Order of the Phoenix Meeting 12 - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Order of the Phoenix Meeting 12 - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Order of the Phoenix Meeting 12

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Order of the Phoenix Meeting 12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Order of the Phoenix Meeting 12

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:06 am

Daniel raised his hand, "Not really, but I do know that they've only been attacking around here or so. I suggest looking for an attack pattern of sorts if you have not already. What does the magic resemble? These are all things everybody here needs to know so they can figure it out." He put his hand down as soon as he finished speaking. The donut in his other hand was starting to melt chocolate frosting onto his fingers, so he popped the little bit into his mouth. He sighed, his impatience was killing him, and making him look like an arrogant ass. He did not like that he was this way, but he couldn't change.
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Number of posts : 413

Back to top Go down

Order of the Phoenix Meeting 12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Order of the Phoenix Meeting 12

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:53 pm

Matt looked at Jess...."I know what they are." he told Jess. "One attacked Sophia and a few of her friends. Then proceeded to try and kill me." he told them all, looking at Sophia. He sighed and looked at the ground, thinking it all over. If they didn't find anything more about these demons they were screwed. They have no weaknesses, and they're power is infinitely more powerful than even the most powerful wizard. "They're Demons, Jess." he said quietly. "And they're pretty damn powerful..."

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:41 am

At first, Mariana didn't know what to reply to this one. It was like she was searching for the right words though she was only trying to formulate a question in her head that would sound reasonable. "Yeah i've heard something about that. But then again everyone did anless they were living in a cave..." she said not having a clear point yet.

"Demons? That's a very serious statement. I thought wizzards and witches have killed them through the old history." she replied looking at Matt. Demon anywhere was a bad news. "So these ... demons ... do they have any particular targets or they simply attack randomly? Demons are not known for their good organization.." she asked not refering to anyone in particular; just someone who investigated this more carefully.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:57 am

"Wait, demons? Are they able to be sealed in things? If they can, we could weaken and seal them into breakable/destroyable objects. Then we destroy those objects to destroy them", Daniel suggested. He heard of this done in movies, but would it work? He hoped it worked, because then he'd be considered brilliant, or at least a little bit smart for suggesting it. Again, it was only movie logic, but at least he was trying to figure it all out. He smoothed out his robe once more, then relaxed again in his seat and sighed once more.
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:45 am

Sophia looked at Mari and shook her head. "No Mari, they attack many different type of people but more the powerful people and they killed them to claim territory of a place."said Sophia softly. "I did a bit of reading on them."muttered Sophia blushing slightly. "They also speak in like a hebrewish or latin language it sounds like."said Sophia softly. "Some demons can be consider as gods or or mythological beings, and some of them with different powers."said Sophia softly. "Ok.... I'll shut up now."said Sophia softly as she remained silent on the couch.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:51 am

Jess nodded at Daniel, he'd been fairly on the mark about one thing. "Yes, i've heard that they've only been attacking England, but i've heard tell of some strange things in Germany, weird weather patterns, that sort of thing, their Ministry has been investigating it, but i think the two of them could be related," he told them all sternly, deciding to address them one by one.

"Matt," he began, "I think that you may be fairly on the mark with that one, i used to go to church when i was a wee lad, they told stories, a lot of the ones i remember sound like this, they have the same characteristics, and they do the same things, but i want to make sure before we can figure out what we're gonna do." he said, "I'm glad to see that you got out ok though, they must've been having an off day, if they are... demons, you were lucky, very lucky," he said quietly.

"You're right, this is spreading fast," he said, turning to Mari, "But most things do nowadays, i'm surprised the Prophets not done something on it, but," he said, pausing and leaning in, speaking in a slightly more hushed tone, "I've heard tell that the prophet was attacked," he said, a serious, sad look on his face. "The death toll is rising, it's not a pretty picture," he said with a sigh.

"However, if they are demons, you're wrong," he told Mari with a sigh, "In one of the stories i heard, one of the more reliable ones, it was the opposite, they wiped us out, the human civilisation, it barely survived, we were lucky that a small underground resistance, had the sense to hide, in all reality we're all descended from them. That was centuries ago though, but not a lot seems to have changed," he told them, the lines on his face appearing, he was aging a lot faster now, magic seemed to do that sometimes...

"No," he said, returning again to Daniel, "the demons, or whatever they are, from what i've seen, are incredibly powerful, none of our magic seems to have worked on them, and they've done something... something i didn't think was possible," he said with another sigh. "I was involved in a fight with one, again, i got out, but not unscathed, he said, shuddering. "When we were fighting... they did something... took away the magic, i couldn't use it, couldn't fight them, their magic, their powers, it's gonna be too much," he told them, his face growing ever paler.

He then nodded at Soph, smiling for the first time that evening, "Not surprising, i suppose," he said in reference to the study, "That's the Soph i've always known," he said with a chuckle, "Yes, when we fought they spoke in... some other language, with a bit of English, but since then i've heard that they've picked up on our language, which is handy." He said, "at least we can speak to them, figure out what they mean, or want," he said with spite thick in his voice.

"Their powers are beyond all of us, but i think information will end as our best weapon, either that, or brute force, an... an alliance could be one of our best options, even if only for awhile, of course, we don't want our cover blown, so we'd need an effective story," he said slowly, "But it's just an idea, we should wait and see where this situation is going, and go from there, before we choose to do anything big," he told them
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:57 pm

"Aren't demons unholy beasts? Maybe, just maybe, they are weak to the powers of religious objects. That is, if years of watching exorcism movies hasn't steered me wrong.", Daniel said. He still smoothed out his robe, imagining a map in front of him. A map of Europe, then the entire world. Slowly, parts of it became red, in no particular order until the map was entirely red. This wasn't probably the order in which the demons would work, but then again it was a day-mare and not a vision. He had more day-mares, including the enslavement of the human race by the demons.
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:12 am

Mariana didn't know to whome to reply first so she just turned to the easiest answer she found. "Yeah you can seal them, but if i can get close enough to a demon to tide him up, i could kill him too so that idea is kind of for people who want to commit a subbicide and not achieve anything but their own death.." she said to Daniel not really caring at this point if she was right or wrong. In all case, if she was wrong they still had some chance.

"I understand little latin though demons are like beasts. If you could talk to them, you wouldn't have the need of fighting or killing them.I mean we could always try, but i am not sure how much of good idea that is.." she said turning to Sophia now. Talking to a demon or multiple demons did seem like a rather long shot.

Now, she thought of what to answer to Jess. It was rather hard to give good arguments because demons were like a sealed book. "Prophets have their blind spots you know? Decisions change, prophecy changes. If demons were predictable we could slice them without waiting for them to slice us first." she expressed her opinion not really caring how terrible that might sound. After all slicing shouldn't be an everyday joke.

"If we're going to talk mythology now let me tell you that according to it only ones who had power to resist them were gods. But looking from science point of view someone found a way to get rid of them temporaly. I don't know how, if we knew how we wouldn't be having this talk right now. And i don't wish to be right about most of the things because that would mean go bury yourself while you still have a shot." Mari said trying to remember each myth book she read though they were mostly from Greek and Roman history.

Her mind was working fast to find a connection to Germany and England though it was pointless since there were alot of other location. "So what territory are they after? Says here that there have been large craters appearing all over Seattle for the last few days." she asked reading the Seattle prophet she took from one of her patients this week.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:12 am

Matt was thinking, barely hearing anything going on. He caught a few words coming out of Jess and Mari's mouths. He was thinking about the Ministry, it would be the first thing that people think to go to about these attacks. He really couldn't focus on the Order now, the Ministry was public. The Order...not so much. He considered the possibilities, what if they..well he'd speak to Jess personally alone about that one. And maybe Khaat, he wanted to very important opinions. Jess and Khaat were always the ones Matt would go to, he'd need to send Emmy and Sophia into hiding. He didn't want Emmy involved...but Sophia was a fighter so well it was a losing battle there.

"Jess, the Ministry may also be a good starting point," he said quietly. "The Ministry will be the number two thought going through all of wizard Britain's minds. The first being the attacks, but the Ministry is an asset. I can get information, maybe from any survivors or eye witnesses. We could work through the Ministry, Khaat already works there and so does Robert. I could get you a job as well Jess. That way we could all be in the same kind of circle."

He knew he had said a mouthful and that he wouldn't get a real answer till Jess had though it over. But a good team takes every idea and thinks about them, the Order needed to become a better team. Matt was willing to try, realizing things would go alot smoother if they all worked with the same energy and thoughts was step one.

"Demons are immortal Mari, there's no killing a demon...." Matt said to Mari. "And speaking to demons will only make them more angry and send them on larger killing spree's. They consider Mortals or Wizards scum. They would never accept anything we say, if anything they probably would kill you on the spot. When you see a demon all I can say is run as fast as you can or apparate or do something to get away and hide. Demons want as much territory and power as possible. If we don't stop them, they could bring even more demons into the world and completely overthrow us like what Jess was saying." he told her, more or less to everyone.

"Books only know so much, and prophets...well I'm not one for mythology. I'm one to look at it in the light of the current situation and the future. The past is past, but it can help slightly. If we had a more reliable source, other than a book I'd be set. And I don't suppose anyone knows an expert on demons or something?" he asked. He was being serious here, he wanted to know as much as possible. Maybe he was finally settling into his role as Minister, he didn't want any muggle, wizard, or squib hurt.

All he could do now was wait for a reaction to all this, good or bad.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:05 am

Jess listened to what they each had to say and nodded. "Mari, i've not heard of these craters, if you could get more info for me, i'd really appreciate it." Jess told her, "All of you need to keep an ear out, we don't know where this is going, or what it is, anything you hear, or find out about needs to come straight to me," he told them, "But other than that at the moment i don't think we have much we can do that directly involves the demons." He finished that section of thought on.

"Matt, you're on the right track there, you need to prod buttock, this is something you really need to get public about, the Wizarding world needs to know about this threat, avoiding the issue wont help anyone," he told Matt. "You're the one the Wizarding World should be looking to, if they're not, get their attention, you need to help them, badly." He told him.

"I already have a job at the ministry," was his next reply, rolling his eyes, Matt was doing a good job, but he could try harder, he was more than a bit out of touch with his people than Jess had hoped for. "I'm a member of the wizengamot, you should know that," he said, rolling his eyes, before turning to face Robert.

"Your aurors," he began with, "Are they ready? Do you trust them,?" He asked, the Aurors were going to need to be a big force this time around, to reinforce the Ministry's Power
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top