N.E.W.T. class 1st - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

N.E.W.T. class 1st - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

N.E.W.T. class 1st

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

N.E.W.T. class 1st - Page 2 Empty Re: N.E.W.T. class 1st

Post by Gabrielle Delacour Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:12 pm

Gabrielle was used to do many things at once so today wouldn't be the exception. "That's correct Miss Ravenquist wouldn't expect anything less from a Rawenclaw. That's 10 points for you." she said as her eyes followed Scorpius even though she didn't turn her attention from the class.

"So anyway, you mentioned patience and concetration. This is precisely what makes it so difficult for you to perform because you youngs nowdays don;t have enough of either of those. Which reminds me i forgot about telling you. When you're in my class, you are here with spirit too not just your body because trust me i will punish you more for not paying attention then for missing a class." she said giving a significant look to Scorpius who just sat down in the back.

She was about to point her wand across her shoulder, but changed mind at last moment. "This year is entierly dedicated to non-verbal spells. I will try to connect what we did, and what we are going to do so we will be starting from beggining only with different approach. Who can tell me 2 spells for water? One is used to produce it and other one to freeze it." she asked looking around not really sure where to look since she wasn;t much familiar with these students.
Gabrielle Delacour
Gabrielle Delacour
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 104
Special Abilities : Apparation, Non-Verbal Magic, Legilimency, Occlumency, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:29 pm

Jack stared at the teacher. Was she really simply asking for spells for water producing and freezing? Jack withheld the wish to roll her eyes, hoping this class would not be such a soft subject later in the year, or she would be planning on napping in class. The teacher seemed to be a stickler for rules, but Jack had learned how to get around this.

"Aguamenti," she droned, beginning to doodle on a paper, deciding to let one of the goody-two shoes Ravenclaws or one of the other kiss ups answer the freezing spell. Jack knew that to be able to continue on being herself- you know trouble making, procrastinating, etc- she would have to at least put in some effort.

And so that was the only reason she decided to supply an answer. And she was not going to be one of those know-it-alls who answered the full entirety of the question and then some. No. If you even got Jack to interrupt what she was doing- which was drawing a picture of a dragon chasing first years- and answer, you should feel accomplished.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:38 pm

Brienne raised her hand, "The freezing spell is known as Glacius. It's got a great range, but can be easily melted with Incendio". She then took a piece of her parchment, and dipped a quill in ink. She took some notes, including what she learned. When she was finished, though, she started to doodle. She made various geometric patterns, a drawing of Daniel breathing fire on Luna, and various other stuff. She was bored in the class, but didn't let it show.

When she was done with her parchment, there were drawings all in the margins and corners where nothing was written. She did this sort of stuff to make her notes a little more interesting since plain ones were just boring. She had an odd fixation with Daniel Cethin, doodling pictures of him in various funny and cute situations. However, she didn't realize that she had this odd fixation, not even when she looked back on her notes. All she saw were works of art in the margins of parchment.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Severus Potter Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:55 pm

Albus entered the class, perhaps a bit late. But he had been held up by a few first years at the second floor. They had been lost trying to find the DADA classroom, so Albus had redirected them. Still, now he was late, and would probably be punished. Though Delacour was a family friend, she was also very strict and would probably not give Albus any special treatment. She hadn't last year, or the year before that, so he didn't expect any now.

Still, he could probably avoid a detention as it was the first class. Entering the class, he quickly apologized and then went to take a seat at the back. There were only two empty ones left anyway. "Sorry for being late professor."
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementine Lovegood Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:07 pm

Jamie entered the class. She knew she was a little late but it was better than not coming at all. Before arriving at Hogwarts she had been kind of planning to skip most of her classes in the start of the year. Her 9 month pregnant belly stood out like a neon sign. The baby was due in a mere two weeks or so and Jamie was terrified that she would pop at any second. However when she got to school and discovered the abundance of Death Eaters as teachers any thoughts of ditching were abandoned. She knew that the punishment would be harsh and she couldn't take that right now. "I'm sorry I'm late professor" Jamie said in a quiet voice.

Jamie went to sit down when she saw there was only one seat left - next to Albus. Jamie had done a good job of avoiding the younger Potter boy for the majority of last year but it was only common sense that they would run into each other. Sitting down she pulled out her books keeping her eyes downcast. "Hey" she murmurer under her breath to him.
Clementine Lovegood

Number of posts : 2053

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Severus Potter Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:34 pm

Albus leaned to get his Charms books, quill and parchment - all in his bag. He took them and put them on his desk and then looked up as another late student entered the class. He watched as Jamie looked at the empty seat next to him, then looked around at the rest of the class to see if there was any empty seat. "Jamie," he muttered under his breath. He hadn't seen her all Summer and well, not most of last year too. They had developed a friendship earlier last year and, to be honest, he was quite offended by the whole avoiding thing. Albus didn't care how good of a reason she had.

