The Second Task - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Second Task - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Second Task

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Second Task - Page 2 Empty Re: The Second Task

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:54 pm

According to Matt I'm doing it now and the sub-forums have changed so I have my own bit to post in. I was just a little peeved that I wasn't sort of asked beforehand. I was told I had to do it so I panicked as I haven't exactly been following the tournament. I was just double-checking on a few things that weren't made clear.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:27 pm

Alright, so Darren has said we are not doing the badger thing. So Amelia, yes you will have to redo your task. There is no badger. Someone edited Darrens post, we are not doing the badger. So everyone who has written their task with the badger, sorry, you're going to have to rewrite it. Darren is busy and hasn't told me what we're doing instead so I'll just put the task on hold until we know. Sorry everyone for the inconvenience, Eli has replaced Ami yes. Ami dropped out of the task, and Mari I'll take over the task. Darren is using me to communicate as he can't get on PA. So the task is on hold for now. And I asked Eli now and he has agreed to do this task!

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:33 pm

I talked to Darren today and the Badger is OK. He left me in charge of the tasks, I should have that in the archive. Amelia has already written a brilliant post with it and it would be silly for her to redo it.

Also, edit so that I can see the tasks... as the judge. I have created the task, I have been a key part in creating it and Darren told me that I can give the guidelines, which means that the Badger stays. The concept Darren wrote was pretty confusing... (three parts, how can you write three parts with nothing to write about in parts) and you do not have to put the task on hold, just let them do it with the guidelines I have given them
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:46 pm

I talked to Darren 5 minutes ago and he said that they weren't and never were. And You should be able to see the tasks, permissions were fixed! All Darren told me was we aren't doing the badger and to tell you (and Mari) to quit beings such an idiot!

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:54 pm

I can see it now, thanks :-D He is offline, at least here by me. But, never mind that. You have seen what I have written you with him saying it is fine... I cannot forge that. For the time being, seeing that Amelia has already written her post, we should leave everything as it is and let the task continue and then organize/fight/kill each other/call names on the third task. This one has already begun and it would be silly to put it on hold, since we are already late, and edit everything all over again. You can tell him that :-D
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:58 pm

Yes, but he told me directly that we aren't going to do the badger task. I know Amelia has already written her task but she is going to have to rewrite it. Unless Darren says otherwise we aren't doing this damn badger thing! I won't put it on hold but I know we are NOT doing the badger thing for the seventh time! (I think its 7)

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:56 am

Someone please let me know when you have all figured out this nonsense. I will say, though, that I think it would be an incredible waste for me to have to rewrite my entire post because the people in charge of the tournament were not all on the same page. I am already wildly behind with posting with everyone else I have RPs with at the moment because of this tournament and I'm not sure I would be very much in the mood for writing a new one. I just don't think it is fair to punish me by making me write an entirely new post just because there was a miscommunication.

I am the only one to have posted in the tasks so far, so if we went along with the Badger idea no one would be punished. If we change it entirely, I have to dedicate an equal if not greater amount of time to writing an entirely new post, and to be honest, with finals coming up, I am not sure I have that kind of time without letting all my other roleplays suffer. I'm just trying to lay things out for all of you from my point of view. Of course, you will have the final say, but this is where I stand on this.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:27 am

Well, Darren has agreed and then, in a very savage way, denies all of that, although I have written proof of him agreeing to the Badger a couple of times. But, just in case he still wants to act like Hitler... I would suggest the following.

Amelia, who has already written her first task, should be allowed to keep it and not to edit anything. She has already posted following the guidelines Darren himself approved until a few hours ago :-S She should be allowed to keep that post and continue working on the task with it and the others should have the option of using or not using the Badger. For Peter's sake, this is an RP, a Harry Potter RP and I do not know why we have all of this mess because of one Badger, which is a great addition, I might add. This is an RP, people should be allowed to use their creativity and imagination and they should not be restricted with such sill details. I am for the Badger to stay, of course, but if he is, although I have written permission that he isn't, still against it, we could make him optional... whoever wants to use him can, and whoever does not, does not have to. Simple as that. I think it is unfair to restrict people who may want to use him, or who have already used him.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:30 pm

I hate being called an idiot or play a role of pigeon messenger i am not. If Darren was okay with it what's with the sudden change of mind? I mean seriously you only made Amelia waste time writing her novel task and mine editting the guideness topics like i don't already have what to do.
But anyway just do as you please i don't think my opinon counts anyway and next time i'll just wait for Darren to send me a message if he needs something. Oh and i forgat you wasted Wilson's time aswell making him write the guideness which was not going to be used anyway.. Rolling Eyes

Oh yeah Eli i just remembered Matt told me about that. I read so much things that hardly some stay in my head nowdays. Sorry about that.. Very Happy
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:13 pm

And Making me devise the whole task... I have been asked first about my ideas regarding the task, and these are those ideas, but... as you can all see...
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top