Weaving through the shelves - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Weaving through the shelves - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Weaving through the shelves

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weaving through the shelves - Page 3 Empty Re: Weaving through the shelves

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:44 pm

“James, they are children.” Narcissa said, putting the rocking horse down and picking up a toy soldier. “I doubt that they can even comprehend the spells let alone use them. I was terrified when I had to use them and that wasn’t in class where they were used on spiders. Students are molly coddled into thinking that the ‘grown-ups’ will solve this for them. They’re far too naive I fear.” She shrugged. “I have to go, yes. Got to keep the Malfoy out of the mud and all of that. I will be probably be going alone. Lucius has not spoken to me or sent on of the Lestrange brothers to do the job for him.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:57 pm

''They behave like grown-ups and they shall get that kind of treatment. They should be, by the age of 17, rational enough to behave properly. I have prepared a dueling class for next time, so we shall see how they react on that.'', he replied. ''And it is not the spells that is the problem, it is the general lack of interest from them. I have only a handful of students that actually enjoy classes and education. The rest of them could go and work as waiters.'', he added. ''You poor thing... sad. Khaat, or what is her name now, Dent... will not go or will you have company?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:04 pm

Narcissa chose not to comment. She disagreed with him but thought it best not to voice it. The children only needed motivation and a reason to learn. She was sure that no amount of strict classroom rules would set them straight. In her position she would have shown them exactly what they were up against and give them the option of either do or die. It was simple enough but it was also another reason why she wouldn’t be the ideal educator. Scaring little first years would be a waste of time; they needed to be kept in the dark for at least until third year. It was better that way, they could hold onto their childhood longer. “Khaat will no doubt go with her husband and growing brood.” Narcissa said, putting the solider down and picking up one of the little music boxes. She wound it up and opened the lid. A tune began to play and she watched as a couple began to dance across the white painted wood of the music box. Narcissa smiled softly and closed the lid of the box. She put it back down on the side and looked back at James. “I will attend but not for longer than necessary. Balls are rather tedious when you have no one talk to.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:35 pm

''Still, you should not attend if you do not want you. Never has forcing someone resulted in any good. You, Narcissa, are important and not the family, the family's reputation or anyone else and if you do not wish to go, there should be no force, no higher authority, that would make you attend. You have to be stronger, because only strength can make you happy again.'', he said with a smile.

He looked around, but he restrained himself from touching. The reason for this was simple - he did not care much about such everyday objects that he had seen in his life more than enough. He possessed a copy of each of the objects located here, in his own home or in his parent's home. These objects were interesting for wizards because they have rarely encountered such things, but for him, a wizard raised the Muggle way and in a Muggle society, it was nothing strange and he did not have that much interest in researching these objects.

''Narcissa, I do have to mention something that should interest you... your relation, at least by surname, Godric, if I am not mistaken, has caused a good part of the problems I have mentioned. His uncle, cousin or whatever it is, died and he was late... actually he came in just before the end of the class, and started... well, to cause a havoc. His replies, his indolence, all of that resulted in me sending him out of class. I thought that I should mention that anecdote since you have shown more than enough care for your younger relatives.'', he said looking at her.

''Oh and yes... what I wanted to ask... what do you think of the Ministerial Ball?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:02 pm

“I know.” Narcissa sighed. “But I am set in my ways now. I’ve done it for years. I am the one always trying to save face and keep my family where it should be.” She’d always tried to keep the general public unaware of what her husband was up to but after his time in Azkaban it seemed as if no one really took her seriously anymore. She didn’t even take herself seriously either and that was what bothered her the most. She had very little respect for the person she had become and that didn’t seem to be changing any time soon either.

She looked over the wares on the stool again and her eyes zeroed in on a black box with golden trimmings. She leaned forward slightly and picked it up. The wood was worn away and it had a lot of age to it. She recognised the piece instantly, though. She had once owned it. Narcissa’s eyebrows knitted together in confusion and she tried to open the box. She did feel slightly relieved that it didn’t open and looked over to the dealer. “Key?” she asked, wondering where it had gotten too. The last time she had seen the box had been just after she had married Lucius, she’d left it behind.
“Sorry, there is no key.” The young girl apologized but Narcissa shrugged and handed her about thirty galleons. She blamed Kreacher for the box ending up where it was. If she ever got inside Grimmauld Place again then she’d take his head off of the wall and roast it.

“Godric?” Narcissa looked at James in confusion before it dawned on her. “Not the illegitimate little brat that got lucky?” her eyes narrowed and she shook her head. She’d warned Draco and yet he still ignored her at the time. She had hoped that his ‘son’ had inherited some of the more pleasurable Malfoy traits but it seemed as if that wasn’t the case. She’d only looked in on him a few times during his childhood and although he’d been brought up well enough it would never live up to her standards or Lucius’. Neither parent was happy about Draco’s ... infidelity. “If I see him I will speak with him but I promise nothing. I have not spoken with him before. I chose, at the time, to ignore my grandson. Clearly growing up with those Germans was an awful idea on his mother’s part.”

Narcissa scowled, showing her displeasure and decided then and there that she would at least either make Draco go and talk to the boy or do it herself. The latter seemed more likely, however. Scorpius was hard enough to handle on a good day. Godric was definitely more volatile and....arrogant. She just hoped that he knew his place where she was concerned.
“The Ministerial Ball?” Narcissa echoed. “Well, I suppose for those who enjoy the dancing and the dresses then it will be quite a bit of fun. I would like to see what my sister’s nephew ends up wearing the gala. Something wacky would definitely fit the bill. I think I will probably end up spending the night with martinis and Robert Dent’s sister. How riveting.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:29 pm

''Illegitimate? You definitely need to tell me the story behind that boy. On our last class (inconsistent with time, but never mind that XD), he entered and nonchalantly called his dear professor 'four-eyes' and only because I called him G.I. Joe because of his haircut. I threw him out and deduced several points, I do not remember how many. You say he was in Germany?'', he inquired.

