The Cracked Twilight - Page 15
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Cracked Twilight - Page 15 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Cracked Twilight

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Cracked Twilight - Page 15 Empty Re: The Cracked Twilight

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:06 am

"I'm glad to see you," Robert said to Jen. "Jennifer Dent, this is Steven Walker and his son, John. Steven, Jen is Khaat's sister in law, and I trust her. The farm has been under attack for at least two days. Khaat has been wounded badly twice. She was hit with a cruciatus yesterday. I am pretty sure I got rid of all of that. But today, she went out to resolve it, and returned almost cut in half from a sectumsempra. Your niece is in a great deal of distress.

"And, as if that isnt bad enough, our enemy appears to be the American government. I'm afraid Britain may have just declared war again on America. Are you in on helping us rid the world of some very crooked wizards? I definately will need some fire power with this one. Steven, I need you here keeping John hidden. And I don't know if Khaat will rally in time to go with us. I really could use you, Jen."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:12 am

Cordell sighed he wanted his chance to get back at the men who had attacked his family , he nodded to Jen "maam " was all he said "I understand Robert but wish i could do more" he looked across at him "I'd like to teach those guys somthing about messing wih a walker " his voice cold and hard as he held John close to his side "Dad?" he said Cordell looked down and smiled "don't wory i'm stayin here with you, just speacking my mind tis all" he said. He could see the worried look on Johns face "there not gonna get you again, ever "
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Weasley Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:20 am

“Sounds like you’ve all had fun.” Jen stated blandly. “I took out two but there didn’t seem to be any more.” She shrugged and sat down. She was tired now. “Explain to me again why it’s always the bloody Lupin family in the midst of everything? I mean, did Remus curse you all before Bella offed him?” she asked, wondering why it was always them. She yawned and threw her legs over the arm of the chair and leaned against the pillows. “I say we go there and wipe ‘em all out. It can’t be hard, honestly. The American’s have their heads in the clouds. I wouldn’t take me two hours. Hell, they probably wouldn’t even notice.” Jen smirked and nodded to the man. “Hey.”
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 401
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency, Memory Manipulation, Non-Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:29 am

"Oh, there are no more--for the moment," Robert laughed. "There are far more where those came from. They've been coming off and on for a couple of days now. Myself, I'm all for going and just massacre-ing the lot of them. Well, the crooked ones anyway. Here's the file. There's a list of names here that go a mile long and far deeper into the American 'ministry', if you will, than you can possibly imagine. Might take you a bit longer than two hours. Maybe three. Or--I can go with you, we can off them, and then go out for a pint and call it a good day's work. But I do suggest you read the file first so you know what we're up against.

"But in answer to your question why always Lupins? Well, Remus established a name for us inadvertently as famous, as 'champions of justice'," the title rolled off Robert's tongue with a tinge of bitterness to his voice. "I would have preferred not having either moniker myself. That has made us enemies of every dark lighter since just by virtue of who they think we are. Its been nothing but trouble since. After a point, I suppose we came to be what Remus thought we should be just to survive.

And Khaat, hell, she just is an adrenalin junkie. She did not get that from me or her mother. Somehow she got that purely from Remus. That and she really did take Remus's lessons about fighting for the right thing much too much to heart. She's a true warrior. When she was a little girl, she hung on very word she ever heard him speak. They were inseparable. I've never seen anybody love someone as much as she loved him. I do believe that is the part of her that still scares the living daylights out of your brother, much as I know he loves her. She wouldn't know how to back down from a fight if she didn't have one single odd of coming out alive. I know. I've seen her do it. But she is trying to change that. Really and truly.

And as for your niece there, she is either firmly protected somehow by her mother, or she is going to be an incredibly powerful child with the combination of Dent and Lupin blood. I'm beginning to think it is the latter. She has been through more, in utero, than most wizards are exposed to in their entire lives, and it does not appear to have harmed her one bit from what I can tell. Although, I must say, she is quite unhappy with her mother right at the moment. Not that I blame her. If Abbey somehow gets your love of danger, and Khaat's need to pursue it, then Rob will have his hands full with that child indeed--especially if it combines itself with his love of mischief making. At this point, I'm consoling myself with hoping she will inherit an ounce of my common sense to temper all that just a little so she doesn't need a whole herd of nannies to keep her out of trouble.."

Last edited by Robert Lupin on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:41 am; edited 3 times in total

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:36 am

Walker listened to her and rolled his eyes and chuckled " typical " he said softly that and John chuckle too "now you want to food?" he asked John who nodded then looked at Robert befor walking over to him "sir thankyou " he said with a smile before returning to his dad "ok , ya got ice cream?" he asked .Cordell chuckled "yea i think they have " he looked from Jen to Robert and back and shok his head as he led him out teh door and onto the kitchen.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:47 am

Khaat woke slowly. She felt like she had had the stuffings kicked right out of her. She felt like there was a rope tight around her neck, and then she realized she still had her cloak fastened around her neck. She weakly tried to reach up to unfasten it. "Oh, I'll get that. Sorry," Robert said quickly. He unfastened the cloak and drew it off her shoulders. She was a bloody mess.

"A sectumsempra, huh?" he asked her. "You would have to come back to me almost in two pieces. And don't think you're going to bounce back up for the moment. That's two lifethreatening injuries in two days. You really do have to give it a rest now. if for no other reason than Abbey. "

Khaat looked over and saw Jen. "Oh, hi," Khaat said. "This is a fine mess you walked into the middle of. Sorry, Jen. I guess I knew something like this has been coming for weeks, since Walker came conscious. But I was hoping we could postpone it awhile." Then she looked at her father, "I'm fine, Daddy, thanks to you. I just have a headache."

Robert didn't reply, sighing heavily. He went over and laid his hand on her forehead. "Small wonder," he sighed softening. "I really do not want to lose you, Khaat. The next time you go taking on the American government or something else as insane, do let someone go with you. You know better. I know better than to tell you not to go. I probably would have gone too at some point or another. But two wizards are almost always better than one. You realize you left some tasks undone."

"I know," she groaned. "Damn it. I hadn't counted on the second man coming in to use that sectumsempra. I had to bail after that."

"And a bloody good choice that was, too, or you'd have bled to death," Robert said, "As it is, here's the plan. Jen and I are going to hop over to Washington and finish that housecleaning you started. You are going to stay here and see if you can get Abbey out of her mood..."

"She's in a mood?" Khaat frowned. Frustrated, Robert waved his hand over Khaat quickly. "Bloody block," he cursed. "If Rob gets pissed off by realizing how ticked Abbey is, then he'll just have to live with it. There. It's gone. Now. Pay attention to your daughter. Somehow that block affected you too. You weren't sensing her anymore either. And you're a better healer than that." Khaat felt instantly a deep cold foreboding chill as she was again able to feel the severe distress and alarm Abbey was feeling. She was hoping that wouldn't bring Rob running. But her father was not apt to put the block back in place again. She knew better than to ask. "Get the picture now?" Robert glared at her.

"I'm just going to get out of these ruined clothes," she said softly, getting up, deliberately leaving her wands in plain sight on the bed so that he would know she had no intention of going anywhere. He said nothing as she grabbed a change of clothes from her closet and went into the bathroom, closing the door.

Last edited by Khaat Dent on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:14 am

"While you'r e reading," Robert redirected his attention back to Jen. " I have to come up with at least one more wizard to help protect the farm. Steven needs to have his eyes on that boy. He's being used as the pawn in this thing. That's going to leave Steven's hands full. And Khaat won't be in any condition to defend the farm by herself. Katherine has gone for the day, and I don't know if I can reach her. " He opened Khaat's nightstand drawer and took out a picture of Remus and put it in his jacket pocket. He went out to the portrait. "Remus, keep an eye on Khaat. If anything goes wrong, you'll have to come get me through the smaller copy of the portrait in my pocket. I have no other choice," Robert told the image in the portrait.

"I understand," the Remus image replied. "Don't worry, Brother. I taught her well."

"That's debateable," Robert said softly under his breath.

"I heard that," Remus taunted. "She was 16 when I left, I didn't get to finish the job."

"No excuse! No excuse whatsoever, and you know it! You only had 2 more years til she graduated, Just when were you planning on giving her the voice of reason? Oh, listen to me, arguing with a portrait," Robert sighed, "Just do as I ask, would you please?"

"Certainly, dear brother," Remus smiled, a hint of enjoyment in his voice.

"That artist always did paint in a bit too much mischief in that portrait to suit me," Robert sighed. He looked at Jen. "Would you like a shot of firewhiskey before we go? I believe I might. Just for the hell of it. And seeing as they are obviously ready for us now." He went over to a cabinet in Khaat's sitting room and drew out a bottle of firewhiskey and two glasses. He poured two glasses and handed one to Jen. He set the bottle on the end table between us. "This lot ought to give Matt Lestrange something to do, repairing relations between us and the colonists." He drank his firewhiskey in one shot. He did like that he always bought the best. It was always so much smoother than that crap one found at the pubs. He hated the pub brand that was usually dirtier, edgyier. He preferred the mellow smoothness of a good brewmaster's hand that caused the fire to burn, as its name suggested, all the way down and then some. Not just looking like a clone of muggle whiskey. And, when there was no danger, he would sometimes drink just enough that the fire started to seep back up into his brain, signalling it was just enough. Getting plastered didn't interest him much anymore But sometimes just the burn of a good firewhiskey at the back of his brain somehow eased the painful memories or regrets he himself sometimes could bring forward into remembrance.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:54 pm

