NEWT Class One - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

NEWT Class One - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

NEWT Class One

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEWT Class One - Page 3 Empty Re: NEWT Class One

Post by Belle Fey Potter Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:37 am

Belle smiled, "You bet Mari." She put her own wand into the holster on her thigh. "This should bring back memories of childhood as well. My Father perfered us to learn how to do things the muggle way before the wizard way. And living on a horse ranch and then with an herbalist, well you tend to pick up a few things."
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Number of posts : 780
Special Abilities : Speaking to Animals, Animagus (Black Wolf)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:02 pm

Mariana made herself more comftable by taking her cloak off knowing it will only disturb her hunt. "I knew you would say yes sis...So do we wait for you to release them Professor i mean Remy or we start digging? Oh and remind me to listen to you since i don't have expirience with these guys." she said making a question for Professor and advising Belle at same time which was kind of confusing. Sis?I called her sis? Oh well it was about time.. she thought for herself.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Remy Devaul Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:21 am

While the students busied themselves with awkwardly choosing a partner, Remy started taking a few of the items out of the crate which held the supplies. There were an assortment of tools, mostly things she had brought with her when she last moved – she moved a lot, so there wasn’t much. Remy wasn’t great with a wand, but she was good with tools and with her hands, so these were the things she brought with her when she changed towns. There were not always men around on which she could leech, but there was always something that needed fixing and someone who didn’t know how to do it themselves.

Seeing that Mariana and Belle had partnered themselves, Remy did not wait for the other two students to take the same initiative. “Mr. Night, Miss Eplee, you will be partners. Ms. Potter and Miss Diggory, I see you have already found each other. I would advise you to develop some sort of plan of attack, but it seems we are running short on time for the class, so perhaps spontaneity will have to serve you in this instance,” Remy instructed with a small smirk, knowing that spontaneous was not always in the vocabulary of Hogwarts students, or at least it hadn’t been when she went to school here. Far too many straight-laced students with more interest in their future than in fun.

And with that, Remy placed the toe of her work boot against the clasp on the clear plastic box which held the Billywigs, who had clearly sensed something was afoot and were now swarming agitatedly. With a quick flick of her toe the clap was undone and the lid thrown back, allowing the swarm to be released into the air, their hum no longer deafened by the layer of plastic separating them from the students.

"Begin!" Remy shouted over the buzz, her eyes following the motion of the insects for a moment before darting back to the reactions of her students.

Remy took a few steps back, both to give the students more room and to give the impression that she needed to avoid the Billywigs. She really had nothing to worry about, though, because Billywigs could only act on emotions which already existed, meaning they could only make you happier if you knew what it was to be happy. Remy, with her particular…. condition, had no such worries. Instead, she merely watched for the responses of her students as the blue insects took to the sky and began to dominate the space in which they stood.
Remy Devaul
Remy Devaul
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 535

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:32 pm

[[OOC: I don't really catch that thing with emotions, but anyway..]]

Mariana would have prefered if Belle had started to lead the way instead of her because she seemed to have more expirience with these guys then herself. Without a wand it was hard to think how to avoid the effect of Billywig. "Just a question Professor are Billiwigs friendly creatures?" she asked stepping back trying to stay very still untill she would figure out what do do next. Now it was hard to even see the Billiwigs flying around though she had no idea what to do looking at Belle for an idea.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Remy Devaul Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:00 pm

((If you read Remy’s bio it will make more sense))

The students were slow to begin their task, which was unsurprising considering Remy was quite sure it was the only one of its kind they had ever encountered while at Hogwarts. Remy could remember her own years at Hogwarts – they weren’t that long ago, yet – and this type of opportunity had never been given to her. If it had, she might have actually been able to shine on her own abilities, rather than leeching of those students who were handy with a wand or walking encyclopedias of spells.

In her hesitation, Mariana Diggory had asked a question which, to Remy, seemed completely unimportant. Of what interest were the personality traits of a creature you were trying to catch? But teachers were not meant to unload on their students with sarcasm – at least not those teachers who were meant to make good with the students so they could report to their head-death-eater boss – and so Remy smiled just so, almost a smirk but not quite, before answering smoothly.

“Well if by friendly you mean that they want to be close to you,” Remy said impishly, “Then yes, they are quite friendly. But I’m not sure how much you would want to make friends with a creature with a sting like they’ve got. Though after they’ve struck, you are much more likely to display the friendliness you inquired about.”
Remy Devaul
Remy Devaul
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:59 am

[[Actually i meant with Billywigs affecting emotions..]]

