A Trip to France - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Trip to France - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Trip to France

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Trip to France - Page 2 Empty Re: A Trip to France

Post by Abbey Dawn Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:52 am

Abbey nodded in agreement. Just then, her stomach growled. She gave Andrew an apolegetic grin and patted her stomach, as if saying, 'Shut up, or I'm going to punch you!'. Of course, her stomach didn't quite get the picture. Right on cue her stomach growled again. "I guess my stomach isn't going to hold on any longer." Abbey said to Andrew. "Do you maybe want to go grab a bite to eat?" she asked.

Abbey wondered if maybe just eating lunch or something with Andrew would be wierd, since she just met him. Hopefully he wouldn't mind, because she was starving and she liked talking to him. He was nice, and seemed like he would make a good friend.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:03 am

Andrew nodded his head in sync with his words. "Yeah sure," he said smiling a friendly smile. He looked around the area, and could not tell which store from which. Some had different kind of writing styles, he had never even seen before, and it baffled him. "Umm..." he stalled, looking store from store "do you have any idea on what these places are? I haven't a clue to which store is just general store or restaurant." He wished he had learned a bit of French before coming out here to the intern meeting. But then again he hadn't expected for someone completely new to invite him out to lunch. He would have to prepare next time.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:10 am

Abbey bit her lip. She squinted her eyes as she tried to decipher the French words, trying to remember the little bit of the language she had learned before visiting the country. After scanning the whole right side of the area, she finally found a resteraunt that was labeled with a few words she knew. Abbey picked up 'cuisine', and 'French', which was easy enough to spot out. She pointed her finger at the tiny resteraunt and asked Andrew, "How about that one? From what I can read it has to have food."
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:08 am

Andrew turned his head to where Abbey had pointed to, and examined the small shop nearby. He still couldn't understand the language, but he could see French somewhere in the words. "Sure," he said smiling, wondering what type of food they were selling "that sounds good. By the way, do you know the currency exchange for USDs? I only have American money right now." He felt a little embarresed that he had not come more prepared, but would find out some way to pay for it.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Abbey shrugged. "Wouldn't it just be euros?" she asked. Of course since she had lived in England her whole life, all Abbey ever used was European money. She wasn't sure if France used the same currency, but it seemed more than likely. She and Andrew walked up to the resteraunt. "Table for two please." Abbey said. Then she blushed, realizing the waiter probably didn't speak English. Luckily, he did though, and took them to a table where they were seated.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:12 pm

Andrew nodded at the realization and then wondered if he brought his wallet or not. He checked his back pocket and thenr ealized that he did and sighed in relief. He walked with Abbey and blinked a couple of times at the waiter, who seemed to speak English. Thank god. He sat down by Abbey and then looked around the restaurant, to see if anyone else was there. Surprisingly, it was crowded and many people were speaking French at a fast rate, which gave Andrew a slight headache. "I haven't heard so many people talk so fast," he said turning his head back to Abbey "so your a Huffle-I mean badger at school then?" He mentioned badger because of Hufflepuffs mascot, just in case if any Muggles were eavesdropping or not.

He waited patiently for her answer, but a waiter came by and said something in French that Andrew didn't understand. "Um," he said awkwardly, trying to remember something that sounded French "Un Coke pour moi," he said, hoping he said it right "And uhh, Abbey what drink do you want? I'll pay for it."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:11 am

Abbey nodded and laughed. "Yes, I'm a badger." she replied. "Not many of us either." She skimmed over the menu, not able to read most of the French writing. When she found something that looked similar to what would be written as 'salad' in English, she decided to order that and keep it safe; she wouldn't want to accidentally order snails or something.

Finally, the waiter came back by. Unfortunately, this one didn't speak English. "Are you sure you want to pay?" Abbey asked. "I've got plenty of money." Abbey would feel like she was imposing if she let Andrew pay after they had only known each other for thirty minutes.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:07 am

"I'm sure," he said kindly as he gripped onto his menu. He wasn't a perfect gentleman, but he did learn a little from his parents, and that was something very important to them. "I've still got a lot from past events, so I'm good to pay." He scanned the menu, making out some words like escargot and caviar, which didn't seem apetizing to him. He waited for Abbey's order and scanned the menu for something that looked alright. He may as well try a new thing, he thought. "I guess I'll get the pou-let with a side order of...car-ot-te," he said, feeling embarresed, wondering if he said it right. He wondered if Abbey was having such luck trying to find something off the menu.

He set the menu down, and the waiter toke it, nodding, and then turned his head towards Abbey, waiting for her order. Meanwhile, Andrew grabbed his wallet and then began to look into the pouch where he kept his dollar bills. He had about 95 dollars and felt a couple of change in there as well. I'll just use an ATM, if need be, he thought to himself, and then placed it back into his pocket.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:35 am

"Okay." Abbey said. She thought it was quite nice of Andrew to offer to pay for her lunch, saving her money that she could instead spend on souvenirs for herself and Allie. Abbey decided later she would somehow find a way to pay Andrew back.

Once he had ordered, the French waiter turned to Abbey. "The salade, please." she said, making sure it sounded French enough. From what she knew of French, Abbey hopefully hadn't butchered the name too much. The waiter nodded and wrote it down on a small pad of paper before pouring their drinks and then leaving with their orders.

"So, are you in any activites at the school?" she asked, making sure not to mention the name Hogwarts. "Like..." Abbey thought about the best way to put it. "The game with brooms?" she finished.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:44 am

Andrew watched as the waiter diappeared beyond the crowds of other waiters and turned his head back to Abbey. "Yeah, I am actually the Captain for the Lions. It's pretty nice, but stressful really. How about you? Do you play any positions?" He kepts his sight on Abbey and felt himself start to talk on and on again. He hated when he did that. "So I hear the food in France is very good," he said, anticipating the meal that would head towards them soon. he had never dined at a restaurant, such as this before, and he was rather excited.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top