A break from the Wizarding world.. sort of - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A break from the Wizarding world.. sort of - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A break from the Wizarding world.. sort of

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A break from the Wizarding world.. sort of - Page 4 Empty Re: A break from the Wizarding world.. sort of

Post by Chastity Moor Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:00 am

"Oh Calvin!" She cried out, when he fell to the ground. Her mind buzzing when she rushed to help him. But he was up and jumping around like normal in a matter of seconds. She glanced at the desk where the man sat, glaring at the two. She curtsied slightly, and then felt her face flush. How could anyone be so mean to someone like Calvin?

Chase stared at the man, her eyes wide, but she was so quickly pulled off she couldn't open her mouth to protest his attitude. He was yelling Elevator so.. proudly? She didn't know if that was the word, but it sure sounded like what he was. Proud that he could ride the elevator. And she had a bad feeling things would go wrong with him on it anyway. She laughed, and grabbing his wrist, she pulled him to the door, and hit the up button. The door pinged open and she pulled Calvin in after her, making sure all limbs were in the elevator before addressing him again.

"What floor do you live on Calvin?" She asked, smiling at him, her hand held out, ready to press the button for him. The doors shut, and she glanced at the little digital number that said what floor they were on. The elevator started to move up, and she giggled. "Do you always have trouble with that door Calvin?" She asked grinning as she looked up at his tall frame, kind of hard to see his face from the light right behind his head. She moved slightly so that his head blocked the light, and she laughed, turning to look up at the digital number again.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

A break from the Wizarding world.. sort of - Page 4 Empty Re: A break from the Wizarding world.. sort of

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:23 am

Calvin fallowed Chase into the elevator and walked to one of the corners, “Third Floor- I want to push the button!” he replied and quickly jabbed his finger at the button marked with a glowing ‘3’ in order to beat Chase to it. He giggled and swung his arms at his sides before sitting down on the floor, crossing his legs, listening for the faint ding! that would alert them that they had reached the right floor.

With him sitting on the ground like that, Calvin was actually able to look up at Chase, instead of her having to look up at him due to his height, and he grinned, “Well?” he asked, patting the carpeted, elevator floor. He was expecting her to sit down next to him, simply because that was he had always done when he was in elevators, and he thought that because he did so, that everyone else did as well, and was quite confused that Chase hadn’t remembered to sit down without a reminder.

“Well, yes, actually. The door doesn’t like me, he has made that clear many times in the past,” Calvin replied with a few rapid nods of his head. “One time I got stuck- oh and that other time when It broke my nose- or that one time… yeah,” he said with a laugh, recalling all of the times that he had managed to injure himself when using the revolving door in the lobby. He would avoid it, but it really was the only way to enter the apartment complex, and he would miss Pac Man too much if he decided to stay away from his apartment.

“Do you like the color yellow?” Calvin asked abruptly. To Chase, this probably sounded like a very random question, but Calvin had actually been thinking about what her favorite color was since the second he had tripped over her. He liked the color yellow- it had been his favorite color since he was old enough to even know what color was- and he really hoped that Chase felt the same way.

Why? Well, we may never know why Calvin’s mind worked the way it did.
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:40 am

Chase laughed softly, and was suddenly looking DOWN at Calvin. He was.. sitting on the floor of the elevator. Her very slight germaphobic side showed for a moment when he patted the floor. How many people had been standing there.. in shoes that had been, just about everywhere in the world, and now he was sitting on it? She could feel her skin twitch at the thought. But, not wanting to be a party pooper, she sat down next to him, laughing slightly as she did. "I guess I just stand up in the elevator!" She said laughing slightly as the elevator moved up.

Chase watched him as he rambled on about the door, and she smiled, awed by how much he could talk, but then she realized that SHE was the one who usually talked that fast and that much. He just seemed to never stop so she could get a word in. But she liked it that way, it was very interesting to actually listen to him talk, he had so much to say, there were never any awkward silences around him, and she loved it.

When he asked if she liked yellow, she laughed loudly and threw her head back, just like it was the funniest thing she had heard. "I love Yellow." She said giggling. "I'm a hufflepuff at Hogwarts, and my wardrobe just reflects that I guess!" She smiled at him. "I absolutely love color though, any color at all, Yellow has to be my favorite, but pink, and red, and blue, and purple.." She listed off a few, giggling happily. "What about you? Do you like Yellow?" She asked turning to look at him smiling happily.