"No that's not excatly what i meant. Will they attack me for no reason or i can catch them by being friendly to them?" Mariana explained more correctly her last statement looking around knowing released Billywigs were somewhere around flying. She would see their trail every few moments though they were too quick to catch with her hand. Air was full of billywigs, but Mariana had no idea where to turn. She caught her hand and quickly started catching out through air though without her wand it was too hard to think of what to do. "Don't understand Professor if i touch them they will struck me without a wand.." she commented trying to scan for a billywig or two.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Remy Devaul Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:45 am

((Billywigs make you happy if they sting you. They have the overwhelming effect of elating their victims))

Mariana’s incessant questioning and panicked look were beginning to annoy Remy, but she wasn’t about to let on. She was not unaware of it either, though, and she made a mental note of the girl’s relative inability to be a productive member of the class or an asset to her partner who, albeit, wasn’t do much of anything either. It was a shame, with such a promising last name, but sometimes the apple does fall fairly far from the tree.

“Miss Diggory, I think you will learn far more from the practical lesson than from questions. We as human beings learn best by doing, which is the very reason why I designed this lesson today. The nets and other materials are provided to you as a means of catching the Billywigs without having to touch them with your hands, if that is the approach you wish to take,” Remy instructed, keeping her voice level and blocking out any hint of annoyance or lack of patience. She was well practiced in pretending.

“You cannot be afraid to make mistakes,” Remy instructed the class as a whole, though it was mostly in respond to Mariana’s comment, “We learn much more from our failures than our successes. The hospital staff has kindly provided me the antidote to the Billywig sting, so if you are to be stung, the effects will be only temporary,” she added as a means of calming the obvious nerves of her students, who were doing more cowering than catching at the moment.
Remy Devaul
Remy Devaul
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:12 pm

[[OOC:LoL okay caught it..]]

Mariana felt rather weird trying to catch something she couldn't really see. Okay so maybe she could, but it would dissappear before she had time to even move her hand. More or less she understood what was she supposed to do and if she was teamed alone that wouldn't bother her too much. Sighing in and out for a moment she grabbed the first usable item from the box which were nets and walked back to find a billywig. She felt one approaching too close to her like it was going to strike her down so she quickly turned back and caught her hand flying through the air with nets in it missing the billywig for an inch. But billywigs were not excatly easy to surrender so she could sense it coming back before she quickly flicked with the nets catching one for his tiny wing. "That is so disgusting!" she commented keeping her hand strecthed not sure what was she supposed to do with it. "Sneaky little fellow.." she said as she walked towards the plastic box or whatever it was putting it inside not sure if she just got lucky. "Well that's one. I suppose i just have a million more.." she said returning to the point where she caught this billywig searching for more..
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Fey Potter Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:57 pm

(OOC: Sorry been away for a bit, back now.)

Belle had noticed the sis part on Mari's behalf and it warmed her to know that she was being accepted by Andrian's family and nothing could make her happier. She had then listened to Mari and Remy before going about her task.

Belle had grabbed a draw string pouch that she had found and in the supplies and took out some sweets she had in one of her pants pockets after having removed her robes and stuck them in her mouth to get the slick and put these into the bottom of the pouch. The sweet smell of lemon filled the air and she held very still as some of the insects began to get interested in the sweet aroma.

She breathed softly as a few crawled on her arm and began inspecting the pouch, she still did not fully move until the two insects had fully gone into the bottom of the bag before moving and pulling the strings closed. She smiled in triumph and turned to Mari.

"My Gramps always said that the easiest way to catch somethin' is ta entice it with somethin' sweet." She said.
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Number of posts : 780
Special Abilities : Speaking to Animals, Animagus (Black Wolf)

Back to top Go down

Post by Remy Devaul Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:17 am

Remy watched as Mariana finally began to take her advice, ending her incessant barrage of questions. It was harder being a professor than she would have thought it would be. Remy had anticipated this job being a breeze; how difficult could it be? She had plenty of practice pretending to be something she was not, and she put up with plenty of annoying individuals because they offered her something she needed. Students should have been easy.

But as it turns out, pretending is much harder when there is nothing in it for you.

The in-class challenge, though, was enough of a distraction for the students to keep them going without much direction from her. Watching their interactions and means of dealing with an unfamiliar task would give her the insight she needed to give the beginnings of a report to Sandra. Knowing their alliances would be useful later on if and when she needed to bring a few of them into the fold.

“Good job girls,” Remy approved of Mariana and Belle, surprisingly impressed by the new Miss Potter's ingenuity with the candy. Apparently Remy wasn’t the only one who knew you caught more rich men… ahem, Billywigs with honey than with vinegar.

“The rest of you have a lot of work to do!” Remy shouted to the stragglers, beginning to wonder if her hopes of competition sparking ingenuity were misplaced, “You have ten minutes remaining!”
Remy Devaul
Remy Devaul
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top