Couples spot? - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Couples spot? - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Couples spot?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should we bring the Couples' Spot back?

Couples spot? - Page 2 Bar_left65%Couples spot? - Page 2 Bar_right 65% 
[ 11 ]
Couples spot? - Page 2 Bar_left18%Couples spot? - Page 2 Bar_right 18% 
[ 3 ]
Couples spot? - Page 2 Bar_left17%Couples spot? - Page 2 Bar_right 17% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 17

Couples spot? - Page 2 Empty Re: Couples spot?

Post by Jess Potter Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Well, i can assure you guys, they're not unfounded fears, but he has the power to do that, and i don't really mind.

And also, Selwyn, you may think that it's demonstrating the inability of us in the admin team to get along, however, i think you'd find that it's just a part of who Darren and I are, we'll always have arguments with each other, it's a part of our friendship, it just is, and little you or anyone else thinks will change that. They're not serious arguments, they're just friendly little jibes at each other, is how i see it. But trust me, Darren and I can work effectively as a team. If he chooses to delete it, that's his choice, but i'm interested in seeing if you lot want it back or not.

Eli, valid points, i can understand the concern, but it seems to happen places anyway, so i'm talking about just moving those topics and stuff into a more out of the way place. Just a note for those of you who don't know it, the couple's spot still comes under the site rules, so there's no hanky panky, or anything like that
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:37 pm

I personally enjoy conflict. 50 dollars on this being put down, any takers?
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Selwyn: I do agree with you - Jess shouldn't of added that there had been a disagreement between the staff on this topic. However, the admins are hardly having a go at each other in front of everyone. Jess stated his opinion, and Darren stated his, so I honestly don't see what your problem is.

I really have no idea what your planning to do with the couple spot or why its even necessary, but I do think that the index is already too long and an extra forum will hardly help. I would also like to add that PA is facing many other problems ( like the plot for example?), which are far more important than the couples spot.
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Weasley Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:32 pm

I think it's a symptom of a larger problem, just like the plot is a symptom of a larger problem.
Lucy Weasley
Lucy Weasley
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Ruby Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Well Jess is right, Darren and Jess have this weird friendship but its so funny and i think its a big part of PA, you cant ALWAYS agree that isnt so fun.. Plus when i was here with the couples spot in action i thought it went good only people who had couples could get in and you did have the same rules as any other thread.
Sally Ruby
Sally Ruby

Number of posts : 406

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:34 pm

Lol, Keith. Nothing more needs to be said there Razz

And Majere, thank you, that's pretty much exactly what it was

And it's pretty much just there to keep it away from others, i know that recently i've tried to join a topic, and it's been fairly impossible as there was some couple stuff going on in it, this was an open topic, so i figure if we give them somewhere else to do it >>

Also, it's a hidden forum, so you wont have to worry about your index getting too long Vincent, and we're working on the plot, have been for awhile

Selwyn, there is no "Larger problem" in the admin team, we're just fine thank you, but i do appreciate the concern, as i stated above, we're working on the plot, but this isn't the place for that conversation is it?

And lol sally, i love you sometimes haha
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Weasley Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Well, if it was hidden I'd be even less inclined to support it. I enjoy stalking the couples threads.
Lucy Weasley
Lucy Weasley
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Ruby Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:47 am

Haha Jess XD im just smartical aint i?? Very Happy i agree with you on that too, there is couples in some threads where it does make it nearly impossible to even attempt to join in mainly because its mushy goushy and who really wants to be in that ? lolz XD
and Selwyn thats just weird lolz XD though it can be fun sometimes i must agree with you
Sally Ruby
Sally Ruby

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Olawale Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:31 am

I'll add my two cents. just because I like to hear myself rant.

I understand both sides. The plots on this site are already suffering as it is and the people on it are focusing more of silly little romance plots rather than the whole point of the site. In all honesty, I'm still wondering where PA and the DEs are... Or the demons... I mean, why further distract from the plots?

However, it IS fun to stalk couples thread (I do it too Selwyn) and everyone loves nice little subplots, not only to be apart of, but also to read about. And everyone loves shipping...

My thoughts... We need to revive the main plots first. A few others, including myself, have been plotting and trying to get things in motion to do so, Hogwarts subplots have been started, etc. And a nice subplot always works better when there's a larger plot to refer too. We get the big plots working, the couple's spot could be a nice reward, and then everyone's happy.

Basically restating what a lot of people said and I'm not exactly pro or con... but... like I said. Like to hear myself rant. xP
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 210
Special Abilities : Leglimancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Ruby Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:42 am

I do agree with you Peter but for anyone who has read all of the Harry Potter series, and im assuming you all have correct me if im wrong, you may notice there IS some romance in the books along with the movies and though some parts may be small romances there is some big romances like Ron and Hermanie and Harry and Gennys. Those are big romances and a part of how the story works including books/movies 1-5 (correct me if im wrong please) where Harry has A HUGE crush on Cho now thats a big romance part of the book. Though however i do agree with you Peter where we need to revive some of the main plots first and have the couples spot as a reward. I think it would actually make the site much more exciting if we are working towards a reward as the site members and fixing main plots and subplots.
Sally Ruby
Sally Ruby

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top