[OOC: hmmm.. this is a really long elevator ride XD]
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:53 am

Calvin’s eyes went wide and sparkled upon hearing that she loved the color yellow. He opened his mouth to speak, but all that came out was a croak that sounded rather frog-like. He grinned at Chase, and then looked down at his hands, which were folded in his lap; it took a lot to shut Calvin up, and apparently, sharing the same favorite color as him was more than enough.

Ding! The elevator came to an abrupt halt, almost throwing Calvin up off of the floor. The doors opened slowly, revealing a narrow hallway with several doors on both the left and right side. Calvin pushed himself up off of the ground, “Well, here we are,” he announced and hopped out of the elevator onto the third floor, pushing his black-rimmed spectacles further up the bridge of his nose when they began to slip down due to how much he jumped around when he was excited.

He walked until he came to the seventh door on the left and knocked on the door to the tune of one of his favorite video games. Calvin glanced at Chase, smiled, and then looked back at the door, waiting for his roommate to unlock it for them- Calvin could hear loud videogame sound effects from the other side of the door, and knew that he would be home to let them in, as long as he was willing to pause his game in order to answer the door.
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:04 am

When the elevator reached the right floor, Chase slowly got up, nervousness suddenly filling her stomach with butterflies. She had just followed this guy, up to the third floor of a nice apartment building, to a deserted corridor, with a random person in his apartment, to see his fish. Chase hadn't used to be such a nervous person, but.. lately, well.. she was suspicious of everyone.. "Way to think of that now Chase! When there is no way to turn around." It was true, she turned to look at the elevator, and saw the doors ping shut, a little needle above the door going up, to pick someone else up from one of the upper floors. Biting her lip she turned to look at Calvin again.

And her fear was extinguished almost at once. The happy look on his face, as he rapped on the door, and the grin on his face.. there was no actor alive who could show that complete and total look of ignorant bliss as what was on Calvin's face. As she got closer to the door, she could hear music coming from the other side.

His roommate was here. She felt the butterflies flutter again. What kind of person would Calvin roommate with? At least he wasn't living alone, he would probably kill himself if he had to do everything alone, but she was nervous none the less. What kind of person, a guy let alone, would be able to put up with someone like Calvin. Chase easily could because their personalities synced pretty well, but someone else? She found it hard to believe.

Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:50 am

Calvin brought his hand up in front of his face and knocked against the wood of the apartment door several times, matching the rhythm of the videogame music that could be heard on the other side of the door. “I’m comin’, Cal” a male voice shouted and suddenly the door swung open to reveal a scrawny young man about Calvin’s age with brown messy hair that stuck out at all ends and dull gray-blue eyes. Calvin grinned at the other man and stepped inside the apartment, tugging Chase with him in hopes that she would fallow him, “Come on, come on, come on!” Calvin cheered excitedly, which earned him an irritated roll of the eyes from his roommate.

The other man shut the door and scratched his head, “Who’s this, Cal? You didn’t kidnap her did you?” he teased, fallowed by a few laughs that sounded rather nasally, “Pizza or TV Dinners?” The young man then asked as he walked over to the kitchen on the other side of the apartment to grab a phone off of its charger. He jumped up on one of the kitchen counters and sat there, swinging his legs with the phone in front of his face, ready to dial the number for the nearest Pizza place; apparently he was hoping that Calvin would choose pizza.

Luckily, the two of them were quite similar when it came to their favorite foods, and so it made deciding upon dinner a lot less complicated, “One pizza with mushroom and pineapple, another with cheese,” Calvin called over his shoulder as he walked over to his bedroom to fetch his goldfish. He made his way into his room, only to stumble over a pile of clothing near the door and fall over with a loud thud.

The roommate winced and shook his head, “Oooh, poor mate. You should get used to that, by the way, he falls over all the time. In fact, I bet he just broke his arm again… it was only last weak that he got his cast off,” he told Chase, tapping the necessary buttons on the phone in order to order the two pizzas. “M’ name’s Reid,” he said with a grin before turning his full attention towards the phone in his hands; “Why yes, hello, I’d like to order…”

“Ouch,” Calvin groaned and looked at his palm, which was stinging unbearably, to see that he was, in fact, bleeding. He gasped and closed his eyes tight, a whimper escaping his parted lips, “Reid… I’m bleeding!” he shouted, his voice shaky. Calvin slowly opened his eyes once more, but avoided looking at his hand as he searched the area to see what he had fallen on… and sure enough, there was a large shard of glass lying on the carpeted floor. Calvin tilted his head to the side, wondering where the glass could have possible come from. He picked up a piece of it with his fingertips cautiously, and held it up in front of his face to examine it: a small drop of water was sliding down the piece of glass. He fallowed the drop of water with his eyes as it fell to the floor, but what he found there he wish he never would have…

