Herbology (NS) Class 1-Basic
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Herbology (NS) Class 1-Basic Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Herbology (NS) Class 1-Basic

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Herbology (NS) Class 1-Basic Empty Herbology (NS) Class 1-Basic

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Morgan unlocked the doors to the greenhouse and walked slowly in. This place, more than any other at Hogwarts, made him feel truly at home. The earthy smell, the almost tropical environment, made Morgan feel 10 years younger. He smiled and pulled out his wand, waving it once, twice, three times. Plants zoomed around and off to other sections of the greenhouse, about a half dozen Alihotsy plants soaring into the center of the room. Morgan waved his wand again, and the rest of the greenhouse sorted itself into climate zones, allowing each plant maximum comfortableness.

Yes, he was home.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Herbology (NS) Class 1-Basic Empty Re: Herbology (NS) Class 1-Basic

Post by Noah Archer Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:02 am

Noah shuffled into class, his books slung over his shoulder. He barely glanced at the new professor as he sat down in front of his Alihotsy plant. The plant itself was no stranger to him, he had studied it a few months ago while reading ahead in his herbology textbook. Come to think of t, he read ahead in a lot of his textbooks. He really needed to get out more.
Noah Archer
Noah Archer

Number of posts : 115

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:13 pm

Briony got to greenhouses a little early, hoping to see what the class was studying before it actually began. Alihotsy plants were arranged in the greenhouse. Interesting. She sat in front of one and looked at it. Yes, it would make a good sketch. For once, however, she didn't have her sketchbook with her, though, so sketching in her mind would have to do.

She had missed classes over the break, especially Herbology. Come to think of it, for her, Herbology didn't even feel like a class.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Ashers Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:41 pm

Willow walked "Heyguys!" she greeted them. She loved herbology and couldn't wait for everyone else to get here. Especially her best friend, Abbey. And her other friend Elv. She tugged on her purple and black polka dotted skarf and then fixed her winter boots, waiting.
Willow Ashers
Willow Ashers

Number of posts : 736

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:36 pm

Morgan nodded silently to each of the students entering and waited until they were seated to begin. "Well." He said, smiling slightly. "I'm your new Professor, Donald Morgan. But please, no Professors and certainly no Donalds. You all aren't infants, you have a right to call me Morgan." he pulled out his wand but did nothing yet, simply holding it in his hand. "Firstly, I believe points are in order. Firstly, 20 points to Hufflepuff for Mr. Archer and Ms. Ashers, and 10 points to Slytherin for Ms...Malden? De Malden?" He asked, turning to Briony. "I would also like to inform you all that since you have shown up on time, you all currently have Outstandings. Congratulations. Anyways, onto the lesson. As you can see, we are studying Alihotsy. Can anyone tell me exactly what that does?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:58 pm

Briony knew the answer to the question. After a moment, she worked up the courage to raise her hand in the air. "The leaves of the plant can cause people to become hysteric," she said. She thought back to where she had read that. Probably... a month ago when she had gotten the textbook? She wasn't sure. Her parents didn't grow alihotsy. Probably because Briony and Sorrel were allowed in the greenhouses and Sorrel especially sometimes ate the plants.

"Oh, and it's Ms. de Malden," she said after a moment, to clarify.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:37 pm

Ben hurried into his Herbology class. Am I late? He hoped not. It didn't look like the class had started anything, at least. Phew. He wasn't the kind of person who could easily catch up on things. If he wanted to pass this year, he needed to pay attention and attend all of his lessons.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Number of posts : 481

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:45 pm

"Hello Mr. Macmillan," Morgan said as another young hufflepuff hurried in. "Welcome to class, and tack on another 5 points to Hufflepuff." He turned to Briony. "Very good Ms. de Malden 5 points to Slytherin," He said, smiling. Alihotsy leaves have a pollen on the bottom of them, if you turn them over you should be able to see. Make sure to put your gloves on first, and wash your hands thoroughly afterwards, we don't want any of that pollen finding its way to someone's mouth, now do we?" He waved his wand, and one of the Alihotsy plants began to hover in the air in front of them. "However, Alihotsy pollen can be used for a number of potions, if treated right, so your job today is to take the pollen from the leaves and place them in these small leather pouches." He said, tossing a leather pouch to each student. Curing them requires a tricky bit of magic, so I'll be doing that afterwards. Go on now."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:00 pm

Abbey ran into the classroom and collapsed at a desk. "I'm so sorry I'm late professor!" she gasped out. Abbey turned to Willow and quickly asked, "Hurry, what are we doing?"
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:44 am

Ben listened carefully. Alihotsy. No idea what that is. But as long as I don't eat it, I'm fine. Why would I want to eat a plant anyway? He looked around the classroom. Even if he was supposed to work in a pair, there were an odd number of them now Abbey was here. He'd work on his own, he assumed. Unless the Professor told him otherwise.

Pulling out his gloves from his pocket and shoving them on, he went to get an Alihotsy plant. He didn't want to risk summoning it, incase it failed and it smashed on the floor or something. Which would likely happen, as he hadn't quite got the hang of Accio yet. He grabbed the plant and carried it back to where he had previously been standing.

He looked around the class, to see what everyone else was doing. He couldn't tell. Dammit. Ben wasn't sure exactly how he was supposed to get the pollen off. He picked up a little pot to collect the pollen in, put it below one of the leaves. He then got a bit of wood which had been lying on the floor and scraped the bottom of the leaf whilst holding it tightly and over the pot. This is probably totally wrong...but at least I'm using my initiative and not doing nothing.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Number of posts : 481

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top