N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 10 - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 10 - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 10

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 10

Post by James William Wilson Fri May 07, 2010 9:53 pm

''Morning Miss Traverse.'', he said with a smile. ''And now, to the Gunpowder Plot that is planning my assassination and it really is a coincidence that both King James, who was the original target, and I share the same name, stop it. Fawkes was unsuccessful and so are you, but you have been busted long before he was. Since I taught Muggle Studies, and since you haven't taken my class, you shall have a special homework assignment. Diggory, or better to say, Fawkes, and Fey... minimum 5 paragraphs about the Gunpowder Plot of 1605 and the unsuccessful assassination attempt on King James. And no, I am not kidding. You will get a T if you do not write it until Monday. Now... what does Fiendfyre do?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Fey Potter Fri May 07, 2010 10:41 pm

Belle raised one brow. "And what exactly has that to do with anything Professor? Nothing was said or done to earn a punishment, how can you just dish them out? I do not take Muggle Studies and there for haven't a bloody clue as to what you are talking about."

Belle would not write an essay that she had not earned. Punish her for something that she had done and she would accept it...pull something out of your rear and well...Belle's anger was beginning to break free from the leash she used to keep it in check.
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Number of posts : 780
Special Abilities : Speaking to Animals, Animagus (Black Wolf)

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Fri May 07, 2010 10:59 pm

''Well, you have encyclopedias Fey, I am certain that you know what they are and what they are used for. Big books, lots of letters and words. It has nothing to do with the subject yes, but it will still earn you a big nasty T if you do not write it. Simple as that. It is up to you, but remember, I want that essay until Monday, if I do not get it, T-time.'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Fey Potter Sat May 08, 2010 12:14 am

Belle bit her lip to keep from retorting back. She was well aware of what a book was, why must he always lead to insults? Did he sit around all bloody day and think them up? She took a deep breath. "Yes Sir, I will have it to you then."

She had not busted her butt off to get a T, that was for damned sure.
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sat May 08, 2010 12:34 am

Sophia didn't say a word as she remained writing the notes from the board in her neat elegant writing for she didn't want to cause any trouble. Not to mention she didn't want to write a minimum of 5 paragraphs about the Gunpowder Plot of 1605 and the unsuccessful assassination attempt on King James. Of course she knew about seeing how she was half muggle but she didn't want to waster her time writing a stupid report over King James." Fiendfyre also known as cursed fire is a type of fire made from Dark Magic. It is very powerful, as it cannot be put out by Aguamenti or any normal type of water, but is very difficult for the caster to control.

Fiendfyre initially appears a roaring, billowing noise and gives its victims only a moment's warning. Its flames are of abnormal size and take the shape of monsters and beasts, such as Snakes, Chimaeras, and dragons, continuously mutating. It appears to have enough consciousness to actually follow its intended victims. The fire will pursue nearby lifeforms as if it were alive itself, sentient, even the one who conjured it if they lack control. The fire will also pursue anything it can burn for more fuel and seems to incinerate anything through mere contact."
said Sophia softly
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sat May 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Mariana raised an eyebrow at Professor Wilson who seemed to be giving her a punishment in homework. Like that ever concerned her. Jerk i used to be best at that class..And i have a grandpa muggle... she thought not looking irritated at all. After all doing homework to shut Professor's big mouth up was her biggest satisfaction. "I can start talking now about it if you like Professor if you want. I am surprise you even know who was King James.." she said rooling her eyes waiting for Sophia to finish her thought before she spoke up.

[[OOC:This means RP for me & Belle yay!]]
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat May 08, 2010 9:52 pm

''And that's 10 points from Hufflepuff, bravo Miss Diggory! I shan't quarrel with you about my knowledge of the Gunpowder Plot and King James, that would be infantile and stupid. I just want you to know that you have until Monday to present me with your essays about the Gunpowder Plot. And yes, they have to be different. If I see even one sentence equal, you both fail, so better watch out. And that is it! Now, good answer Minister's Daughter and 10 points for my House. Pretty eloquent!'', he said.

He then stood up and took his wand. He made a whirling hand gesture and looked at his wand. ''Fiendfyre'', he said. Suddenly, out of his wand, appeared a large, fiery Owl. It was the same shape as his Patronus, something he had practiced. The Owl made a loud screech, spread its wings and started flying around, under Wilson's control. He then opened one of the windows wandlessly and non-verbally, sending the Owl outside. Soon, the effect wore out and it disappeared.

''And that is Fiendfyre!'', he said, looking in the direction of the opened window. ''Rather complex that spell is and a lot of training it requires. But, I presume that you are all able to cast a small or medim size one, which is what I want you to do. You have that open window and you have your wands. I want you to cast Fiendfyre, small or medium, and then control its movement and send it out of the window. Be careful, if it backfires, I will not be the one to blame. I will make sure you get a proper funeral and a passing grade in DADA, though. That also applies for your friends. Now, you can begin.'', he said, returning to his desk.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Sat May 08, 2010 10:17 pm

Now, wasn't that an interesting task. Professor Wilson seemed to get more imaginative every class. The best part of it was that this spell was, in a way, forbidden. He took his wand and pointed it at the air. He whirled his hand briefly and exclaimed: ''Fiendfyre''.

Fire started to emerge from his wand, and a wolf, a pretty large one (since he had practiced this spell with Wilson long before, which is why he could conjure a completely normal Fiendfyre, both in size and power) showed itself. It howled, loudly one time and Arthur made it run through the classroom for a brief period of time, being careful not to destroy anything. Then, he let the wolf go out through the window, putting his wand back into his robe. He wad done.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Fey Potter Sun May 09, 2010 1:37 am

(Yay! I am up for it Mari!)

Belle didn't like this one bit. Sure it was exciting, but she was tired of going home from this class beaten up...and she prayed she would not go back this time dead.

"Okay, here goes. It's just a spell." She said quietly to herself. She concentrated on her wand and her task, nothing else. There was room for nothing else...

"Fiendfyre." She said and watched as a medium sized ball of flame appeared, she had had not practice with it before and was rather proud of herself as she made it bounce along and out the window. "There, I am done Professor." She said.
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon May 10, 2010 8:52 pm

"I didn't say anything..." Mariana muttered not being bothered to state that what she said was a simple comment so she prefered to turn back to the class. This spell was not one of her favourites. She remembered using it making her blood boil in her veins like an anger that was about to explode. "FiendFyre!" she called out after accepting the fact she couldn't skip this one. A golden phoenix covered in flames got out of her wand. The spell was a bit clumsy though a success.

It made her remember how much did she fear fire though that was the last thing Professor was worried about. She moved her wand around making the phoenix fly out of the window after leaving a fine trace of smog to make them loose their breath.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top