What are you dressing up as for Halloween - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

What are you dressing up as for Halloween - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

What are you dressing up as for Halloween

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What are you dressing up as for Halloween - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you dressing up as for Halloween

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:15 pm

Luigi! That would have been epic. I sort of wanted to be the Joker last year, but I usually go for funny rather than legit. Though a Riddler costume... that'd be legit, for sure!
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

What are you dressing up as for Halloween - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you dressing up as for Halloween

Post by Ivy Skye Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:18 pm

I think I'm going as a Candy Corn Witch! XD But I'm not sure, I might find a cuter coustume though!
Ivy Skye
Ivy Skye

Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Coldins Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:26 pm

IMA BE A ZOMBIE!!

i mean a zombie veteran!
Blake Coldins
Blake Coldins

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Vito Dee Symons Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:48 am

Matthew G. Lestrange wrote:Alas, it is too late for me to get the material for my costume! I was supposed to go as Luigi, the famed brother of the red cap! However my friend had the BEST Joker costume he wore today. It was literally....creepy and he scared alot of people. Next year...I will be more prepared. I have already planned to go as the Riddler! I like green if you haven't noticed xD

GAH! Brilliance! The Riddler is one of my favorite comic book villains, fallowing closley behind Bullseye and Magneto- Damian Skeeter actually has a little Riddler thrown into him. I’m curious; what sort of Riddler costume do you have in mind? I went as Poison Ivy last year, we could have made a great pair. =P
Vito Dee Symons
Vito Dee Symons

Number of posts : 797

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:58 am

I was thinking kind of a home made one. Almost like the one that's coming in the new Batman movie. Green Bowler hat, pinstripped (spelling?) suit with a bunch of question marks on it, green pants, green shoes, and of course...the super special awesome riddler cane...which I will need to search high and low for. My friend said we'd go as a duo if his costume fit next year xD

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:59 am

Jaquellene "Jack" Dyllan wrote:I don't have any yet, but I'm dressing up as a gay guy. Mostly because I love gay guys (the past three guys I've liked turned out to be gay... and then there's Kurt Hummel XD) and because my drama teacher keeps casting me as guy roles... So, I'm gonna mess with him. I'm wearing a rainbow shirt, skinny jeans, vest, boots, a kerchief/scarf, tap shoes, and doing my hair very short. Should be fun. XD

Jack, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but has it occured to you how dressing as a gay person for halloween could be interpreted?

Actually, I know it hasn't because you obviously don't think that way (which is kind of a good thing, but also kind of shows that you don't have to worry about it). But one of the reasons gay men are oppressed is because straight men see them as a threat. A threat to their sexuality, but also a threat to their physical person, to the extent that straight men have built up myths and stereotypes about gay men's sexual appetites and some people actually think most pedophiles are gay (completely untrue).

And I know you don't mean it that way, but dressing as a member of a minority group on the night of the year that's traditionally associated with horror and fright is not a good idea.

You can see how even if it's a joke, it could make you look really bad, can't you?
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:14 am

Just one question for you Selwyn; was that honestly necessary? Can we have one thread without someone putting a damper on it. But I mean c'mon, I doubt anyone is going to go up to Jack and say "I hate you" on Halloween because she's dressed as a homosexual. Plus that's completely off topic. This about what you're dressing up as for Halloween.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:47 am

Well I've narrowed it down...I can either go as a black veiled bride...or as Alice from the resident evil movies...I actually have the alice costume...well pretty much have it...but I also have all of the black veiled bride costume lol...I'm so confused...but I like your ideas Matt!!!!
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:06 am

Matthew, I'm not putting a dampener on the thread. I'm letting Jack know that her costume could be offensive to people in a way she obviously hasn't even considered. I wouldn't expect her to have considered it, either.

But if it was me, I'd prefer for someone to tell me that something I was doing was potentially offensive to other people, rather than having them not say anything for fear of upsetting me, and then find out that I'd gone out and hurt a whole heap of people's feelings without knowing.

And this isn't just about if a gay person sees Jack and thinks she's picking on them, it's about if a homophobic person sees her and thinks she agrees with them.
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:02 pm

I have considered it, but I made sure the way I act is also very appropriate. I did not do anything that could be counted as for or against gay people and I even took the opportunity once people talked to me about my costume to explain that I was not teasing gay people in the least. This was my reasoning to them:

What do people dress up for as Halloween? Things that scare and things they adore- why else would people dress up as movie characters that they like? I explained my reasoning because I love gay people.

The thing about me dressing up like that is that it was not too extreme in any way. Some people can be found wearing a lot of the clothes I wore, so one kid even told me he realized there was not that much of a difference in the way a gay guy dressed and some other kids did. Obviously, that's not the only reason people are homophobic, but at my school at least, appearance is the main one.

And I ran into a few gay kids at my school and they all loved my costume. They said it was really well-thought out and cute. The good thing about it is, it is not totally obvious (actually I could pass for a prince/pirate) and people will not fully get the concept unless they ask me, in which I am careful to express I am not trying to be offensive in any way.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top