As she came to sit down he didn't look at her, though he was rather surprised when she talked to him. Albus knew Charms class was generally a good place to talk, as everyone was always doing something and making a lot of noise, so no one would pay attention to them. "Hey Jamie," Albus said, a little coldly. "Long time no see." Albus looked down at her belly, he was surprised she was still coming to classes with that. The last time he had seen her he hadn't even known she was pregnant.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementine Lovegood Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:10 pm

"Too long" Jamie said. She smiled but it was a difficult forced one. She saw Albu glance at her belly and she realized that she had never told him herself. It was in that single moment that she fully realized how messed ip this situation of hers was. Here she was - sitting next to Albus, a wonderful boy that she has always had a sorta crush on. But watching from inside of her own body there was his brothers baby. Two completely wonderful boy. Two people she didn't deserve. And then there was Elijah. She might be worth him - the five timing creep. Jamie almost laughed out loud. She was no better. 

As the two of them sat there Jamie realized that it probably hadn't been the smartest move to avoid Albus. She remembered their brief friendship. They had had chemistry. Too much chemistry. But even not talking to him for so long she still counted him with her best friends. Jamie remembered when she used to have more friends than she could count. Now her friends were limited to basically.. Sophia. And Elijah if you counted him. Jamie suddenly felt determined to make Albus her friend again. "You know, we should do something next Hogsmede weekend and catch up". It wasn't really asking him out if they were just friends.
Clementine Lovegood

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Severus Potter Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:52 am

Frankly, Albus thought it was extremely weird that James was having a child. Not only weird, but irresponsible. He was definitely not fit to be a father James... It wasn't that his heart wasn't in the right place, James was just not the most serious and responsible guy you could meet. He didn't care about stuff and usually just wanted to have fun. In the process he could screw many things up and would regret what he did later.

Albus didn't bother saying it had only been a long time because she had avoided him so well and for such a long time. Why she had done it, well that was a complete mystery to him. But, being analytical as he was, he could tell something was wrong with Jamie. Not only had she been avoiding him of late, she had been avoiding James too. As far as Al knew they hadn't seen each other all Summer, which was definitely quite odd.

Albus recalled that they had certainly gotten along quite well when they had first met. In fact, he had been a attracted to her too, though she was obviously off limits as she was his brothers girlfriend. "Thats a good idea, we haven't talked for several months after all," he agreed. "Though first, why have you been avoiding me? And for that matter, James as well?"

Abruptly, Albus realized he was in Charms class, he had almost completely forgot that fact. Gabrielle apparently hadn't noticed yet that they were talking, perhaps because they were talking so quietly, but Albus still didn't want her to overhear, so he took out his wand and muttered "Muffliato" to make sure she wouldn't hear them talking.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementine Lovegood Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:06 pm

When Albus put muffiato on the two of them Jamie knew he wanted an explaination instantly. "Well" said said quietly, glancing away, "I was scared." She glanced up at James before looking down on again. Her face was burning red with shame. He had gone through so many emotions but becides that difficult stretch in the beggining Jamie thought she had handled everything well. She had held herself together. Too well. In the process she had cut everyone off, just to keep herself.

"Really, really, scared." Jamie said swallowing hard. "James was really supportive and I knew he would do anything for the baby." she looked over at Albus to make a breif eye contact. "But my body wouldn't let me have that security. I felt like I needed to be strong. And then you just made everything more complicated. And it was just.. easier.. to avoid you. And then when I discovered how easy it felt.. James just fell into place. My life went on." she shrugged. "I became a lone bird. And I WAS lonely. Just refused to admit it. If I told myself I was happy enough times I would end up being so." She manadged a sad smile. "But I can't lie anymore"
Clementine Lovegood

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabrielle Delacour Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:00 pm

Gabrielle turned her attention towards Jackquelline who she didn't hear today. "Nice and simple Miss Dyllain. 5 points for Gryffindor anyway." she said not wishing to say anything else to her. "And another 5 points for Rawenclaw yes." she said as she looked towards the two students that just came into the classroom.

They started talking like it wasn't bad enough they were late. "You're late and you're still talking Mr. Potter and Miss Prophet. 10 points from Rawenclaw and Slytherin. And everyone gather here in front of your desks. You two especially if you don't want detention aswell.." she said calling students to approach a wide space in front of their desks that was still empty.

Barrels appeared all over the classroom enough for each and every student. "Now what is it your task today? Make water fill these barrels then turn itto ice. However since we are learning Non-verbal spells this year you will have to do it without saying anything. This test might appear on your NEWTs so i wouldn't joke if i were you. And this is a preparation for the next class. So you may get started anless you have some questions." she said standing there as she set her clock up. "You have excatly 45 minutes." she said moving aside to make the space.
Gabrielle Delacour
Gabrielle Delacour
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 104
Special Abilities : Apparation, Non-Verbal Magic, Legilimency, Occlumency, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top