''Again with the sorrows of alcohol. Narcissa, you are an intelligent and charming woman. You need to find something more... optimistic than alcohol and such sorrowing prophecies. There are many possibilities for someone like you.'', he replied. ''Oh, and what is the story with the box or whatever it is?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:01 pm

“Draco married a Greengrass. I’ve seen the brat; Astoria wouldn’t have given birth to that.” Narcissa did feel slightly sorry for the boy but it wasn’t her problem – he wasn’t her problem. She listened to James and smirked a little. There was no doubt that the boy was a Malfoy but he must have had some hidden bollocks that had come from his mother because he certainly couldn’t have gotten it from Draco unless it was directly from the Blacks. Narcissa doubted it but it was a possibility.

“Germany.” Narcissa nodded. “I believe he ended up with the family of the Minister there. I believe he was murdered recently as well.” Narcissa bit her lip but if she was honest she didn’t care too much. It didn’t affect her in the slightest. “His mother was... far too young. Draco was completely enamoured with her. He would have worshiped the ground she walked on if Lucius hadn’t gotten violent with him. If I remember rightly, Rodolphus and I were hexing him for a good hour one evening.”

She smirked, remembering the interesting night that she spent with her brother-in-law. Bellatrix had been elsewhere and Rabastan was god knows where. Lucius had gone to the Ministry and she was left to bond with her brother-in-law. She didn’t think that the man had a humour like he did, or the ‘fun factor’ – for lack of a better word – he really made her day. At one point they even had the house elves dancing which was odd enough as it was.

“I’ll give up. Promise.” She laughed. “Besides, I’m sure I’ll get a hobby soon. Perhaps I’ll stare at a wall all day or find a way to irritate Ms. Delacour down in the Department of Law Enforcement.” Narcissa shrugged. “The possibilities are endless. Perhaps I could even join Khaat on one of her many suicidal adventures. Yes, I can really see myself doing that.”

There was really no need for the sarcasm but she didn’t know how to justify her actions. She would have blamed it all on boredom but there was nothing much else than that. She was trying to keep herself awake and calm half of the time as there was no use going home. Well, where was home really? She hadn’t actually seen Grimmauld Place in years and that was the closest thing to home she truly had. That was where the bloody key was as well as far as she knew. If she had been foolish enough to take it to the manor then she was going to have to spend a long time looking through things under Sandra’s nose. But there was also the case of getting inside Grimmauld Place.

“The box contains a lot of different things and most of them I can’t even remember now. When I married Lucius it was all a bit rushed. My mother wanted me inside the manor before Abraxas had the chance to change his mind. I left it behind. I expect Kreacher took it.” Narcissa sighed. “But I have a rough idea where the key is. I don’t fancy destroying the box. It would just be nice if I could get into Grimmauld Place and actually have a root round. I think there are a lot of places that Molly Weasley failed to clean – thank god.” She turned the box over in her hands and frowned a little. “I think it was a birthday present.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:01 pm

''With the German Minister? That explains his threat. He threatened me by calling the German Minister. I laughed. Told the boy to give the Minister my personal number and address. Why do people think that I, as a stupid, boring and incompetent professor, do not have connections?'', he said. It seemed that the status of a school professor really destroyed one's persona. You are a stupid book worm and we are better than you. Sad.

''Excuse my comment, but I never thought that Draco could love anyone that much. I mean, looking at the history of Malfoy males, I never considered them capable of true emotions. You will pardon my comment, it was nothing personal.'', he said. And it really wasn't. He was really amazed with her comment and he had a certain dose of disbelief in him. Not because he thought she was not telling the truth, rather because he was not willing to believe that.

''Regarding the box... is it hexed?'', he asked shortly.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:26 pm

“Because stupid, boring and incompetent professors aren’t usually the type that get connections.” Narcissa said lightly. “I don’t think giving the German Minister your contact details would amount to anything really because I do believe the man is dead if I remember rightly. Perhaps not though and some other poor German was killed.” Narcissa didn’t mean it, she held no remorse but it was best to actually pretend to care.

“Malfoys can’t.” Narcissa shrugged. “I’m sure they can manage some sort of outward affection but not much. Draco is probably more Black than Malfoy and even the Black males had trouble with outward emotions. I’d say he was more like Sirius or Regulus than any of the Black males. At least those two had an emotional disposition. I think Lucius’ has the emotional disposition of a spoon or something equally inferior. Draco is one of a kind I must say but I expect much of that has been snuffed out. I haven’t spoken with him for a while.”

Narcissa touched the lock of the box and shook her head. “I’m doubtful. It wasn’t when I had it so it seems equally as unlikely. I just need the key, that’s all.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:19 pm

''If it is not hexed, do you want me to open it? You would not need a key. There has been no entrance or box or anything that I have not been able to open.'', he said.

''Well, Sirius was a great person, indeed. But I would have never compared Draco to him. But still, people can surprise, you know that yourself. I do not know if the man is dead or not, I just know that the little tyke threatened me with him. I laughed. I have not been intimidated by Voldemort himself. But never mind that now. Well, I may be boring, I maybe incompetent by their idiotic irrational standards, but I do have the protection of the Irish Ministry, which enables me not to care. That easy.'', he said.

''Narcissa, do you need company at the Ministerial Ball?'', he asked suddenly.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum