The Manhunt - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Manhunt - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Manhunt

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Manhunt - Page 3 Empty Re: The Manhunt

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:59 am

It is rare that you see a man cry, in fact, some people believe it is almost impossible for men to shed tears- as if they all evaporated when they left their parents’ homes and headed out on their own or something, but that wasn’t the case with Calvin, apparently, because as soon as the young man turned that horrid gun back his way, he just… collapsed. He fell to the ground, still covering his head with his arms, and sobbed for a moment, scared out of his wits, wishing that he could have had a longer life, that he could have accomplished more; he did indeed believe that he was going to die right then and there, and therefore, cared not about what these people thought of him as he wept there in the dirt.

“I don’t know! I don’t know! A man handed me this jacket in the plane and said the AC was cold and that I needed it. Then four men brought me to the wrong address when I asked for help- I don’t want to hurt anyone, I swear,” he replied, his voice shaking as a tear fell from his eyelashes and slipped down his cheek. “Mr. Lestrange told me to come- its my job!” he whimpered, “I make sure muggles don’t lose their memory by coming up with an explanation for any magic they saw wizards performing- its my job! I'm only doing my job,” he repeated.

Well, his tongue sure wasn’t numb anymore; he could speak clearly, even if his voice was shaking as much as he was, his words made sense, and he figured they did because he wanted more than anything to life past this.
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:02 am

Andrew watched as the man began to cry. He obviously wasn't a part of the renegade group of aurors. Andrew, showing a side of pity, holstered his pistol and extended a hand. He still had a straight face and waited for the man. "Come on," he said "we're not going to kill you." Now Andrew felt a large amount of guilt in his body. His anger had made him nearly kill an innocent man, and got 2 people shot. He cursed inside his head at his own mistakes and would make sure it wouldn't happen again.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:20 am

Calvin was silent for a moment, as if making sure that the cost was clear; that he wasn’t going to die. He slowly covered his face with his sleeve, drying it off before picking up his black rimmed spectacles up off of the dirty ground. He slid them up the bridge of his nose and looked up at Mr. Lestrange’s daughter and whoever the other man was, hunched still as he sat there on the ground. He wasn’t sure if he should take the young man’s hand or not; hadn’t he aimed a gun at his head and threatened to kill him only a moment ago?

With caution, Calvin stood and took a few slow steps backwards. He didn’t even bother to pick up his paperwork up off of the ground; all he wanted was to run, run as fast as he possibly could without getting shot or tortured or whatever it was these sadistic children wanted to do to him.

With his hands out in front of him defensively, he stared at the two, hoping more than anything that the Minister’s daughter would just lower her wand and let him run as he pleased. Calvin wanted to go home. He wanted to eat pizza and laugh with his friends and sit In front of a computer all night playing video games until his eyes burned. Calvin Ransom wanted to LIVE.
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:23 am

"Look dude just let us explain okay?" he asked getting in front of Sophias line of fire. This man had obviously just been through a lot. "We're tracking down renegade aurors who killed my brother. You had the jacket that my insider said was the jacket that the man who killed my brother was going to wear." He knew this man wouldn't accept this story and would just leave to go home. "But we need your help. You met these people and you can help me avenge my brother. Besides if you stop these aurors, the minister may have something good for you later on down the road."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:05 pm

Sophia lowered her wand at him but kept it tightly in her hands incase something else happens. "My father ordered you to come here, why to protect me or something?"Sophia asked him softly. As she pointed her wand at Calvin's papers they flew neatly into her hands. "Don't worry, we won't hurt you were just on a mission and like Andrew said your wearing the jacket so we thought you were him."said Sophia softly. "We always been betrayed by our side before as well, so it's hard to trust people but I believe you."said Sophia softly. Sophia looked at Calvin and nodded. " You know, that might be right what Andre just said, daddy might have something good for you in return later down the road especailly if you protect his daughter, so what do you say you in?"Sophia asked him smiling.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:40 pm

The fact that these two weren’t going to kill him hadn’t actually set in yet, and it was clear by the way Calvin took his papers in his arms- which Sophia had collected for him –and hugged the paperwork to his chest once more. “I wasn’t sent here to protect anyone except for a young muggle who lives at this address…” Calvin replied, handing Sophia the slip of paper, but as soon as he handed the address to the girl, he realized what exactly his job had gotten him involved in, “Oh…” Calvin mumbled. He stood there and thought about that for a moment, about the Minister, about his own job, about being lied to, and about dying; it was a terrible mixer of thoughts, that was for sure, and Calvin usually wasn’t the type of person to think of anything so negative.

After a moment, Calvin had found a bright side to look at; if he had been given the wrong address in order for there to be a Ministry worker there with the Minister’s daughter, than that meant that the Minister had to have at least a little faith in him. That thought filled Calvin with joy, and even in the middle of such a dangerous situation, he couldn’t hide the smile that was tugging at the ends of his lips. Of course, he was probably the one who was sent because the others were busy, but the thought never crossed Calvin’s mind.

“Alright, I’ll do it,” Calvin replied with pride, though if put in a situation where he had to protect anyone later on, he would probably just make a run for it; Calvin wasn’t the best at dueling, in fact, it surprised him that he was still alive.

(Could that be counted as god-modding, Matt? If so, I apologize)
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:06 pm

Andrew looked at at the man and then nodded. "Welcome to the team," he said and then held out his hand to shake it. He realized now they had a lot of work to do. If they knew they were hunting them, they would try to hunt them back as well, but only in small ambushes. They needed a new plan. Would they need to lure them out? Or would they trying raiding a place? Either way seemed impossible at this point.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Thornburg Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:42 am

(( i miss a lot, what happening?))
Harry Thornburg
Harry Thornburg

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:13 am

((long story. Just go with it.))
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:09 am

10 Hours Later...

Andrew sat on top of a building nearly passing out. It was 11 Pm and he had been sitting on top of a building near the airport for hours now. He looked through his binoculars keeping an eye out for any large group of people huddled together. He wasn't going to let the small event a couple of hours ago go unanswered. The sniper that had tried to kill Andrew and Sophia had told them that his boss was going to meet a couple of people trying to get himself a medal for killing Thompson. Too bad it didn't work. He adjusted the view and swore under his breath as he couldn't find him.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum