Dark Arts Class One: Beginner Level - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Dark Arts Class One: Beginner Level - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Dark Arts Class One: Beginner Level

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dark Arts Class One: Beginner Level - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Arts Class One: Beginner Level

Post by Lucy Weasley Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:36 am

Lucy snickered behind her hand. The first year was quite entertaining, but Lucy thought she should at least try to prevent any corporal punishment being handed out.

"I agree with, um, her," she said, pointing to Cassie. "But I don't think just a smack will fix it. She obviously wants attention, so punishing her like that will just make her worse. I think we should put her in the naughty corner and ignore her shenanigans."
Lucy Weasley
Lucy Weasley
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Dark Arts Class One: Beginner Level - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Arts Class One: Beginner Level

Post by Aurora Nye Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:44 am

Aurora looked at the teacher darkly. After a moment she spoke up to everyone. "You all dont get this. She can do what she wants and I will just tell my God parents that she didnt care about my problems. This isnt going to be hard on you all because you arent living it. You all can tell her to smack me kill me hurt me I really dont care. As soon as my god parents figured out that I was hurt or something by a teacher, I wont be allowed to come here." She didnt care what they said. She reconised sammy but that was the only person she knew. She looked back at the teacher darker than ever.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandra Archer Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:45 pm

"Yes, yes, all good suggestions..." Sandra mused, watching Aurora closely. She didn't seem to care, to be quite honest. Ah, but everyone had something they cared about. All she had to do was find it. She was a second year, wasn't she? Too young to be dead to the world...it made things much more complicated. But she was already messed up in the head, all she needed was a little push.

"You all dont get this. She can do what she wants and I will just tell my God parents that she didnt care about my problems. This isnt going to be hard on you all because you arent living it. You all can tell her to smack me kill me hurt me I really dont care. As soon as my god parents figured out that I was hurt or something by a teacher, I wont be allowed to come here."

Sandra rolled her eyes. "Yes, yes, yes, we've heard that before," she said, waving her wand around aimlessly. "Nobody understands me! My life is so horrible and dark and desperate! Oh shut up," She said. "Because frankly? I don't care what you think, and my opinion is the only one that matters. Now. As you've so aptly told us, the more usual tricks won't work in your case...so, 20 points from Gryffindor...and Slytherin. And Hufflepuff. And Ravenclaw."

"What?!" Keith protested from the back of the class.

"Yes, Mr....Nicholas," Sandra said, looking down at a sheet of paper on her desk. "20 points from all houses. And I want a two page essay on the importance of discipline by next class period. On top of the homework I already had planned."

Keith paled.
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Aurora smirked in a mocking way. "Is that all you got? Why not make it 3 or maybe four? I am surprised you call yourself a teacher if you dont complicate things." Aurora was really pushing it at the moment. She had no clue what she was doing. Its almost as if she is asleep but she isnt. Later that day she would have no clue why she got in trouble or anything. She didnt care how much homework this teacher gave her. She hoped her god parents would make her leave soon anyways.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Weasley Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:35 pm

Being in this class was like watching a muggle magician. Lucy was aware of their antics, since her uncle's shop carried an entire Magical Muggles range, based on the idea.

From what she could gather, if you were a muggle, the whole point of magic was to figure out how you were being tricked. That's what it was like in Professor Archer's class. You had to figure out the trick, and Lucy congratulated herself on doing so. Obviously, there was more to dark arts than just cursing everyone you met.

She was silently watching her classmates, when Aurora decided to speak up yet again. The more the girl spoke, the more sympathy she had for the professor.

"Be quiet, Aurora, unless you want the whole castle ticked off at you."
Lucy Weasley
Lucy Weasley
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Aurora looked at the girl with fire in her eyes. "Do not tell me what to do little girl." She said to this person. She was really ticked off at the moment. She looked as thought she was going to just explode and attack the next person to do something that could make her mad. So at the moment making her mad would be as bad as going up to a dragon with nothing but a feather and trying to kill it.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Weasley Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:12 pm

Lucy shrugged. It made no difference to her what Aurora did, except that she'd hoped to actually learn something in this class.

"I've merely induced that every time you do something wrong, Professor Archer will deduct points from all our houses, so if you continue the way you have been, everyone in the school will resent you," she said.

"I would also prefer to actually get on with the lesson," she added. "I've been looking forward to this subject all holidays."

((Aurora, your character is also defying the classroom rules; you have to treat the teacher as a teacher. If you want to have an argument with Sandra, I'm sure she'd be happy to give your character a detention, but I would like to get past this and continue the lesson.))
Lucy Weasley
Lucy Weasley
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandra Archer Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:14 pm

"Very well then!" Sandra said, smiling and walking back to the blackboard. "Three pages! Four, even! For the entire class! Perhaps, Aurora, you would enjoy adding to their workload a little more? I'm sure you appreciate it, don't you class!" She turned back to the class, sweeping her arms in an extravagant gesture.

Keith couldn't take it anymore. Shooting to his feet, he began whispering madly in Aurora's general direction - a whisper, of course, so loud everyone could hear it. "Aurora, shut up! I don't know about you, but some of us have things to do outside of this class! Sports, friends, I don't know, a life?!"
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Aurora shook her head and snapped out of it. "Oh no.. No No No..." Aurora started to bang her head on the desk. she didnt mean to do any of this. She wanted to just leave. She couldnt believe that she had done this sooo soo soo much. It sucks so much that she is going to end up being the most hated person in the whole intire school. After what happened just then no one would ever want to talk to her again.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:37 am

Sammy the hold time was hoping that no drama would happen in class. But of course that was predictable, being around younger kids. But as it got worse and worse for Aurora. She started feeling more and more sad for her. But as she remembered from the forest saving, Aurora didn't like when people tried to help her. But as Sammy watched Aurora she could start to tell that something was wrong. Like Aurora wasn't in control of herself. Of course the Professor wasn't acting the way that a good Professor should. Which just made Sammy more and more sure that she was a DE. Sammy got up, then kneeled down beside Aurora. "I'm sorry that this is happening to you. I have no idea what you are going through, but I want to be your friend and help you. I will be there for you no matter what you need or how long you need a friend. I promise. Meet me after school and we can talk more." Sammy stood back up, then sat back down in her chair.

All the yelling from the Professor and the other kids, was starting to get to Sammy. Her evil side was starting to over whelm her again. Her eyes started flicking back and forth between red and normal. She hated this, she took a couple deep breaths, closed her eyes, then became calmer. She looked back up at the board and waited for the actual teaching to happen. No matter what happened next in this class or maybe for the rest of the class year, she would probably be paying for her kindness to Aurora.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top