A break from the Wizarding world.. sort of - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A break from the Wizarding world.. sort of - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A break from the Wizarding world.. sort of

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A break from the Wizarding world.. sort of - Page 2 Empty Re: A break from the Wizarding world.. sort of

Post by Chastity Moor Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:45 pm

[OOC: That made me laugh so hard! Omg.. Creepy and cute at the same time XD]

Twenty-four? It didn't seem possible that someone so carefree and wonderful as Calvin could be so much older then her. Doing the math in her head, her eyes widened when she realized they were seven years apart. Meaning... when he had been a seventh year, she had just started Hogwarts. Her eyes went wide again. "That's awesome, hmm, I'd like to meet this fish friend you seem to care so much about, I mean you did yell that you hadn't of said you loved your fish earlier didn't you?" She said giggling again. When he laughed, Chase was sent into a fit of giggles, and she covered her hand with her mouth, trying desperately to make them stop. She didn't want to hurt his feelings, but somehow Calvin didn't seem to the type to really understand someone was laughing at him. Well, she wasn't really laughing at him, more with him, because of him.

"Oh! Calvin are you alright?" She asked when his head made a sickening crunch on the table. He kept his head down and she wasn't sure if it was from pain, or from embarrassment, until he looked up at her and smiled before putting his head back down. People around them were staring curiously now. "Calvin.." She said and reached out gently touching his hand. "Do you need me to help? I know a spell that could fix that bump up in no time, no pain at all." She said smiling at him, her eyes twinkling. "Oh Calvin.. you have to be more careful!" She said giggling softly before pulling out her wand. "I don't like seeing you in pain." She said suddenly, as though she just realized it herself. She really didn't like seeing this man she had just met in any pain at all. It made her feel like she had to cushion every inch of the place he was in, just so he wouldn't get hurt.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

A break from the Wizarding world.. sort of - Page 2 Empty Re: A break from the Wizarding world.. sort of

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:31 am

When Chase touched his hand Calvin opened his mouth wide, as if shocked, but his face was already hidden from Chase because of the fact that he was resting his forehead on the table, and so she didn’t see this childish reaction. He blushed deeply before peeking up at her again from underneath his arms, “It happens a lot, actually- all the time- all the time I hit my head off of stuff- trip- fall- break,” he explained at a rapid speed… maybe Coffee hadn’t been such a good idea; the caffeine had obviously only made things worse for Calvin.

“Someone cast a cheering charm on me when I was younger, but I think every now-and-then it still makes me all giddy,” he said, fallowed by another laugh- or until his head throbbed painfully, “OUCH!” he wailed. “Please?” he asked in reply to Chase’s offer to heal the injury he had caused himself.

He sat up straight for a moment to bring his drink to his lips, filling his mouth completely until his cheeks bulged out slightly. He started to laugh, and nearly coughed up the mouthful of liquid all over himself and Chase, who sat on the opposite side of the table, but managed to swallow it before ruining his clothing for the second time that day.

“Oh!” he said and froze, his eyes moving up and down slightly as he listened to the song that was playing in the Leaky Cauldron quietly- almost so quietly that the song couldn’t be heard- and grinned, “I love this song!” he said and jumped to his feet, knocking his chair over without even noticing it, too caught up in the ‘excitement’ of the moment. Calvin grabbed hold of Chase’s hand and tugged on her arm, “Come on, dance!” he begged.

Now, I’m sure we all know what Calvin + Dancing equals, but the amazing part about the situation, was that it seemed that Calvin didn’t care at all about the fact that he would probably fall over, trip, and make a total fool of himself if he did attempt to dance in the small area, where there wasn’t even a dance floor. It was a rather spectacular thing.

[OOC: Chase could heal his head before he heard the song and jumped out of his seat, if you’d like. Oh, and the song is some odd 80's song. No specific song, just something from the 80's that no one really listens to XD]
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:51 am

[OOC: I have decided that only TRUELY evil people can not like Calvin.. oh and I want one! A Calvin that is]

Chase smiled at him. She seriously just wanted to give him a big hug. Poor guy, clumsier then she was, she was pretty clumsy, but she was slowly growing into this body. It seemed like he had grown OUT of his body, and lost control of it. She smiled at him and patted his hand. She knew what it was like to hit her head, and fall down a lot, hadn't she just fallen down outside? That made her remember and she glanced down at her knees, which were still bleeding slightly. A cheering charm on him? No wonder he was like this, must have been pretty tough, she could sort of imagine him as a mellow man though, and she doubted she would be sitting in The Leaky Cauldron right now if he hadn't been hit by such a spell. "Ohh..." She said wanting to give him a hug and tell him it'd be alright, but she just tapped his head with her wand, and the bump reduced drastically, along with the pain until there was only a soft throbbing there, that would disappear in a few moments.

She watched as he took much to big of a drink, and mentally braced herself for a splatter of butterbeer, but somehow he managed to swallow it all, almost coughing it up in the process. She grinned happily, but suddenly he froze, and she felt herself freeze with him. Waiting for what he was, until she realized music was playing. They played music in here? She looked up at him when suddenly his chair went crashing back and he was begging her to dance. She stood up a bit more gracefully and giggled. "I'd love to! I love dancing!" She said laughing as she took his hand and moved into a small open space between tables.

She knew this was probably going to be bad, and so did just about everyone else in the pub, because there was a sudden mad dash for the door, as everyone attempted to pay and leave at the same time before the two started to dance. She slowly lifted her hands and looked up at him at the same time, giggling happily. "Do you know how to dance?" she asked giggling, her cheeks pink from embarrassment and happiness. He had such a wonderful personality, absolutely unafraid to do anything, even if it meant looking like a total fool in doing so. She didn't know the song, but she swayed back and forth to the music. It seemed like a pretty old song, but she had never heard it, so she just swayed. Grinning she raised her left hand and put it on his shoulder, hoping to stop him from hitting the table behind him, and grabbed his other hand in hers, this time steadying herself as she lost her balance slightly and fell forward toward him.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:35 am

[OOC: Wrapped or boxed? XD]

Calvin hid his mouth in the inside of his elbow to stifle his laughter when he noticed people leaving the area, aware- surprisingly – that they were leaving because they knew they were in danger if they stuck around while Calvin danced about. He grinned at Chase when she asked him if he knew how to dance, and couldn’t help but tap his feet excitedly, “No! I’ve never been able to dance- ever,” he announced before he began dancing, shaking his backside while he moved his arms around rapidly and jumped up and down in a circle. It was a rather odd thing to witness, and would have been rather frightening to anyone anywhere within ten feet of him, but it was also amusing, and by his high-pitched laughs and the huge smile he was wearing, he seemed to be having the time of his life.

He felt free. There were no thoughts of, ‘oh, but what do I look like to the rest of the world’, and with that out of the way, he could be as carefree as he liked, and as filled with joy as he allowed.

Calvin stopped dancing by himself to dance with Chase; he let her rest her hand on his shoulder, and he took her other hand in his and spun quickly, stumbling several times. He swayed his head back and forth, left and right, humming loudly to the music so that the quiet tune could be heard over the sound of his shoes squeaking every now-and-then against the floor.
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:46 am

Chase stood momentarily surprised by his dancing. He seemed to be having so much fun, she pulled out her wand and waved it, the tables in his way were moved slightly so that there was a bigger room for him to.. dance. She glanced at the bartender, but he had disappeared also, it seemed he didn't want to be anywhere near this, after what Calvin had done to him. Chase giggled happily, obviously wanting to join in his.. dance, but she was a bit to self conscious to attempt to dance like THAT. She laughed when he took her hand, and spun. She was forced to spin with him, and she let her head fall back, her laugh joyous as it floated through the room.

It was so much fun, dancing there with Calvin, she didn't know when she had last had fun, the last time her smile had been real, or the last time she had laughed, and meant it. She looked up at him, and giggled, seeing how happy he was just humming and dancing. She heard the end of the song come, and she stood there rather awkwardly for a moment before the next song came up, this one much slower. She let her arms drop and she moved into a deep curtsy. One she usually saved for royalty, her head bowed she grinned at the floor. "Thank you for the wonderful dance." she said amusement and happiness etched into every word of hers. She looked up at him and grinned again, hoping he didn't think she was teasing him. But she didn't think Calvin was like that, he didn't realize it when people made fun of him, and she could just imagine what it had been like at Hogwarts.

She straightened again and waved her wand, the tables moving back to their original positions. She didn't know how good it would be, if she slow danced with Calvin. She always had a hard time, when it came to slow dancing, because her mind would stray so far off in the past, thinking of things, she knew she had forgotten, but wanting to remember them, still feeling what she had felt when she was close to another guy. She moved away from Calvin, a deep blush on her cheeks, almost as red as her fiery hair.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:09 am

The song ended, but Calvin only stopped dancing when Chase did, because he enjoyed watched her smile and laugh along with him. “Oh come on, one more- one more dance. Please?” The man begged, dropping to both of his knees, bowing his head so low to the ground that it was almost touching the floors, and held both of his hands together out in front of him. He was probably the most embarrassing human being on the entire planet, but it was clear by his innocent facial expressions and personality that he didn’t mean to be that way, and that it was just one of the prices he had to pay in order to get to that level of happiness that he had reached.

Sure it had taken him quite a few years to figure out how to actually have an amazing time just being himself, but he had mastered it nonetheless, and he was always more than willing to show other people the light- or in other words, how to get over the rest of the world and laugh.

Another song had already begun, but the song’s intro was still playing- a gentle acoustic guitar and the faint sound of a keyboard in the background – and as soon as the song actually started up, he decided that he would dance by himself even if Chase decided not to, simply because it felt too good to laugh like that, and to smile, and enjoy everything.

Calvin climbed to his feet and held his arms out in front of him and began to sway, dancing with himself,- or an imaginary friend – stumbling over his feet every once in a while only to get back up and continue on as if nothing had happened. He closed his eyes, smiling foolishly.
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:19 am

Chase laughed when he fell to his knees. "I really shouldn't.." She said glancing around. The few people who actually had stayed, were staring at them. She felt her face redden and she looked down at him, literally begging on his knees. "Calvin.." She said slowly, but he was already up on his feet, dancing his heart out. She felt her eyes sink to the ground, as he danced with himself. When had been the last time she had danced like that? Only a long time ago, before she had lost her family, before she had been through to much for one person to be through. But still, she smiled, and felt an actual laugh escape her lips every now and then. It felt great, laughing and smiling again.

Chase slowly felt her smile slide back into place, and as it slide, so did she, right into his outstretched arms. Smiling up into his face as his eyes closed. She moved a bit closer to him, and matched the pace of the song with him, attempting to keep him from falling over, but every time he fell over, she almost did too, losing her balance at exactly the wrong moment, or he fell over just when she wasn't expecting it. She moved closer to him in order to get a better foothold, she looked down quickly, and was startled to see just how close they had gotten. Her cheeks heated and she laughed looking up at him. "I don't know how you do it.." She said giggling. "But.. I want to try it too..." She bit her lip and then smiled at him. "I'd like to try and be as carefree and happy as you are, I just.. I think to much." She said thoughtfully before laughing again, her laugh like a bell in the quiet pub.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:57 am

Slightly startled when he felt Chase join in as he danced, moving close to him, Calvin opened his eyes for a moment, but grinned when he saw that she was smiling. He was glad that he had agreed to come with her to the Leaky Cauldron- though he knew there probably hadn’t been a chance that he wouldn’t have agreed when she had asked, because that just wasn’t the Calvin-like thing to do.

