practically be sisters."

As she looked at Elle, Maddie's smile grew even wider, hoping to offer her friend a sense of reassurance and comfort. She made a mental note to research the potion Elle had mentioned, eager to learn more about it and see if she could become skilled at creating it. After all, if there was any way she could help her friends manage their newfound powers, she was determined to do everything in her power to make it happen.

With a sense of purpose and determination, Maddie knew that together, they could face anything that came their way. As best friends and sisters, they were an unstoppable force, united in their love and loyalty to one another.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Cuffe Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:08 pm

Michelle smiled and held her brother and sister close. She knew one day Maddie will ber her sister-in-law. She knew very well home Mason and Maddie felt about each other. "Good," she said with a smile.

She could tell that Maddie was trying to give her comfort and ressaurance. Even Mason did. She was glad to have them in her life.
Michelle Cuffe
Michelle Cuffe
Fourth Year Slytherin
Fourth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top