Out for a Walk (Miseria + Open+ Demons) - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Out for a Walk (Miseria + Open+ Demons) - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Out for a Walk (Miseria + Open+ Demons)

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Out for a Walk (Miseria + Open+ Demons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Out for a Walk (Miseria + Open+ Demons)

Post by James Wake Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:07 am

While James had jumped to avoid the chair, he managed halt the table's path with his alchemic arm. With the table as his shield, he ducked beneath the demon's wild kick, and set about with his plan. He had a number of ideas, the first involving a transmutation of sorts. He quickly discarded such an atrocious thought. He instead reviewed his information as the Demon advanced on Miseria. In all truthfullness, James had thought that Miseria would put up a fight. A dying raven fell on him as James considered his plans. Then it struck him... where was the sun?

It was not the first time a seditious, cruel smile formed on the lips of James Wake. But it was the first time he was in control of it.

"I doubt you have valid reason to kill either of us," James said, in cold response to the Demon's deal. Two fireballs were erupting about him, and the demon had been on a rampage. Another, blood red one had appeared. But compared to Alan... their appearances were not as shocking. Then, the other demons, Balrog, began doing something James did not mind in the least.

He began to be a distraction.

Perfect.

James whipped out his wand, and, before any more attacks could emerge, Pointed it at the wrist of his Alchemic arm. He uttered two words in the magical tongue, two words which, when strung together, formed the most immoral of all spells.
Avada Kadavra
What occured next could have surprised even the demons. That was what James hoped. Moans begun to pierce the air. Faces began to shimmer in and out from his arm, the cocophony of their deaths ringing through the air. James was now familiar with the energy he felt, but even then, having that much exhilerated him. He could easily take on the demons now...
No. No, now was the time to spend that energy of death wisely. James aimed his arm to the sky, allowing it transform at its whim. Finally, a great arc of green light emitted from the arm, piercing the Demon's shield of dying ravens. Such beautiful birds... to be wasted on such ugly creatures...
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Out for a Walk (Miseria + Open+ Demons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Out for a Walk (Miseria + Open+ Demons)

Post by Miseria Lupin Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:43 am

Miseria didn't even have the time to react or take her wand out and protect herself. The demon had already grabbed her, and pulled her off the ground almost like she was just a little puppet doll. Or actually she was for him right now. When the grip got stronger, she gave her best and tryed to push his hand away, though, it was useless try. Yet, the grip around her neck was getting stronger, and she was already suffokating.

Suddenly there appeared other bloody red demon. She scowled at him, yet she saw a little chance to save herself. Or make her death come faster. Whatever, she just had to get away from him. She felt already how her lungs were breaking. She Has to breathe! Quickly, she looked around as much as she was able to move her head, she saw a broken chair, not far away from them. Please work! she begged herself. The chair was moving and at the same time she was still trying to pull his hand away from her throat. Finally – chair was up in the air, she thanked god that it wasn't as heavy as it looked, she aimed with it at Hashmisin's face. Making the chair move faster in the air, it kicked the demon's face. In her concentration, she already felt dizzy. She could even hear the blood rushing trough her veins.
And then she gave one last kick with the chair, trying to get it in the demons eye before she really loses her all strenght. She could already see some strange, white spots infront of her eyes.

OOC: Those who didn't get how she kicked the demon with the chair, she's telekensis.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:31 am

They were bloodhounds, idiots wanting only destruction and chaos. Even if the initial orders from the top were idiotic, those two were even more idiotic disobeying all of them. ''Stop it, you idiots!'', his loud voice screeched through the streets. And then he appeared, from the infernal flames that were under his control, calmly and coldly. He was wearing his red robe, making only his blue eyes visible and, despite that, he was obviously displeased. As a Demon General he needed, despite his disagreement with the plan, to secure it and make sure everything went according to plan.

He looked at the two children, scanning them from head to tail. ''The girl... strong and secure, mischievous and exceptionally bold, but when it comes to emotions and those you hold dear, you're weak and fragile as a drop of water'', he explained, conjuring a drop of water and dropping it on the ground. His specialty was the analysis of his enemies, weakening them psychologically, playing with their minds. He was not a mind reader, such foolishness did not even exist in their world, but he was an analyst without match. ''The boy... a protégé of the powerful, slick, intelligent and overly self-confident and will do almost everything to achieve his goal, even play someone else... someone he is not... but that is also his main weakness... too confident and never knowing when to cease a battle... always trying to win, even that which cannot be won'', he explained, turning to the others.

