Complaints and Suggestions - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Complaints and Suggestions - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Complaints and Suggestions

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Complaints and Suggestions - Page 2 Empty Re: Complaints and Suggestions

Post by Elizabeth Krum Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:55 am

I believe you should stop talking in here before we all get in huge big fight with you. I am asking you nicely, just let go and let the admins talk about this complain.
Elizabeth Krum
Elizabeth Krum
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4133

http://thetwistintime.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:58 am

Common courtesy is self control. Anyone who knows me knows I am not passive. You dont need to make every situation a fight. Pick your battles. And show some respect. They were stating their opinions, which they are sallowed to do. They should not be called names because of it. And do not deny that is what you were doing.

Elizabeth, good point. I've had my say. I'm done here. This was meant for the admins, and I'll respectively withdraw so they can see this and respond.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Elizabeth Krum Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:18 am

..... Just shut damn your mouth if I hear another word calling us brats.

I know I may be out of the line by saying that but we do have a rule here to respect all members.
Elizabeth Krum
Elizabeth Krum
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4133

http://thetwistintime.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:52 am

Oh God.....

Look guys. We just went through an update. There will be confusion. And stuff. The admins obviously decided to try and re-tool the abilities system, and it caused some problems. Absolutely no reason to fly into a hissy fit (and I'm looking at everyone here when I say that)

Just take a deep breath, and try to figure out how to get your important abilities back. If they are really that vital to your plot I can't see the admins turning you down. Maybe we should give the admins a few days to explain before we start complaining about the changes?

And yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion...but that doesn't mean we have to be angry at each other. Agree to disagree, and leave it alone.
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:02 am

I'm just going to add that for an argument to stop, someone needs to just sit and take it without a retaliation.......

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:23 pm

Thank you everyone for expressing your opinions towards this matter. I understand that it may have sounded childish to some people, but I was simply doing this in concern for new members. I'd like to point out that I have never used the abilities section, so I am not doing this for my own personal gain. I'm just unhappy with how the site is being run these days. And I am not the only one obviously.

Thank you all for your input, but I'd like this to just be put to the admins now.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:52 pm

Thank you for your maturity in the matter Jess
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:55 am

Mmk, i think i'll just go through this an pick it out comment by comment

*Goes to first page*

Chase

I think you were quite civilised about this and you do have every right to ask the question, you weren't attacking, much, you were just asking a question, which was fine, i'll answer the question now for you.

The sickles system clearly wasn't working, when was the last time you payed for anything with sickles? I know i never have, because the opportunity to do so very rarely comes up, which was part of our reasoning for wanting to do something as a reward. We had been tossing about the idea of this for awhile nothing terribly formal, but some of us suggested it, but we decided just bring in more.

The way we will be awarding abilities is through surveying things. If you've been following the rules, have good quality posts, are actively participating in plots, and are just generally active, we'll be awarding abilities to you. It also comes down to OOC stuff too, if you're good with new members we'll award things to you, if you're mean to people we wont. It's as simple as that, i think you get the gist of what i'm saying, if not, please ask again and i'll respecify.

Personal houses on the other hand, you will be able to share sickles between your characters, so you don't have to worry about that, sickles are more of an OOC thing than a charrie thing. They're given out for posts right? Your charrie doesn't make posts, you do, the most posts you make, the more sickles you get collectively. If you don't post much, you wont be able to afford things. I know that'll leave new members at a disadvantage, but it'll encourage them to get into it and get started as fast as possible, besides, you don't need a nice house to make quality posts, do you?

Ok, with the post count. There was a topic held where someone asked if the word count was unnecessary, 75% of people who actually voted said they agreed with the word count. I saw a massive argument in the cbox recently where Eli said that it wasn't fair to people who chose to write long posts that some people didn't do teh long posts, you choose to write one, that's your choice >>
But that's beside the point.
Do want to know why i don't look through all your topics to check for the word counts, or why i don't RP with you all the time?
On Mondays, and wednesdays i'm home for two hours after school.
Fridays i Go straight from school to work, then go online after that.
Most saturdays and Sundays i'm busy, but whenever i'm not, i come online.
Now, when i get home, and have time, it's about 4.30, i get straight onto PA and respond to the 10+ PMs i get from members complaining about this or that, or asking to do this or that. Reading them, replying to them, and doing the things they ask me to do often takes an hour of my time.
Then i go to the admin centre and reply to any topics there, often there's alot to reply to and that can take up to 30 mins.
I then read through the whole welcome category, replying to what needs replying, and reading what needs reading. That can take upwards of 3 mins.

On Mondays and Wednesdays, that's as far as i get, because i have to go to pipes.

I then try and do some of the odd jobs i've thought up to try and fix the site, again that can take a good while.

After that i try and reply to the few RP topics i can manage, because i'm eternally busy with your little jobs, that's why i don't go into many, because i don't wanna annoy you.

Finally, that's why i don't have time to look through every topic and help people who have to meet a stupid rule people like Eli seem to see as the christ's second coming. If you want this sort of rule, maybe you can give us a hand and keep an eye out for posts not meeting it, you want the rules, you can help them, or else i'll get rid of them, and we can be filled with one-liners again. Is that what you want?

So, apparently you're all complaining that you feel left out of the decision process, but i ask. What is this forum for? Do we not have forums solely for you to make topics, like this one, to put your input? Why should we, the admins, have to make you tell us what the problems are? If you have a problem, get into this forum, make a topic and tell us, it INFURIATES ME that you decide to write a massive complaining post, instead of just keeping us updated all the time, i don't see how this is our fault, when you have a forum RIGHT HERE to post in.

