Dark Arts Class One: Beginner Level - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Dark Arts Class One: Beginner Level - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Dark Arts Class One: Beginner Level

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dark Arts Class One: Beginner Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Dark Arts Class One: Beginner Level

Post by Aurora Nye Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Aurora wanted to cry. She couldnt believe that her incontrolable emotions got a hold of her and made her class mad. She didnt know what to do. She couldnt hide cause that would make it worse. Her parents said that it would be hard to learn not to go insane and she felt as thought she would go insane if she didnt get out of there. What was wrong with her and why couldnt she just leave and stop causing trouble?
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Dark Arts Class One: Beginner Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Dark Arts Class One: Beginner Level

Post by Sandra Archer Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:57 pm

"Well. Hm," Sandra said, smiling slightly at Aurora's newest outbreak. "Add a page for failing to keep control of your pathetic adolescent mood swings," she said nonchalantly, sitting down on her desk and pulling out a few papers. "This, in case you haven't noticed, is your first lesson in the Dark Arts. My name is Professor Archer. You will address me as such, or I will throw you out a window."

"As our resident drama queen here has demonstrated, emotion is your worst energy in my class. I will not tolerate it. Magic is fueled by emotion, and the magic I will be teaching you here is already volatile enough without your little hissy fits messing them up. Do I make myself clear?"

In the back of the room, Keith swallowed audibly.

"You are young. You are stupid. I know, and by extension, accept this. But if you are to perform in my class, you must control yourself. Aurora, obviously, cannot, and will no doubt fail this class by the first grading period."

She walked to the front of the class, gazing around the class before her eyes fell on Samantha Burns. She smiled despite herself. Perfect.

"Emotions cause you to lose control. And when you're handling forces of this magnitude, that cannot be allowed to happen." Sandra turned to Samantha and arched an eyebrow. "Of course, Samantha here knows everything about out of control dark wizards. She was stupid enough to marry one, weren't you darling?"
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:02 pm

Aurora waited. Her brother was late. He had planned to come here so that way she wasnt harmed in any way. Finally, A knock came on the door and her brother entered. "May I observe your class?" He asked the teacher."I am learning to teach so maybe one day I could be a Dark arts teacher." He smiled broadly as he was pretty hopeful for an answer
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:44 am

Abbey knew she was late. And what better day to get to know your new teacher than show up to the first day of class late? She cursed under her breath as she continued pushing past people in the hallway. Not sure what else to do, Abbey opened the door quietly to the classroom.

She blushed as she realized just how late she actually was. Abbey looked around for her teacher, not sure who it was since Dark Arts was a new subject at Hogwarts. "Umm, I'm sorry Professor Archer for being tardy." Abbey said quietly. She directed the statement to anyone in the room.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:53 am

Sammy couldn't believe that the professor had just announced to the class that she had been married to a dark wizard. But she wasn't going to lose control or yell at her. She didn't care it was in the papers. Everyone knew about it. But Sammy was in luck, a girl had just walked in as the professor was starting to pick on her. Of course if that didn't stop her from turning back around and continuing to pick on her then she was just going to have to do what she did when she was being tortured by DE's. Close her eyes, and block the world out as best as possible. She was not going to let her evil side come out, not here, not ever.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandra Archer Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:56 am

Sandra had just finished her initial spiel when a young man walked into the room and began asking questions. "May I observe your class? I am learning to teach so maybe one day I could be a Dark arts teacher."

Sandra arched an eyebrow. She hadn't been informed of any...teachers in training attending her class today. Something was wrong. If Doyle had forgotten to mention it she would crucifix him...but no, that wasn't like Doyle. Definitely something wrong.

Normally, Sandra was not one to take risks. But the boy hardly seemed to be a risk, and if he had gotten into Hogwarts she doubted he was hostile. She would keep one eye on him, and if he moved funny, kill him. She hoped he moved funny. She had been getting antsy.

"Sit in the back fo the class," she said dismissively. "If you disrupt my class, I'll have you thrown out. If you speak at all, I'll have you thrown out. If you make a move for your wand, I'll hang your head outside my door as a warning. Am I clear? Good."

And now another interruption. But this one was in the form of a fiery haired student. "Yes...Ms...Dawn. Sit. You are late. I do not give warnings, but I feel it is only fair you know that you have a four page essay on the importance of discipline due by next class period." She waved a hand absently, returning to her place at the front of the class.

Back to the main event...

The little Burns girl seemed to be having some sort of fit. She had her eyes shut and seemed to be doing her best to block out the world around her. Sandra smiled. Classic reaction to torture. Just what had Ne'os done to her?

"Eyes open in my class, Ms Burns," Sandra said, very softly. "We wouldn't want to miss the lesson now would we?"
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:37 pm

Odette stormed into the Dark Arts classroom like the wind as it was obvious she was really really late. Professor she saw wasn't anyone she knew so she decided to be careful of what she was saying. "Sorry i'm late Professor i lost the count of time." she said as she took a seat in the front hoping that would put Professor in a positive mood. How did i get here anyway.. she thought for herself as she took out all her books and her wand.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:40 am

Sammy knew that Mrs. Archer wouldn't let her make the world go away, which only confirmed her thoughts about DE's in the school. She was going to have to do something to make it right at school again. She wasn't going to let her kids come to this school if it was still like this. Sammy's anger level was getting dangerously high. But she was able to calm down enough to open her eyes without getting in trouble. When she opened her eyes a pinch of red was in them, but it went away before the students could see. Sammy just wasn't sure if Mrs. Archer had seen it. If so then she was going to have to find a different way of calming her anger down. Then after class she would have to call Sophia and let her know everything that was going on in school.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:35 am

Abbey cursed her luck and sat down at a random desk, not caring if she could see or not. She couldn't believe her unfortunate luck. A four page essay. Really! Abbey wondered if she should just not do it, but that seemed foolish considering how serious Professor Archer had taken her punishment. She sighed and simply added it to the list of things she needed to get done. Hopefully this essay would be at the top.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Ravenquist-Marino Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:59 am

Dominic sat at his desk, groaning. Why was this Aurora girl making the teacher angry at the students enough to assign extra homework? He got to work on the essay early, during the class. He wasn't paying attention to the teacher, who was clearly off her rocker punishing the whole class for the work of one student. No other teachers did that, not that he remembered. He started to grit his teeth, balling up a piece of parchment as he did. He pulled his arm back and aimed for Aurora's head. That girl was starting to get on his nerves more than flies on rotten fruit. She was making the entire class hell, and making the teacher assign homework. He stopped himself mid-aim. Did he really want to do that? Did he really want to trigger the insane teacher more? He decided against it.
Dominic Ravenquist-Marino
Dominic Ravenquist-Marino

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top