“No! Pac Man!”
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Chase was tugged into the apartment, where she met a guy named Reid, and suddenly realized that she was literally standing in a bachelor pad. Two guys, living together, and Chase knew Calvin needed that. He was so clumsy that, even now he was tripping on things. And they were ordering pizza. Chase glanced around the house, and smiled slightly. It was messy, which she liked because it was like someone lived in it. To clean houses made it look like no one even set foot in it, but messy showed the world that they weren't afraid to show that it was lived in.

Chase glanced over at Calvin when he fell, and ran to help him. He had cut himself, and she glanced around. "Band-aids?" She asked frantically. "Anything.. he cut himself.." She said spinning when suddenly Calvin was yelling. Pac Man? His fish? She ran over and almost fell herself, but caught herself and looked down. The bowl had smashed and the fish was laying on the ground. Alive her dead she wasn't sure, but she glanced at the other man. Was he a wizard too? Did he know of magic. "Water!" She yelped and turned around and went into the kitchen where Reid was. "Where are your glasses? Pac Man's fish bowl broke.." She said glancing around the cupboards, before pulling one open and finding a glass.

She filled it with water and went back to Calvin, picking up the fish, she dropped it into the clear glass and then put the fish aside. Calvin's hand needed repairing. "Do you have band-aids Calvin? Pac Man is gonna be fine!" She said, not so sure about the last sentence, but hoping he would calm down enough so that she could look at his hand. It was a bad cut, and she needed to get something on it. She glanced at the fish, and knew then that Reid probably kept the fish coming for Calvin's sake. Fish didn't normally last very long, but they were the easiest of animals to replace, because a lot of them looked the exact same. And she knew that this one was probably either newer or just a bit older, because of the way it had moved. Older fish slowed down and lost their color, this fish still looked brand new.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:42 am

He could see Pac Man lying there on the floor surrounded by the shattered fishbowl he had once called his home, and Calvin felt his heartbeat slow painfully until he was certain that it was could to stop beating altogether. Calvin couldn’t remember a time in his life when he had felt so shocked and so broken, and he was having a very hard time dealing with it, to say the least. The young man sobbed and it echoed in the bedroom as he laid there on the floor, his hand bleeding and his dead goldfish only a few inches away from him. He rested his forehead against the carpeted floor, he could feel tears stinging his eyes and quickly sliding down his cheeks until the droplets collided with the carpet his face was pressed against. His sobbing was muffled slightly by the carpet, but it could still be heard throughout the apartment as Calvin mourned the loss of his pet.

“My best friend, my brother, my shoulder to cry on- well, not his shoulder but I could always rest my head against his bowl when I was sad and he would listen to everything I said,” Calvin spoke through tears of both pain from the injury he had caused himself and Pac Man.

Reid had already finished ordering by the time he heard Calvin’s shouts about his pet fish, and he couldn’t keep that frown off of his face… “Oh no, I usually get to the fish in time to switch them when they die, poor Calvin,” he spoke softly and shook his head before jumping down off of the counter and walking into his friend’s room. Shards of glass crunched beneath Reid’s sneakers as he stepped inside the bedroom, but he was more concerned about the slice in Calvin’s hand. “We’ll have a funeral Calvin! A brilliant funeral for Pac Man,” Reid suggested as he slowly helped him off of the floor.

Calvin’s long, messy brown hair had fallen in his eyes as tears fell from his eyelashes and continued down his continued down his cheeks. He had his arm held out in front of him and a small puddle of crimson liquid had formed there, but Calvin didn’t looked at it, afraid of what he would see- instead he turned his head the other way and looked at Chase.

She was holding him in a jar, but he was just floating there on the surface of the water. Another sob and more tears- and yet, somehow Reid managed to talk over it all, “Hey, lady, the bandages are in the bathroom- which is right next to Calvin’s room- in the cabinet. It looks deep, I’ll try…” but his voice faded out towards the end of the sentence when he caught his mistake; he was going to say “It looks deep, I’ll try a few healing spells on it but I don’t know if they will work or not” but he had remembered that no everyone in London were of magical blood, and he really didn’t want to deal with the confusion of that at such a moment.

“My poor Pac Man…” Calvin started to speak, his sobs finally quieting- only to start up again, plopping down on the sofa that Reid had lead him to.
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:04 am

Chase was at a complete loss, it seemed she was right about Reid taking the fish when it died and switching them before Calvin found out, but Calvin took the loss so.. so hard. He was crying onto the floor and Chase felt a bit awkward before she moved into action at Reid's prompting. "And it's Chase." She said turning back to him. "Not lady.." She said with a small sad smile before she disappeared into the bathroom, still holding the cup with the dead Pac Man in it.

Chase went into the kitchen quickly and put Pac Man just out of site of Calvin so it wouldn't cause him further distress. She could heal this baby up in an instant, but she wasn't sure if Reid was actually a wizard, so she gently took Calvin's hand and started to look for any pieces of glass in it. "I grabbed some neosporin too.." She said holding up the little tube and gently putting some on the cut. "So it won't get infected.." She smiled at Calvin. "Hey it's okay, I'll help you with the funeral okay?" She asked softly, still working on his hand as she gently wound the bandage around it, not putting it to loose, but not tight enough for him to be uncomfortable. "There.." She said softly as she finished it up.

"I"m guessing he gets hurt a lot.." She said glancing at Reid and then looking down at Calvin, who looked a wreck. Poor guy.. he really had loved his fish.. she had never seen someone so attracted to them before him, and it made her smile slightly. It sure was nice seeing someone as... as.. Chase wasn't sure if innocent was the word, but it was close enough. She smiled at him lightly, and glanced at Reid. "I'm training to be a hea... a doctor." She said catching her mistake just in time. She coughed loudly as though she had simply mistaken the word, and then smiled at him. "It might need stitches though, he should probably go to the.. Hospital." Chase smiled slightly and glanced at Reid.

She hated being around muggles, hated it, when she was around them she had to hide everything, and pretend she knew what she was doing with, muggle terms. It annoyed her, but then again, he might be a wizard too, it was kind of doubtful that Calvin would live with someone who wasn't magical. Magic might save his life from time to time. She decided to test it carefully, like putting her toe in a pool to check how cold it was. "We met outside the Leaky Cauldron... and he wanted me to meet this magical Pac Man of his.." She said lightly as though it had just slipped out in casual conversation. If he didn't know what the Leaky Cauldron was, there was no harm done, in fact he could look it up and not know where it was, but if he did.. well he was obviously magical.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:56 am

Calvin whimpered when Chase bandaged his injured hand, sniffling in a way a small child who had just finished throwing a temper tantrum would, though he was crying over the loss of pet goldfish, and not a toy or being denied sugary treats.

“Promise?” Calvin asked her, looking up from his hand to look into her eyes, the corners of his mouth moving upward slightly into a pained smile- his hand really did hurt, but somehow to pain of loosing a loved one seemed to numb most of the pain in his hand. “The hospital?” Calvin asked; he was fine with the idea of going to the hospital, he had, after all, spent a good year-or-so training at St. Mungo’s to be a healer, and he had grown to really trust the healers. “I hope they still have lollypops there- you know, those ones that they give the good patients?” Calvin said, his voice sounding a bit more nasally than usual because of his fit.

Reid sat down on the sofa next to his friend, examining Chase’s handiwork- ha! hand-i-work- but his eyes quickly darted away from Calvin’s injury to meet the redhead’s eyes when she mentioned a wizard location. He had to pause for a moment to comprehend what she had done, before he spoke up again, “Your clever!” he complimented her with a grin, for he himself hadn’t been able to work out some sort of plan to figure out whether or not Chase was a muggle. “Saves me the trouble of playing ‘guess who’- I was never that good at that game,” Reid added before turning his attention back towards Calvin.

“You can make it there by yourself right? I need to get to the next checkpoint on the game (instead of ‘the game’, fill in any videogame you think Reid would play)… and the pizza will be here soon” Reid began, before he realized what an ignorant idea it was to send Calvin out on his own- heck, he wondered how the guy managed to make it to and from work without being hit by a car- and so he corrected himself, “Actually, Chase, could you take him there? I don’t think we need Calvin to die today as well as Pac-Man,” he asked her, raising his eyebrows questioningly.

Calvin whimpered at the mention of his beloved goldfish, Pac-Man, but it seemed his tears had been used up, and therefore, the crying had stopped for the most part. He brought the sleeve of his hoodie up to his eyes, wiping away the tears that still clung to the skin bellow his eyes, “Yeah, I want Chase to go- please Chase, oh please, oh please, oh please!?”
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top