Basic Level - Lesson 9 - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Basic Level - Lesson 9 - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Basic Level - Lesson 9

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Basic Level - Lesson 9 - Page 2 Empty Re: Basic Level - Lesson 9

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:16 pm

Miseria walked into the classroom, ignoring the question what Wilson had asked. No, she hasn't been in Greece. Basically. Or maybe she was, but she couldn't see anything because at the time, she was in her mother's belly? Holding back the need to roll her eyes, she sat on her place, took her wand and books out, and placed all of them on the table.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Potter1 Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Lily knew she was a tad late but she entered the Defense against the Dark arts room with a spring in her step like always. She placed herself down and pulled out her supplies copying what was on the board and hoping that her late arrival wouldn't be questioned. Or that she'd be questioned in general. It wasn't that she sucked at the subject, she just disliked showing off knowledge she may or may not posess.
Lily Potter1
Lily Potter1

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:02 pm

Derek raised his hand in order to give response to Wilson's question not waiting for the go ahead since he assumed he didn;t need it. "I've been in Greece Professor a couple of years ago, And if you mean chimaera if i am not mistaken she or it was a mythological creature from ancient Greece." he replied wondering if Professor asked for defintion though he didn't remember it so he shut his mouth down.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:45 pm

''No, Delacour, I meant plane old chickens.... of course I meant a Chimaera. And a Manticore, which fits into the same category. So, two mythological, but still living creatures, classified under the most dangerous category by the Ministry of Magic itself. You will not learn nor see these creatures in your Care of Magical Creatures classes, but I myself am crazy enough to smuggle two cubs, one of each, into the classroom. Be careful, they are dangerous and illegally here. So... just do not cause a havoc. Wake, Delacour, Nye, Lewellyn and Potter you form one group. Your task will be to deal with the Chimaera. An extremely dangerous animal which you will only be able to defeat using your powers TOGETHER! You have to immobilize it, but be careful, it is immune to most of the easy spells you have been taught so far so, combine. And, watch out for the tail... it does bite. The rest, Dawn, Weasley, Phoenix and Manson... you take the Manitcore on. Same rules apply.... work TOGETHER and watch out for the tail. And yes... do not kill them. If you kill them, I will sell you to the Greeks that have smuggled the animal for me. The point of today's lesson is to get acquainted with the most twisted creatures that dwell our world, to learn how to act like a group and, finally, to learn how to defend oneself from dangerous creatures. Now, commence.'', he said, releasing the two beasts from their cages.

(NOTE: Deadline is Saturday. You can RP the creatures and to be constructive. You pass if you post a spell, and your passing grade will depend on the creativity, idea and team work. Who does not post, fails.)
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:53 pm

Aurora looked at the creature. She had heard of these while she was reading one day, but she didnt know what its weakness is. She pointed her wand at it and said "Stupefy!" She didnt talk much with her group but she listened alot.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:51 am

How naive. If such a simple spell could've done the work, then the professor would not have mentioned the Difficulty of the challenge. James quickly pulled the third year Griffindor, away from the creature, as it seemed to cringe and snarl in response to the measly stunning spell. His alchemic arm was probably ice cold in its leather glove, but James paid it no mind.
James' mind flooded with options. How would he distract the creature? His eyes bored into the creatures. The snake-like tail hissed as it drew into striking position. James had this feeling that both the ends of the creature were equally dangerous, and, thinking back to his learning, James knew of one way to deal with the creature. James motioned to the others to surround the creature while he kept it pre-occupied.

He held his wand up to his lips, swaying the "flute" in a cyllindrical motion. The snake's eyes seemed to widen, hissing ever more cautiously.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:21 am

Aurora watched for a bit. She then had an idea. "james. Let me distract it" she whispered in his ear.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:10 am

"Aurora, I need you to work with the others on this one." James' eyes did not leave the snake's. It was a trick he had seen practiced numerous times. The Indian fluteplayers were using the natural predatory instincts of the snakes to distract them from the target. "The moment the snake head sees me shift, it will be alerted to everything else," he added in explanation.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:23 am

"let me distract it! i dont like working with others... please..." Aurora was trady. She didnt care about what would happen, She wanted to distract it.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Miseria stood up, looking for a moment at the professor and then at her team. At least there was Abbey, her housemate, with who she was in Potter's Army. Therefor, she didn't even know what to do with the Manticore. With a body of a lion, human's head, three rows of sharp teeth and a tail, which belonged to a scorpion or a dragon, but she couldn't see the part of it.
It is really a shame to harm him. He's so pretty.. she thought, looking around at her teammates. But then she just pulled out her wand from her pocket and stepped closer to the creature. Now, how would she distract him, so that the others could make him harmless?
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top