While her father and Jen read and planned, Khaat took a shower to clean off the blood. She stood in the shower for a long moment and had a good cry. She rarely ever cried, and she certainly never exposed anyone to it. She didnt' want Rob knowing how dangerously close she was to miscarrying with Abbey, but he would undoubtedly know now, and she hoped it didn't bring him running back in panic--again. But the block was gone. Father/Daughter bond re-established, and Abbey was in distress. She'd be complaining loudly to Rob. There was no escape from that. And now, for the first time, she felt it herself. If it had been anyone else, she'd have them in St. Mungos on absolute bedrest, and she knew it. Her father was merely appeasing her to keep from upsetting her any further. RIght now, she felt like hell. And that, she decided was the reason she desperately missed Rob. But it was what it was. She pulled up her resolve, dried her tears, and stepped out of the shower.

She put on a pair of old, soft, wellworn jeans, and a an old soft pastel plaid flannel shirt, and a pair of socks. Her father would recognize those clothes straight off as what she always chose when she either didn't feel well or just wanted some comfort. He'd nearly gotten sick of seeing them during her self imposed exile during the years she hid herself away at the farm. But he hadn't seen them for a long time now. Maybe he wouldn't mind this once. She ran a comb through her now clean but wet hair and decided to leave it wet. She just didn't care.

She finally came out, feeling cleaner. She saw her father looking at her clothes. Understanding the drill, he picked up her favorite knit blanket, made by her mother from soft ivory yarn, and laid it on her bed. That was the next thing she always sought out. "Do I have to give you instructions?" he asked her quietly.

"No," she said softly. He left the room for a brief moment and brought her back a large mug of his herbal teas. She knew it would have potions in it to ease Abbey's distress. He had also either changed into or had transfigured his clothes to his black travelling clothes and had armed himself with two wands. He had his cloak over his arm.. He picked up the black sock of Rob's that Khaat had made into a portkey, detecting it easily. "You're getting into a rut making your portkeys," he remarked, "That poor boy is going to put on his socks and end up in either Texas or Washington." "No," Khaat insisted, "These are the misfits that their mates have gone missing. The texas sock is a white tube sock." Robert shook his head, laughing. "Do try to become a bit more imaginative than that, Dear. Really!" "Well, what else can one do with them? Leave them lying about doing nothing?" Khaat asked.

"Do drink you tea, my dear," he said gently. "And try to get some sleep then, when its gone. You're just exhausted. That's all. Everything is quite alright now."

Khaat tasted the tea. She tasted it was far more potion than tea. And he'd been merciful today. He had included, among other things, quite a lot of his own superior quality numbing potion. That would ease both her and Abbey. Probably make them both completely stoned out of their minds if she drank the whole thing as he intended she would. She said nothing. She was grateful, though. She wrapped up in her ivory blanket, feeling chilled.

"Jen, would you please reassure Rob that Abbey is alright so he doesn't flit off here in a panic again--please?" she asked softly, really desperately needing Rob to not panic again. She put some pillows behind her and leaned back against them. She took a big gulp of the tea. A few more sips of this and it would numb the threatening tears away for awhile. That would be a welcome thing. By the time it was gone, she would be deep in a stoned sleep, her father's obvious intentions. At least that would prevent her from being able to go anywhere while he was gone. And that was the benefit of it for him.

Khaat was hoping that Jen was just piss poor at leglimens outside of her sibling connection to Rob. It was a silly hope,but it was there, nonetheless. Leglimens or not, Jen was just not entitled to know how much numbing potion was in her tea. Khaat didn't want Jen picking that up from her head. Nor was Jen entitled to know Khaat just wanted Rob here, much as she was saying she didn't. Jen was not entitled to know that, no matter how bad things got, just having him in the same room made everything right again, even if he didn't say a word, so that, today, if she did sleep, she would know everything was in good hands--that it was safe to sleep even just a little while. Jen was not entitled to know that much of her mind or her heart.