Calvins smiled, laughed, and fell over more than they were meant to. Calvins danced about without a care in the world. Calvins enjoyed spending time around Chases, and listening to that brilliant laugh. Or, at least, this particular brand of Calvin did.

“Thinking is fine, but you need to remember when you’re thinking that you’re the one thinking, not the world, because the world thinks that people shouldn’t think things that make them feel happy and carefree,” the man replied. These were rather wise words, and it was almost shocking to hear them fall from Calvin’s lips, simply because he seemed too childlike to understand such things- however, despite his innocence, he was still a brilliant man in his own way, and really all anyone had to do to see that was pay attention to the words he spoke, rather than the way he went about speaking them.

Calvin looked down at Chase, who was quite a lot shorter than he was, as he danced with her, stepping on her toes every now-and-then. “I’ll show you how,” he promised with a nod of his head; if Chase was willing to learn, Calvin would show her what exactly made him the joyful person he was, and how she could feel the same way.
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:15 am

Chase laughed when he looked startled. How was it possible that she had picked up the cutest guy in the world? Simply by falling over? She grinned at him and felt him trod on her feet, wincing slightly she closed her eyes, and her mind slowly started to get under the impression that it was just her and Calvin there, them and the music. She opened her eyes, and all she saw was Calvin. She grinned at him again and pushed a strand of loose hair out of her face. Her hair kept flying into it though, their dancing, and falling, and tripping almost matching perfectly, so that it was more like a dance then anything else.

Chase's mind went into over drive when he spoke. She was startled that such... wisdom had come from him. It made her open her eyes in shock, and stop dancing, looking up at him with confusion in her eyes. Was he.. playing with her? Pretending to be all innocent and such, to get on her good side? She felt a small forced smile appear on her lips, before what he said actually sunk in. "Oh.." She said understanding dawning on her face. It had been worded weirdly, but now she got it. "I think I get it.." she said slowly, rolling her two front teeth over her lower lip in concentration.

Chase grinned at him and winced every time he trod on her toes. "Thanks.. I'd.. I'd love to learn, but only if you're willing!" She said her eyes wide, looking up into his face. He was so freaking tall.. why did guys always have to be taller then her? She wasn't SHORT, but she wasn't as tall as half of the guys two years younger then her. They all seemed to sprout up in one summer, so third years were like hecka short, and fourth years and up were TALL! She laughed again, her twinkling bell laugh and looked up into his face, trying to read how he felt.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:36 am

As soon as Chase had stopped dancing Calvin felt as though he had done something wrong, and looked deeply ashamed of himself, even though he hadn’t actually done anything worth being ashamed of. He looked at the floor for a moment, but then he heard her voice again, and he was relieved, as if her being there was so important, that if she were to leave, that Calvin himself would have no choice but to leave the Leaky Cauldron and never come back unless Chase agreed to join him.

“You need to meet Pac Man, then!” he exclaimed abruptly. Perhaps the fellow had ADD or something, because his attention didn’t seem to be focused on one single thing for a very long period of time- or perhaps his thoughts were moving about just as fast as he was due to the massive amounts of caffeine that he had swallowed. Calvin listened closely as the slower song ended, fading slowly until the guitar could no longer be heard.

Several strands of Calvin’s messy brown hair were falling over his spectacles, into his face, but he didn’t brush them away, instead, he jumped up and down three times, Chase’s hands still held together in both of his, hoping that she would agree to meet Calvin’s goldfish.

Abruptly, Calvin wrapped Chase in the tightest hug in the history of hugs and said something that sounded like, “hmmhahayay”, which in some weird way was probably suppose to be Calvin’s way of saying, ‘Yes, I think your great, don’t disappear’.

[OCC: I think I got some of Calvin’s personality from Bob in “What about Bob?” without meaning to XD Not Bob’s mental disorders or anything, just his innocence, oh, and the goldfish =P I didn’t notice that until just now]
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top