''Balrog, you have about 60 seconds to disappear in any way you can... if not, I am going to help you... and Hashmisin you have somehow forgotten what we have to do... do you honestly think you will be able to keep your authority if you keep acting like the gorilla you truly are? You two, children, I would advise you to disappear from here... and I would advise you to listen to my advice'', he said, calmly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:05 pm

"Foolhardy confidence is but a two-sided blade. On one side, it gives one the courage to stand up and face the enemy. On the other hand, it blinds you to the danger you approach. I keep a wary analysis of my strengths and weaknesses. You know what I see? A demon with the ability to read his opponents. Worming your way into our skin... but ready to kill. But should echo your advice. Leave us before I completely your necessary shroud of darkness." It was nice to know that he could still fool someone into thinking he was protege. No, he was no protege. He was just a well-trained boy. Built to kill, but forced to act as a gallant young defender of the peace. Had James been allowed to do as he pleased, he would be off to a corner to watch the demons do as they pleased. But no, he was forced to think on his feet, and act as he could best act. The sunlight was beginning pour trough the hole. It would only be a matter of time before the demons would request their shield to thin out.

And this was all for appearances' sake. Damn that Alan.
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:52 pm

Turning to James, Ze'ev laughed. This ironic laugh was a sign of pleasure, facing someone like James Wake was pretty common, but still, always amusing. ''You young naive fool... you may think you are not a protégé, but then you are a complete idiot. Those who have created you, the same ones that gave you that alchemical arm, which I could destroy in a matter of moments, taught you how to be independent, they have managed to assure you that you are not their protégé, but you are... you helpless, overconfident fool... without them, despite your idiotic idea that your magic could do any harm to me, a Demon General, you are powerless... weak, able to face and withstand battles only with your peers and some that are a little above that level... facing real magic is a mystery to you, but that is... they did not want their protégé to get hurt in the beginning, and you would not withstand anything similar to real magic...'', he explained. ''There is also another thing you are wrong about... well, let us make it two. I am not a murderer my young lad... you see what a blind and deaf idiot could see, but that is all you see, you do not see under this red cloak... and that was always your problem, you judge by the first impression... you are not wrong, but you are also not correct. I am merely a tactician and an analyst... fight is the last resort I chose, unlike the morons behind me... I have no pleasure in killing, but that, somehow, does not make me much better than the others? Do you know why? And the second thing you are wrong about is yourself... a very high opinion of yourself you have... and that will, eventually lead to your demise... you think you are right, you have to be right... your opinion, your evaluation it just has to be correct and so do your abilities... they are always the best and you will never admit your weakness unless you are destroyed immediately or faced with an opponent whose ego and skills are even bigger than yours... you are weak, James Wake, you have to change... that moronic confidence and your mask of strength underneath which lies an empty armor of doubt and weakness... it has to come off one day... and it will... the sooner it comes off the better... for you'', he explained once again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:21 pm

"You say this as if you know me. I would listen to my own advice if I were you. While you may have learned much from my demeanor, from watching me. What makes our forms of observation so very different? You have not attempted to read my mind- my defenses are adequate enough to tell me when you've breeched them- and your presence has been relatively unfamiliar. Do you expect me to believe that you know everything about me?" James had little clue as to what this demon was referring to. Whatever doubt that James had left was the skeptical form of self-doubt. It forced him to ask himself "What am I NOT doing?" or "Is that all there is to it?" James was never one to presumptuously judge. He only did so out of necessity, when it seemed apt to take those assumptions and run on them until he had something else. James knew nothing of Demons, but that didn't mean he wasn't willing to learn.
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Ze'ev wrote:They were bloodhounds, idiots wanting only destruction and chaos. Even if the initial orders from the top were idiotic, those two were even more idiotic disobeying all of them. ''Stop it, you idiots!'', his loud voice screeched through the streets. And then he appeared, from the infernal flames that were under his control, calmly and coldly. He was wearing his red robe, making only his blue eyes visible and, despite that, he was obviously displeased. As a Demon General he needed, despite his disagreement with the plan, to secure it and make sure everything went according to plan.

He looked at the two children, scanning them from head to tail. ''The girl... strong and secure, mischievous and exceptionally bold, but when it comes to emotions and those you hold dear, you're weak and fragile as a drop of water'', he explained, conjuring a drop of water and dropping it on the ground. His specialty was the analysis of his enemies, weakening them psychologically, playing with their minds. He was not a mind reader, such foolishness did not even exist in their world, but he was an analyst without match. ''The boy... a protégé of the powerful, slick, intelligent and overly self-confident and will do almost everything to achieve his goal, even play someone else... someone he is not... but that is also his main weakness... too confident and never knowing when to cease a battle... always trying to win, even that which cannot be won'', he explained, turning to the others.

''Balrog, you have about 60 seconds to disappear in any way you can... if not, I am going to help you... and Hashmisin you have somehow forgotten what we have to do... do you honestly think you will be able to keep your authority if you keep acting like the gorilla you truly are? You two, children, I would advise you to disappear from here... and I would advise you to listen to my advice'', he said, calmly.

Balrog looked at his leader without any kind of respect though it would be rather unreasonable to defy him especially in front of humans. He dodged a killing curse that flew at him with one of his fireballs before he turned around. "I did not forget anything. However, if you want to leave witnesses it's your call i just came to see what Hem have done." he said with his usual deep voice before he dissappeared back into his lair.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:35 pm

Hashmisin snorted loudly once Ze'ev walked into the room. Gorilla? What the hell was that anyway? It sounded like some sort of insult, but rather decided to ignore the comment. He could've considered Ze'ev his 'friend' at points, considering they were both Generals on the same side. It was no matter, and frankly Ze'ev's point of view at the time seemed rather hastily judged. Hashmisin was not looking to kill the children, but rather just take them back to the portal, where they would be harshly interrogated until they decided to reveal everything about their race.

"Ze'ev," he growled, gripping the girl even harder than he was supposed to before "I was not trying to kill these mortals, but rather take them back to the Leader. It did request we bring pris-" but before Hashmisin could finish, he felt a chair hit him upside the face. Sure, it didn't hurt or anything like that, but rather just irritated him. Like a fly on the skin of a mortal. He growled again, releasing his grip on the girls throat, letting her drop to the ground. "You b*tch!" he swore at her, turning his blood red eyes back at her. Hashmisin always had a problem with his anger, and could never fully control yet, but Ze'ev was there. And even he knew that he was a kiss up. One thing wrong, and he would blab about it to the leader. The ass.

"Ze'ev!" he spoke "let's just get these mortals back to the leader, so that it may decide on what to do with these two...mortals!" He looked back down at the girl, wondering if he should just grab her and go. It would make things a lot easier though. "Okay how about this," he offered, turning his head towards his demon friend "you grab the girl, and I grab the boy. I could rather use a challenge." Now Hashmisin thought for a moment. There had always been a stereotype about big strong people that they were always idiots or morons. With Hashmisin, that wasn't the case....unless you got him mad. He would not underestimate the boy, seeing how his arm could have been a huge obstacle to overcome. And the girl...she obviously had the power of telekinesis. Something most demon grunts had.

This was sure to be a great fight...if the mortals chose it, of course.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:40 am

Girl scowled when she saw another demon appearing. They really have some serious issues with the witches and wizards. But when she heard the insult what came from the red caped demon, she looked back at the one who was still holding her throat. Her characteristics didn't impress her much. Yes, she knew that she was weak when it came to her close ones. But who wasn't? She had Something to lose.
When the grip got stronger, she didn't even try to push his hand away. It was no use, and after all, he was stronger than she. And suddenly the demon dropped her. She fell down on the ground, not even noticing the pain when she fell down on her knees and left arm which both started bleeding, but got quickly up, and backed up.

So called Hasmishin was looking now even more angry? She didn't hit him that hard, now did she? She touched her neck what was dark pink from the strong grip. Her bag was just infront of the demon. She must've dropped it when he grabbed her and pulled into the air. Taking few deep breaths, she finally was able to think properly. But instead of looking at the demons, she just had to look up where she heard strange noises. The raven clouds were breaking, and she saw the sunlight, not on the exact place where was this hole made by James, but it was light there.

Then she had to look away from the black birds, and turn her eyes at the red caped demon. By his words what he had told to the other two demons, it seemed that he didn't really want to take them to their lair.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:38 pm

''What makes us different? You indolent brat... I can crawl into you like a poison, destroy you from the inside and then let you finish yourself off... but that isn't my goal. I am not like these two idiots... I may be a Demon, but that does not mean I do not have brains... the difference between you and me is that I do know what I am talking about, you presume... and you will never be able to do anything more than that unless you crawl out of your little hole where the Big Ones are keeping you and proof of that is your confidence... no, I haven't read your mind, but even if I have, I have abilities that even your artificial defenses can't break... you wouldn't know a thing... that is where you fail... that is where your confidence fails... and even if you may think you doubt only those things which may seem irrelevant, you are wrong... you humans, you have to doubt, that is one of your crucial characteristics and even if you, a young boy, may thing you're doubtless... you're wrong and the sooner you face that, the sooner you face your weaknesses and handicaps, the better... you're not invincible, James Wake, you're not the best, you're not the strongest nor the most intelligent... and mark that to yourself'', he said. He then pointed his palm to Miseria. He levitated her over to James, putting her down, softly. ''You are one worth saving... and I like those of noble heart'', he said.

''You know, you bulk, repeating the word mortal won't change the fact that you're an idiot... we all know who they are, you do not have to repeat things as if they were a History lesson... but then again... you're the brawn of the team, right?'', he said, mockingly. ''These two are irrelevant... your ignorance of humans does not excuse your primitive behavior... you aren't doing anything except harassing the humans and you have still not manage to gather much data... this is my first appearance amongst them and I still know more than you do... what does that say to you, Hashmisin? I doubt that he will be pleased to hear about your methods... you two, you are free, but do mark this... if this gorilla gets one of his rage attacks, I shan't be able to do much for you... I am not the one to destroy your habitat for pure pleasure'', he finished.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum