Update on the state of things - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Update on the state of things - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Update on the state of things

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update on the state of things - Page 2 Empty Re: Update on the state of things

Post by Jess Potter Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:43 am

Well if they've been "For the larger part ignored" i can tell you that "For teh larger part" i've not been told anything of what's been happening, i knew you'd planned something but i knew nothing of younger students rebelling, or of study groups.

Trust me when i say this, admins are too busy to be checking everything that's going on in detail, i can tell you that this month has been disappointing post wise, but we've had good user registration levels, that this week Jack has been the most active poster, and this month Aurora has been. That we've not had a change in the most active topics in around about 2 years, which is disappointing. I'm not sure if that was a small attack or not, forgive me if it wasn't, but we can't just know what's going on with the members, you need to keep us up to date on your little things.

And keith, we have been encouraging that sort of thing for quite awhile, there's a topic somewhere where we expressedly encouraged that you guys made your own little student plots.

And finally, you're all saying that a DE invasion would boost activity. Something you all seem to have overlooked is that the DEs are in control of Hogwarts right now, believe it or not, in order for a DE invasion the order would have to take over first, in all realism
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:22 am

Jess Potter wrote:Well if they've been "For the larger part ignored" i can tell you that "For teh larger part" i've not been told anything of what's been happening, i knew you'd planned something but i knew nothing of younger students rebelling, or of study groups.

Trust me when i say this, admins are too busy to be checking everything that's going on in detail, i can tell you that this month has been disappointing post wise, but we've had good user registration levels, that this week Jack has been the most active poster, and this month Aurora has been. That we've not had a change in the most active topics in around about 2 years, which is disappointing. I'm not sure if that was a small attack or not, forgive me if it wasn't, but we can't just know what's going on with the members, you need to keep us up to date on your little things.

Then create a Mod system.

Get like, 5 active, responsible members, and make them moderators. Their only job would be to read a certain number of topics and every week write a paragraph length summary of the important events of the week, then PM it to the admins. Surely the admins have enough time to read 5 or so paragraphs every week right?

I'm telling you, Mods can be a great way to help the admins out, and PA has not been using them well. I know we had Mods a while ago, but they were kinda like Jr. Admins and didn't really have a point (plus, in all honesty, you didn't really have the best mods in the world) Pick some good guys, tell them what to do, and set them loose. You'll like the results.
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:26 am

That suggestion has been told so many times Keith it isn't even funny. I'm sorry but everytime they did that it was pointless. Last time, when I was one, we did nothing...squat. And when Vincent tried it, well nothing got done really. Even if we did have a decent team I still think it's really uneeded. There are only a few members who break rules and word counts whatever that after they're sorted out there would be no point.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:31 am

Adam LaRoche wrote:That suggestion has been told so many times Keith it isn't even funny. I'm sorry but everytime they did that it was pointless. Last time, when I was one, we did nothing...squat. And when Vincent tried it, well nothing got done really. Even if we did have a decent team I still think it's really uneeded. There are only a few members who break rules and word counts whatever that after they're sorted out there would be no point.

No, no, no. I'm not saying Mods do rules and stuff. Normal members are perfectly capable of handling rules by themselves.

The Mods would only be different from normal members because they'd be giving weekly (or bi-weekly, or whatever-weekly) reports to the Admins about the going ons of the site.

Say, for example, Jack becomes the admin of...I dunno, Hogsmead and Gryffindor Tower. All she has to do is read through all the posts in those sections, pick out the important things, and send them to the admins. Done.
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:03 am

Hmm, it's quite a good idea, and i have been considering it recently, i think that they could certainly play a role in the Roleplaying side of things, if only to keep us admins updated on the goings on.

Trust me in saying that i've been looking into it, and as you may/may not know we have made a forum for the mods, i'm just waiting to sort out the last bits of it.

Having read this i think it can be my motivation. I'm gonna do a trial now, thanks keith.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:59 pm

About the DE invasion, I would agree with you if there was more DE terror going on in Hogwarts. My character has been a royal pain in the arse, and she hasnt got any cruel or harsh punishment. And the fact is, we still have "good guy" professors, and those are the most hard-headed, making the DEs not as threatening. There are many excuses for a DE invasion; to send a message to the outside world, to remind the DEs in Hogwarts to be messing with the students, to cause terror, even to simply recruit and then anti-DE students can escalate things into a fight. So many reasons, and I think that if we just had SOMETHING to shake things up it would be good.

I would think the Mod system Keith is suggesting would be a good idea. There has been times when I have either RP-ed in a thread or stalked one, and a character was on the brink of something that could be turned into a bigger plot. If these little things were to be pointed out, we could expand the plot.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:53 pm

I feel as though i have to explain something to you though. You guys never do what we plan out. Demon plot failed, why, because you all refused to accept what we'd planned out, and trust me, it was all planned out, dates and everything, all down pat. We did hand it over to the DEs, and told the teachers if they chose to work there they had to be DEs or at the very least evil to the students, again, you guys (Maybe not you in particular) didn't do that. We can't force anyone to do anything, as it's been harshly pointed out to me, so i'm just gonna return Hogwarts back to it's proper state, because it seems that you guys just don't wanna do what we plan out, that's fine, but it rules out any chance of us writing up intricate plots, because we know, boy do we know, that you guys aren't likely to follow them...

With mods, it's a good idea, i'm about to put it to the other admins, but i'm ready to hold a trial anyway, because i think that if the trial is successful then it's clear what the proper option is
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:55 pm

I have a small question Jess.. two days ago the champions were supposed to be announced.. when do we get to find out?
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:57 pm

Well, I would not say everyone doesn't, because believe me, there are some of us who love to cause trouble for our characters. I'm just saying, if we have more Death Eaters invade Hogwarts -maybe a one time raid- it'll remind the students that there is a war going on... or supposed to be anyway.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Haha Jess you make me laugh with your little side comments but i totally agree with every thing and no one last time i checked seemed very serious about the DE meetings but i could be wrong...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top