Last edited by Khaat Dent on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 7 times in total
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:40 pm

Steven sat at the table two tubs of ice cream open infront of him his mne thnking abck to that day but he watched John hapily eating his ice cream "Dad can we ride the hyppogiff?" he asked looking up ice cream dripping form the spoon into the bowl as he looked at him. Steven chuckled "sure as long as its ok with Robert or kathrine, it is there Ranch and we're just guests" he said grinning as he saw the smile done John's face "yea dad, I know" he said leaning back in his seat he held a cup of french roast although he looked relaxed he was not his aind on razor , what was it they had found out that caused all this he wished he could rember, he put it down to his own mind and the coma blocking the memory.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Weasley Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:13 pm

The case files were pretty useless. Jen was just seeing familiar faces and some that she remembered quite faintly. There were a few there that Jen couldn’t help but snort at. Clearly whoever wrote the damn thing didn’t seem to be one for research. The older entries were outdated and wrong. Most of them had been killed either by her or some of her ‘associates’ years ago. Jen never told Rob what she was doing in the US but she always had the feeling that her past would come back to haunt her. It usually did but in the form of trophy wives who had been cut off by the government. She enjoyed torturing them when she had the chance but usually it was just a quick kill.

She looked up and took the glass of Firewhisky from Robert, smiling in thanks. She sipped it and swallowed with ease. The burn never bothered her, she’d been drinking it for far too long but this did prickle slightly. Jen had a feeling Robert liked the good stuff. She sipped some more and put her elbow on the arm of the chair; resting the glass against her temple. A smile was fixed on her face as she read through them. Jen was picking out some of the files and she’d mounted up quite a few. She closed the file and put it on the table beside her chair before holding up the sheets of paper she’d pulled out.

“They’re dead.” She said bluntly. “So you don’t have to worry about them. This one however,” Jen pulled a sheet of paper out of the file and smirked. “Won’t die. It’s like some sort of taboo for him. I don’t know how many bloody times I have shot the guy but he is impossible to kill. That was proved wrong last month some time, though. The wonders of a knife, eh?” Jen screwed the paper up and chucked it in the fire. She didn’t want to see his smirking face but she did have some sort of element of pride where it concerned him. She liked the fact that she’d wiped the smirk off of his face and ended what he’d started. She’d burned the body and scattered the remains, there was no way he could have been alive – not after that.

Jen threw a sideways look at Khaat and shook her head. “Wow, and I thought Rob was an idiot. Maybe he is and he married an idiot.” Jen mused before narrowing her eyes at Khaat. “Do you honestly think I won’t tell him? Don’t think for one moment that I won’t tell him exactly what has been going through your mind. Don’t you dare think that I won’t explain to him exactly what you’ve done.” Jen swallowed and put her glass down.

“I would kill to be in your position you know? Granted I wouldn’t want to be married to my brother and pregnant with his daughter but I truly envy you. You are married to someone who is completely devoted to you. If it wasn’t the fact that I’d put my stiletto up his arse then he would probably worship the ground you walk on. But to be honest, you treat him like shit. He is a man that you haven’t even explored to the fullest extent. He isn’t just a drunken tosser that ran around Romania because he got abducted by a f*cking fireplace! I love the facade! He loves it, I love it!

You scare him shitless and he doesn’t deserve it! Every time you go out with some weird intent to get yourself killed he knows! I don’t know how but he does and he can’t relax! I truly don’t know what your problem is! You’re not Remus Lupin okay? You’re not some warrior that thinks you’re invincible. You haven’t nearly suffered enough to be that heartless and cold.” Jen was ranting and raving about probably nothing but she needed this off of her chest. “You are selfish! You think you can go out and have some sort of adrenaline rush and you expect the people around you to keep my brother in the dark! Even your daughter wants nothing to do with it and she’s supposed to be the person that loves you unconditionally but that doesn’t even seem to be a possibility.

You don’t even think about what your own kid wants. How many times have you been told now? Enough times for sure. ‘Think about Abbey, Khaat’ or my personal favourite – ‘You’re hurting Abbey, Khaat’. It’s the same every time and it seems as if someone pulled out your ear buds. Are you that idiotic, Khaat?!? Are you blind to the fact that she isn’t as strong as the rest of us are? Or are you trying to compensate for the fact that Remus Lupin is dead? Are you trying to try and live out his memory or something? Face it, he is dead.” Jen spat. “But the rest of us aren’t and for some odd reason we seem to care about you but Merlin knows we shouldn’t because you don’t deserve it. That little thing that you’ve been given is a miracle and you have no idea how f*cking lucky you are. But you seem to through your life around as if you’d trade it in for peanuts. She will die at your hand if you don’t wise up and decide what you’re going to do. You either let a surrogate carry, give birth to her while you still can and have Rob raise her so you can have your little adrenaline filled life or you start acting like a mother.”

Jen got up and grabbed her glass. She picked up the bottle of Firewhisky and left the room, slamming the door behind her. She went downstairs and walked out into the garden. She pulled her wand out and transfigured a plank of wood into a bench. She sat down and pulled a hearty amount of Firewhisky into the glass. She put the bottle down beside her and drew her legs up so they were curled up behind her. She put the glass to her lips and drank. She needed to distract herself.
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 401
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency, Memory Manipulation, Non-Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top