You say we Purposefully try to separate ourselves from the members, i say a few not so nice things about you all, which i wont mention. We try to separate ourselves? And yet here you are complaining about having to help other people with their word counts, what does that say about all of you? Do you even understand what we do? Maybe you can put some thought into your little complaint topics before throwing about hurtful, rude comments like that. I'm just about in tears over this, and i don't cry easily, nor do i admit it often. I care about this site so much, then you say something like that. So yeah, i do say screw you, but there's your reason behind "Showing my maturity" Jack.

Eli

We're imbeciles? I seem to remember you were an admin at one point, but you either couldn't be bothered, or weren't good enough or something, but here you are calling us imbeciles. Maybe if you'd decided to put half the effort into this site as we do, then i might see your point in this, but as far as i'm concerned, you can't be bothered to help, and then you criticise us, thanks. I thought we were friends...

In response to the rest of your criticisms.

Our pathetic excuse of regulation? Ok. What abilities did you have eli? Were you one of the students with Occlumency or legilimens? Because i don't remember ever hearing of a student who mastered either of them. Actually, i can't think of anyone but Dumbledore Snape or Voldemort knowing them. Doesn't that say something about the state we were in? Wandless magic. It very, very rarely exists, and is SO difficult to be mastered, did you see Dumbledore do wandless magic when he was cornered on the astronomy tower? No, but we still had people who had it, again, it says something about the problems we had.

Yes, there are glitches, instead of hurling abuse at us you could've just said "What about inherited abilities." Yes, they will be different. However, because of said abuse, i want to see how you had a relation to salazar. You can PM that to me if you want.

Again, i said this to another admin so don't just say that it's because you're a member. If your plot revolves around the more choice related abilities (I.e. the ones that you can turn on and off), you're doing something wrong, they're abilities, not things to base your character around.

Again, we've made our choice, you can use sickles to buy actual items, not to give yourself sudden knowledge. Some methods for earning these abilities will be through classes, many of the learned ones will be taught by admins, or selected members, once again you could've just asked, but you chose to attack, so i've responded in kind.

Marlowe

Thanks Selwyn, i like you, nice to see someone who has a small shred of common sense.

These things are not rights, they are privelleges, if you want i can bring back the realism rules and limit the ammount of things students want, but i wont, because i think that that aspect of the system, the "What who can have" bit is working quite well.

And yes, it will apply to everyone, the admins wont be able to give the power to themselves, only if another admin deems it fit, it'll be the same system that you all experience... so no, it's not unfair to you, it's the same for everyone.

Again, well put Selwyn.

And yes, there are things that you may not have until you grow older. if you have a heart condition in your family, does that mean at 5 you could have a heart attack? Maybe, but in most cases, no.

And again, well put

Jack

I don't think it was that offensive, and i think he had cause to say it. I also don't think it's your place to tell anyone what their place is...

That's a new view of it... no one's trying to punish anyone, we're just trying to give members something to aim for, i don't think we had much in the way of rewards... This was the idea we had, sorry if you don't like it, maybe you can pull your thumb out and send us one then >>

Elizabeth

Exactly, he can say whatever he likes, that's his view, and you did say that people can say whatever they like... Also, you didn't pull eli up what he said, thanks for that... but you do have a point, no one should be being mean to anyone. Two wrongs don't make a right, etc. thanks for pulling me into line bit.

Jack (Again)

At least he's honest... i'd prefer someone be honest than kind, because if you're bullsh*tting someone you're not being very nice, or having good manners...

Chase

Again, you did start out trying to be diplomatic, i can see that, but it did offend me, then others took it too far...

I believe i have answered the questions you asked, if you have any more questions though, do feel free to ask.

Elizabeth

People can complain, people can call others imbeciles, tell people that they don't care about members, and that they try and separate themselves from members, but can't call each other spoiled brats.

try and be more fair, or survey a complete situation before telling others off...

Selywn

Again, well put, if you want someone to know what you're feeling, tell them don't bottle it up like you have in this topic...

I have seen a few little questionable actions from Mari, but i have asked her to cease them, and i'll keep an eye on it, but if you have any problems, i have always said you can post here, or send any of us a PM...

Keith

Keith... atm i <3 you, thank you very much

Maybe you could have given us time before jumping at our throats everyone, maybe this would be a nicer reply if you had...

And Chase again

I know that you were just trying to help out, but again tell us in topics like this that aren't so attacking, i don't like it, i don't think anyone else likes it, and it's left a lot of people hurt and upset. I get the feeling this isn't so much about this particular section, because you said "these days" and this was a rule that came in only during the update. So what else is it?

All in all, i'm really upset, you all say you're really upset, how do you think i feel after reading all of this... you should all take a good look at yourselves and think about what you say to your volunteer admin team before you decide to let your fingers loose.

And again, because i had to reply to this it is now an hour and half before i have to go, so i wont get what i had to get done today done. So when you see i haven't posted much today, think about that >>
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:45 pm

Don't act immature guys, and don't go off topic like this. If you want to have a go at each other, use PM's, but don't clutter the topics with nonsense guys.

I think we should have a vote about what to do with the magical abilities section, because that has been a problem for a long time now. However, something has to be done about that section. Every other person was a metamorphagus, more than half the graduates knew wandless magic or flying. In HP, of the thousands of wizards, only Snape, Dumbledore and Voldemort knew any of those. We were being far too lenient about abilities for some time now.

On the other hand, if an ability was central to your plot and character, you could always PM the admins to get it back.

As for the change in personal houses, I agree completely that it is far-fetched. Still, that section too was becoming unrealistic, with half the characters owning mansions, and ALL the purebloods owning one. Still, I can understand why your all pissed about that, so I'll change that forum ASAP.
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top