A Glass Ball Bouncer Higher than a Rubber Chicken - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Glass Ball Bouncer Higher than a Rubber Chicken - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Glass Ball Bouncer Higher than a Rubber Chicken

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Glass Ball Bouncer Higher than a Rubber Chicken - Page 2 Empty Re: A Glass Ball Bouncer Higher than a Rubber Chicken

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:42 pm

"Ah Divination!" he said grinning. "One of the more misunderstood subjects" he laughed. He crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair. "Personally I find it quite unique and very fun" he laughed once again. He actually did enjoy Divination, he really didn't quite get it why most people don't understand it

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

A Glass Ball Bouncer Higher than a Rubber Chicken - Page 2 Empty Re: A Glass Ball Bouncer Higher than a Rubber Chicken

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:21 pm

Jemma smiled. She was scared that the conversation could have just come to the halt, if he had been one of those people who disliked the subject. She didn't mention the fact that she was a Seer though. It wasn't something she talked about in every day conversation. "Yes, I would say it is one of the more misunderstood subjects. Some people seem to think it's rather useless...yet if you study Divination, you can gain a lot of useful knowledge from the future." she replied, thinking of her students. She hoped she taught them well enough, so that they wouldn't regret taking the subject. Fun. Fun. Fun? Is that good? Did he mean it as in it was fun, like as a joke? Or was that a good thing? Ah! I never seem to get people these days.

A Glass Ball Bouncer Higher than a Rubber Chicken - Page 2 Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:29 am

Actually, Divination was one of my favourite subjects at Hogwarts he said with a smile. He had always liked Divination but Defense Against The Dark Arts was his all time favourite. He liked this Jemma, he smiled at her showing his perfect smile. Although Defense Against The Dark Arts is my all time favourite, Divination is a close second... he said with a very big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Jemma smiled. Someone who actually liked Divination. As in, not just liked it, but their second favourite subject? Everyone seems to dislike it so, nowadays. It's nice to see some people still have a passion for the subject. It seems like I'm the only one, sometimes. "I've always loved Divination. Defense Against the Dark Arts was quite fun too, from what I can remember. she added, trying to recall her Defense Against the Dark Arts lessons. She could predict the future with no problem, though remembering the past was somewhat harder. Jemma wasn't like most people.

I wonder what it's like working as an Auror. I mean, it must be an amazing job to have, if you're the kind of person who likes that sort of stuff. But can I ask him that kind of stuff, or is he not allowed to say much about his job? I mean, not the secret stuff, obviously, but just generally. "What's it like, being an Auror?" she asked him, curiously, hoping he wasn't bound to secrecy or anything along those lines.

~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:08 am

"Well where should I start?" he said laughing. He rolled up his sleeves and hoped she wasn't freaked out about a couple of scars. "Its dangerous, I can tell you that." he said. He waved his hand making a bag appear. "You do get lots of momento's though" he said waving his hand and the bag disappeared. "There is a lot of school after Hogwarts. I probably spent a whole quarter of my life in school just to get beat up.." he said. "It's very fun at times, most people think its boring working in an office most of the time for investigations and such. But in actual reality, its quite fun. All the hustle and bustle, and the games we play. Oh boy the games..." he grinned thinking about one. "Is there anything specific you want to know? I consider myself the all knowing one on Aurors!" he winked at her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Jemma laughed along with Dane. Then he pulled up his sleeve. Wow! Those scars. I wonder how he got those. I wonder how he got those. "Wow, a quarter of your life? You must have really wanted to be an Auror." she commented, after hearing that he had spend so long in training. "Was it hard to get picked to be an Auror? I mean, it seems like quite a popular career choice and all. At least it was when I was younger." she asked him, though had no idea how old he actually was. She was awful at guessing people's ages. He's winking. Merlin's beard. He's sure of himself, that's certain. Though he was probably joking about him being the all-knowing Auror. At least, I think he was...

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:38 pm

"I've wanted to be an Auror since 5th Year at Hogwarts" He said grinning at how much he kept going on and on and on and on. "It was hard, once you passed the training...well lets say yo have a snowballs chance in hell of getting picked" he laughed. "I however ended up getting picked firsts cause I snapped my fingers, and made the whole line of the other people wanting to be aurors back" he grinned again at the memory. He had so many memories..."Actually when I was forty I actually kinda wanted to quit....then..I turned forty five and well...my dad died..he was murdered by a group of Death Eaters trying to get to me" he said. "I almost died as well that day...then my mom passed a peaceful death, just a few...months ago" he said. "Sorry if I teer up on you. It still hurts a little bits."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:55 pm

Jemma listened. She imagined Dane just snapping his fingers like that. Wow. I'm getting to know him pretty well. It seems. He's quite open about his life. A lot more so than I am, at any rate. I wonder why he wanted to quit when he was forty. If he was prepared to say it, he would have done already, though, I guess. It seems like a pretty dangerous career. Him being near death so many times. "Don't worry." she said. I'm just like that if anyone mentions my mu...don't think about that, Jemma. "It's only natural for you to be upset." she added. I would say I understand...but most people never believe you anyway, so what's the point? I mean, I just usually comfort people. But I've only known him for ten minutes, not really long enough to go over and hug him. Ahh what to do? What to do? Just change subject? Or, y'know, an awkward silence. Yes, Jemma. That's a real clever thing to do. Just say something! Anything! "Uhm, so, do you like being an Auror now?" she asked, keeping the conversation going.

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:14 am

He chuckled when she tried to change the subject. "Jemma, I've known you for abut 10 minutes but already I can tell you're a good person!!" he said grinning. He looked at her and smiled, she was trying very hard. All he was doing was going with the flow, he admired her for actually trying. "Yes, I do quite enjoy being an Auror now" he said with a very big grin on his face. "Jemma, I can tell you trying to make me feel good and you feel awkward...Don't ask how I know. They teach you this stuff in training.." he said grinning. "Just go with the flow, I don't judge...really you have nothing to feel awkward or be nervous about!" he chuckled
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Jemma automatically smiled back at Dane, without actually realising it herself. I'm a good person. I'm glad I come across that way. I do my best. She listened to him, glad that he liked being an Auror now.

She was still smiling, subconsciously. I don't feel that awkward...well, not really. Ok, maybe a little bit. How does he know? Legilimency? Crap, I better practise my Occlumency. Seriously. If I ever glimpse into the future accidentally and he's peering in...nope, that can't happen. Occlumency, occlumency, occlumency... Jemma put up a barrier between her mind and that of Dane's. She couldn't risk it. I hope he doesn't feel like I don't trust him or something...nobody is supposed to see. Ever. Ever ever.

"I'm fine." she said, though it was probably obvious she was just saying that. "What else do they teach in Auror training?" she asked, curiously, hoping she wasn't prying too much. Well, I don't know how much more I can ask about Auror's, but I want to keep the conversation going as long as I can.

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top