Weaving through the shelves - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Weaving through the shelves - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Weaving through the shelves

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weaving through the shelves - Page 4 Empty Re: Weaving through the shelves

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:01 pm

“It might not be hexed, James but it has protective charms.” She lightly tapped the box against his chest and smiled. “The key is the only way to get it open and I’m not really sure what else the box can do. Sirius tried to open it and it turned him into a bug. Regulus kept him in a jar for the rest of the summer, up on the mantelpiece in the dining room.” She smiled and grimaced when she thought back. Sirius chased his brother through London when he was himself again although he was never really the same. It amused her to no end though where as her elder sisters weren’t impressed by their antics what so ever. Bellatrix gave her a long lecture about a load on nonsense and Narcissa couldn’t even remember a word of what she had said.

“They are alike in some ways but not identical.” Narcissa clarified. “Draco has been subjected to Lucius’ influence for far too long so that has more or less snuffed out any of the goodness inside of him. Had he not been Lucius’ son then he would have grown into a fine man.” She raised an eyebrow at James and shook her head. “Perhaps not when he is at his weakest but try having to live the man. He’s honestly insufferable but incredibly.... I don’t even really know how to describe him.” She raised an eyebrow and looked at James sceptically. “You’re not boring or incompetent – not even to them. It’s teenage hormones coupled with the lack of desire to learn. Any professor that doesn’t have their head in the clouds is useless as far as they’re concerned. I’m sure there are a few students who are worth teaching.”

Narcissa took a cloth bag from the dealer who had given her back her box and slipped the box inside of it. She didn’t want the item to be damaged. She looked at James and smirked. “Are you offering?”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:33 pm

''Ah, sad. I hoped I would have some fun with the little box. I always liked opening hidden and/or locked places/stuff. Holmes and Poirot do that do you.'', he said.

''Well, they act like that and I treat them like that. I was not like that... I respected my professors. How the hell did the children change in such a brief time period?'', he said. ''But, there are some, as you presumed correctly. Poe, whose mentor I am, Miss Lyons from Ravenclaw, a truly intelligent girl, and I rarely say that about girls then... Misses Dawn and Manson, from Hufflepuff, the latter of which you probably know. And that is probably it... Diggory was giving some hope, but she turned into Hemingway.'', he said.

''Am I offering? Only if you are accepting.'', Wilson said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:10 pm

“It is far more interesting when you have to look for the key though.” Narcissa said. “Granted the dust and cobwebs aren’t too much fun but when you’ve got a box of different keys that go to different things and you have to find the right one... a lot more fun.”

She nodded thoughtfully but she couldn’t really say she knew much about respecting professors. She hardly ever went to class as she was far more interested in gossiping at the time. Plus, leading lost first years astray was always good fun and Narcissa never missed out on that. Of course it was cruel but she was a vain and selfish teenager that probably knew everything about everyone. It was positively awful. Although Severus was always there to pick up her essays and give them in. She passed in most of her classes except Transfiguration, Charms and Defence – just turning in essays wasn’t cutting it according to Slughorn. She’d passed what she took in her last year but she couldn’t remember her grades. She could have done so much better especially in Transfiguration but didn’t because, if she recalled correctly, she’d spent most of the test trying to dye a strip of her hair bright red to annoy her mother. “Things fall in and out of popularity. It’s nothing particularly new. It’s when your students are sitting trying new hair care products instead of doing work that you should hex them.”

“Well if you’re offering then I am accepting, how does that sound?” She laughed.
(Shall I set up a sub-thread at the ball, away from the mass thread or would you like to? Razz)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:07 pm

''I always approached Holmes' method... more brain work, less physical work.'', he replied. ''Hair products? That is something even I have not seen, but you never know... things change, people change. They become more and more dumber, if you understand what I actually mean. You just can't find a lesson that will interest them fully. I know that all lessons are not equally interesting, heck... even I have problems teaching some of the because they are boring, but still...'', he said and sighed.

''Then it is settled, but promise me... do not drink to much.'', he said with a smile.

(Set it up and send me the link via PM :-))
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:07 pm

“Hair products; nail varnish – anything.” Narcissa said thoughtfully. “I’d blame it on Quidditch and .... no I think it would be just Quidditch. Perhaps faction influence would be a factor also but one cannot be too sure. There are far too many young Death Eaters. They’re inexperienced, cocky, presumptuous and just the type of overconfident young ones that you’d love to Crucio.” Narcissa shrugged and was once again captured by pretty items on one of the stools. She smiled to herself and looked over the wares, impressed with what they had on offer.

“I drink a little but often if that makes sense? Less damage is done that way.” She mirrored his smile and tapped his cheek with her finger. “I presume you’ll distract me somehow, yes?”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:27 am

''It is not just them... it is everyone. I lose my nerves far too often, which is not that good. And why? Just because I have a couple of idiots that some of the other idiots look up to.'', he commented, sighing. The situation in class, although he did not care that much, angered him mainly because he was not able to do his job properly.

''Little but often? That does not make much sense in my book, but as you wish. Just... do not drink, that is my only bidding. Regarding my distraction, we shall try, won't we?'', he replied with a smile.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:14 pm

“You have no reason to. Remember, they are a generation wasted. They’ll be thrust into the war and will drop like flies. Perhaps I could lend you a hand if it is that bad? Defence against the Dark Arts is your subject now is it not? I’m sure just giving them a good scare would do wonders. I have a few Lethifolds at the manor which aren’t particularly terrifying.” She smiled a little and kissed his cheek. It was a little spontaneous on her part but perhaps it was a step in the right direction. “Chin up, they’ll sort themselves out.”

“That is why writers wrote sequels, James. Little but often. Never give away the secrets, wait until later for them to be revealed. Drinking is necessary but not in that sense. Water is fine.” She raised a blonde eyebrow and smiled. Distractions were dangerous... but entertaining. “Ah yes, we shall.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:25 pm

Wilson widened his eyes. Why did she just kiss him on the cheek? It was nice, but why did she do it? He did not blush nor show any signs of an emotional dilemma. He stayed cold, solid and pale. He turned to her and smiled. That was a good enough sign.

''Thank you, but I think I'll manage. I will start giving them detention and if that does not work... we shall see. I am terribly good in embarrassing people.'', he said and sighed. ''Water... juice... soda... whatever you wish, but not alcohol. I mean, a glass won't hurt, but too much and too often... well that isn't adequate, is it?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum