THE TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

THE TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

THE TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THE TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT! Empty THE TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT!

Post by Darren Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:06 am

Hello members! It is my pleasure to announce that the Triwizard Tournament will be held at Hogwarts this year. I guess you all know what the Triwizard Tournament is, but if you don't, go read it up on the lexicon, as I won't waste time explaining.

We have never actually had a Triwizard tournament at Hogwarts, we did have the House Tournament last year, which turned out to be a mixed success due to rather bad management and inactivity of champions. The Triwizard will be quite different from that though.

Just like the Triwizard Tournament in 'The Goblet of Fire', the Tournament will be between three champions of the three major European schools - Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang.. Ten seventh years from each school will come to Hogwarts to participate in the tournament. During their stay they will also attend classes and live in the dormitories.

ALL members are permitted to create ONE foreign student from either school. If we are short on foreign students, we might lift this limit, but for now only one is allowed. From these characters, two will be chosen by the admins to represent their schools. As for the Hogwarts champion, you are allowed to vote for the character you want as champion.

If you are not chosen as the champion for Durmstrang and Beauxbatons, you can still post with your character around Hogwarts!

Before making a Durmstrang or Beauxbatons character though, keep in mind:

Durmstrang is a school located in northern Scandinavia. It is very cold there and people mainly from Eastern Europe come to study there. These countries include: Bulgaria, Poland, Romania, Russia, Finland, Serbia and many others. All the students speak English, though not too well. Durmstrang does not admit muggle-borns and is notorious for its practice of dark arts. That doesn't mean all Durmstrang students are like death eaters though. They do share a lot with the Slytherin House though.

Beauxbatons is a school in southern France. All french wizards/witches come to study here. However, wizards/witches from neighboring countries like Switzerland, Belgium and Spain come to study here. All beauxbatons students know French, though they can also speak English.

Last edited by Darren on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

THE TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT! Empty Re: THE TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT!

Post by James Wake Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:41 pm

Wait... wasn't Beauxbatons an all-girl school?

If not, I've gotta create the first guy for the school. The poor sap >=D
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:48 pm

No, that was only for the movies
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Krum Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:52 pm

No, it wasn't only for the movies... Beauxbatons is not an all girl school. Fleur Delacour date at the yule ball was a guy from her school.
Elizabeth Krum
Elizabeth Krum
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4133

http://thetwistintime.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:55 pm

In the movie I'm quite sure it was an all girls school and Durmstrang was an all boy school.

However, in the books, both schools allow both genders.
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Wake Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:58 pm

DELETE
Alan Wake
Alan Wake

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Krum Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:59 pm

In the movie, it was some lucky Hogwarts kid but not in the book.
Elizabeth Krum
Elizabeth Krum
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:59 pm

Hm... in the Book, I believe that Fleur went with some "lucky" Hogwarts kid, but whatever.

Time to make a poor sap. >=D
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Krum Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:02 pm

I will make my self clear, in the movie she went with some lucky Hogwarts kid and in the book she went with someone from her school.
Elizabeth Krum
Elizabeth Krum
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:06 pm

Actually, Elizabeth, Fleur went with Rodger Davies and in the film she also went with him. James is right. Although I'm sure it doesn't really matter. Razz
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top