Winter Term NEWT Charms Class 2 - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Winter Term NEWT Charms Class 2 - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Winter Term NEWT Charms Class 2

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Winter Term NEWT Charms Class 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Winter Term NEWT Charms Class 2

Post by Jess Potter Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:59 pm

Jess nodded thoughtfully. "Well then, perhaps when the lesson has begun maybe you would like to act as an example?" He asked, "if not i'm certain someone else in the class would be more than happy to oblige," he told her
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Winter Term NEWT Charms Class 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Winter Term NEWT Charms Class 2

Post by Amelia Lyons Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:25 pm

"If you wish me to demonstrate, I can oblige that request," Amelia responded, not unkindly, but keeping her words curt. She would rather not have drawn attention to herself by being the example for the class, but she was not going to turn down a direct request from a professor.

Amelia usually didn't like to encourage her peers or others to make small talk with her, because in most situations she was exceedingly bad at it. She found that if she gave only brief answers and asked few questions, most became bored of her and found another person with whom to converse. Professor Potter seemed to be stubbornly focused on her, though for what reason she could not fathom. Since he was a professor, though, and very much in control of her grade, Amelia knew better than to brush him aside as she did many of her fellow classmates. She could tell when a situation called for a certain level of formality and respect, and this was certainly one of those situations.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:28 pm

Mariana walked inside the classroom luckly not being late. "Morning Professor." she said still feeling weird about the whole situation.She sat next to Arthur without a word besides one small Hello..
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:15 am

Jess nodded and walked back to the front of the class. "Well good morning everyone," he said cheerily. "For any newcomers here my name is Professor Potter, and i am your charms teacher." He said, gesturing around the classroom and at the board where his name was. "So," he said, "As you can see, the charm we will be learning today will be the Confundus Charm." He told them, while gesturing to the board once more. "Now, the Confundus charms, as the name suggests, is something one would use to confuse someone. The charm works on several different levels, so you could just forget certain things, such as not going to the dentist, or it could completely delude you, much like the effects of a powerful memory charm, only it's repairable." he said, pausing for the students to finish writing down what he was saying
((Teacher's excuse for writer's block Razz))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:59 am

Amelia was glad when the professor began the lesson, officially taking the focus off of herself and putting it on the class as a whole. Without his eyes boring into hers, Amelia was able to slip into her usual role of attentive, but not especially interesting student who did as she was told and spoke only when it was required of her. She was somewhat disappointed by the poor showing of students who had bothered to show up for class today, but it was their loss. Not to mention that fewer students in the classroom meant a lesser audience when Professor Potter eventually called upon her to perform the spell they were covering in class today.

Listening to what the professor was saying, Amelia dipped her peacock feather quill into her vial of dark black ink and pressed the nub to the parchment, quickly scrawling out in her tiny and neat script everything that might be pertinent in what he was saying. She knew that by the end of the lecture she would likely have filled the sheet with notes and observations, but for now only a few lines spread across the parchment, still wet and shining in the light of the wall torches.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:04 am

Jess nodded and continued. "So the trick is knowing what you're going for. I suppose you could say it works in similar fashion to the imperius curse, in the manner that you concentrate on what you want the vicitim... i mean target to forget," he said with a smile. "As i said before this is a very handy charm, and is cureable so no hamr should befall anyone in this class if they pay attention and do exactly as i tell, if they don't the damage could be bad, as this is a very finicky spell." He told them, pausing for another second. "So, who here has ever dealt with this spell?" He asked the class, looking around to see if anyone other tha Amelia had
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 pm

Arthur turned to Mariana and greeted her with a gentle smile. ''I have casted a few such spells, professor. It proved to be very useful.'', he said calmly.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:14 pm

Jess nodded. "It is," he agreed, beckoning for Poe to join him, as clearly Amelia did not want to be the subject of the demonstration. "Mr. Poe," he said, "Would you mind joining me at the front of the class so i can demonstrate the effects of the spell?" He asked, before quickly rushing to clarify. "Have no worry, no damage will be done, i will mearly confuse you about where you are, or something else insignificant of your choice," he added, just to ease any worried conciences in the room
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Severus Potter Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:28 am

`Sorry for being late sir!` Albus apologized upon entrance, he took his seat and quickly copied everything that was written on the board.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:55 am

''You know, I have never been hit with the spell. It should be interesting to see it. Just, do take care that it lasts briefly'', Arthur said standing up. He took his wand out and stood beside Jess.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top