Read: An idea - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Read: An idea - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Read: An idea

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Read: An idea - Page 3 Empty Re: Read: An idea

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:41 pm

thats a much better idea, methinks. although not so true to canon. seems better to the site.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:52 pm

I understand what you are saying and I know that the canon has been stretched, but since it already has been this way for awhile, it is kind of frustrating to have the system change on us. My plot may not completely be ruined by it, but there is no doubt it would suffer. Not to mention, personally, I have a lot of fun RP-ing with the grad students on this site, and to have that option almost eliminated makes me really worried.

I could work with havind Diagon Alley, Knockturn Alley, and Hogsmeade open though. I don't see how a student can really justify being in France or something during the school term, but those are acceptable.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:50 am

Ok, but i'd prefer to be keeping at an every 4th week thing, solely because, as i mentioned, if you make something special, people go for it.

(For example, remember the holidays forums? Exact same thing as WWR, just with a fuss made about it.
Holiday forums = Good activity
WWR = Bad
Yet, they were the same thing)

So, i suppose the shops in Diagon alley and Knockturn alley, as well as all of Hogsmeade could open every four weeks, i wouldn't have them open all the time.

However, you can still redeem yourself and post in the main topics i'm opening.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Maddie Kane Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:04 pm

i agree with it though i think there should be 1 or 2 place that students should be able to rp in besides the ones in Hogwarts like. have special weekends or something where students can go home for 2 days or something then which should be like a privilege like in the books hogsmeade.

though thats just my opinion
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:55 pm

I'm still not convinced, really. I have a feeling overall activity may go down if students suddenly can't post in the places they have before... And like I said, people who ARE posting actively are being punished for things they can not control.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Ana, it's an idea to make it that students can only post in Hogwarts.

Steph, we've been discussing what the terms are going to be if we do go ahead with it

Cut short and sweet as i have to run:

Jack, i know you may not be happy with it, and it may seem as a punishment, but we're not doing it to be mean, but we're not, we just want to get the main category on PA a bit more active.

argh, gotta run
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:15 am

I know you guys aren't, I'm just letting you know it worries me quite a bit. I think we should try to find some positive ways to enforce posting in Hogwarts before we go about ways that feel more negative.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:49 am

Well, if it doesn't increase, in the classes and the other topics, that's what we're gonna do, i've made allowances, not it's up to the member body as a whole, if you can't do that, we'll bring this in, Sorry if that annoys you, but we have made some allowances for it >>
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:49 pm

What about cleaning student accounts? Clearing the classes of inactive students, take all the ones not posting and make them only allowed to see Hogwarts? Just an idea, allow those that actually post in Hoggy-Warts outside.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top