the 5k around the world Part II (Location 3): Ireland - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

the 5k around the world Part II (Location 3): Ireland - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

the 5k around the world Part II (Location 3): Ireland

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the 5k around the world Part II (Location 3): Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: the 5k around the world Part II (Location 3): Ireland

Post by Keith Nicholas Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Keith followed Jack into her house, looking around curiously. A person's house told you a lot about how a person was away from the pressures of social life.

Jack was busy sorting through several maps, and Keith wondered idly if she had a computer. It would certainly be easier than going through all these, but he didn't want to appear rude. Jack's house, Jack's rules. He took the maps from Jack's hands and sat down at the table, opening the first one and looking for the key.

"Here, if you want to take a gander at those, we can figure out where to go from there. If it's too far from here I can Apparate, and you can come Side-Along. But it might be easier to drive too."

Keith shook his head, not looking up from the maps. "We'll have to drive. The pocket watch is too sensitive for apparation, and I'd rather still have all my limbs after this trip to Mama is finished." He put one map off to the side and picked up the next one.

"You thirsty or anything?"

"Do you have any soda?" He asked eagerly. Keith wasn't particularly thirsty, but he had never been one to pass up a chance at free caffeine.
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

the 5k around the world Part II (Location 3): Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: the 5k around the world Part II (Location 3): Ireland

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:55 pm

Jack nodded at his words and strode over to the fridge and pulled it open. She extracted two Cokes from it and walked back over to Keith, sliding one over to him. She glanced over at the maps and then towards the stairs that led to her room. If her computer had been working she would have the info in no time, but for now they were stuck using the old fashioned maps.

"I'm going to go grab my keys then," she said, before turning and bounding up towards her room. She slipped inside and grabbed her keys an her phone, which she hardly ever used, and then stumbled back downstairs, twirling the key ring on her finger.

She rejoined Keith and grabbed a map. "Any luck yet?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:08 am

"Pimpin," Keith muttered to himself, snapping open the can with and taking a swig of the sugary liquid inside. He traced a few roads with his finger and tried to sort through the overlapping names of the different buildings, habitually checking the pocket watch.

As he worked, he found his thoughts drifting to the Watch, which was currently sitting in his bedroom back in England. It might've come in handy on this adventure, and was never as annoying outside of Hogwarts as it was inside. He was even beginning to make progress in understanding how it worked, despite still being unable to control it at all.

He barely noticed Jack getting her keys from upstairs, but did manage to catch her asking whether he had had any luck.

"Maybe..." He said, tapping a spot on one of the maps a few times. "It's a few miles out, but if you drive fast we should be able to get there with plenty of time to spare."
Keith Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:48 am

Jack grinned, stopping her keys. "Oh, I can drive fast. You, my friend, have just set yourself up for the most terrifyingly awesome experience of your young life." Her eye twinkled and she smirked. "Grab that map and come on."

She swept out of the room and hurried outside, taking care to lock the door once outside. She walked out to the curb where her Ford Comet awaited her loyally. She opened up the door with a loud squeak and slid inside. She put the key in and turned it. After terrible clunking and squealing it finally came to life and she pulled her seat belt on. "You're gonna want to put that seat belt on. Now where am I going?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:00 pm

Keith buckled in and nodded. "Straight ahead and left," he said, staring down at the map and trying to follow the twisting path to the Royal Station theater. "Then right, then left...no, right again...ah shit, I lost my spot," he muttered, tracing the line with his finger. "Okay. Straight, left, right, right, past two stop signs..."
Keith Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:30 pm

Jack pulled away from the curb and accelerated, beginning to memorize the directions as she went, when suddenly Keith said he had lost his spot. She chuckled as he got slightly flustered and then she memorized the new set of direction. She turned left, and began to speed up, pushing the speed limit, her eyes darting around to see if she spotted any policemen.

It felt weird to be driving again. Usually she would Apparate or walk. She loved going out and walking or running around. It was easier to run into new characters and old faces. Nevertheless, she did like the feeling that she controlled the clunk machine around her, and she did like to go fast...

She turned right and then right again. She said, "So is this what you've been doing all summer. Running around on a mad portkey chase." She grinned. At least it was interesting and chaotic without being too unpredictable. She could say that her summer had been interesting and chaotic, but definitely not predictable... She smiled and glanced at her rear view mirror as she passes the second stop sign.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:42 am

"What?" Keith muttered as Jack commented on his summer so far. "Oh, yeah, I guess-LEFT!" Keith shouted, Jack frantically turning the wheel as they nearly sped past the next turn. "It isn't as fun as it sounds honestly. The time changes are really starting to get to me, especially when you've just woken up and the portkey takes you somewhere in the middle of the night...it's just a little hectic, you know? I thought I had had enough adventure at Hogwarts, what with nearly getting arrested-RIGHT!" he shrugged. "But look at me complaining. Summer could definitely be worse. How've you been?"

((OoC: Godmodded you ever so slightly. If you mind, just tell me and I'll edit))
Keith Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:15 am

((its okay! Feel free to do so for directions))

Jack obeyed Keith's directions, even when they were split second close. She was pretty skilled at sharp turns since she was usually day dreaming while she was supposed to be concentrating on the road. And she never wanted to miss her turn.

She chuckled at his words and then grimaced when he asked about her summer. Hmm, hunting for loch ness, being attacked by mad poltergeist, almost being killed by death eaters, and losing best friends...She did not want to be a downer, so instead she said, "Eventful. I'm...I'm ready for Hogwarts let's just say that."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:46 pm

Keith grinned. "Heh. Ready for school. That's something I never really thought about..turn right here, then take another left...and we're done," he said, looking up. "Maybe so. Stuff seems to happen there," he said, getting out of the car as Jack pulled up to the curb.

Keith looked around. There was nothing here except abandon buildings...wait.

"What the hell?" Keith muttered, looking at one boarded up building. A sign hung by one corner, with several letters missing and most frayed, but it read: Now Playing The Matrix

"Huh," keith muttered, grinning slightly. "Something tells me this has been shut down for a while."
Keith Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Jack began to lessen her speed, but it did not change the fact that she more or less slammed on the breaks to stop... Obviously she preferred a broom to driving, even if she did love her artistically crappy car.

She undid her seat belt and slid out of the car, slamming the door. She walked around it and looked up expecting...something more...exciting. On a normal day, abandoned buildings were exciting to her because that meant a new adventure. But on day that was supposed to be full of the wonders of magic, this was sort of a let down.

Her eyes found the sign that advertised the Matrix and she could not help but smirk and bark a laugh. "Yeah, I'd say." She went forward and peered into the grimy windows, though she could not see anything. She turned back to Keith. "You sure this is it?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top