Shouldering a burden -open- - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Shouldering a burden -open- - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Shouldering a burden -open-

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shouldering a burden -open- - Page 2 Empty Re: Shouldering a burden -open-

Post by Guest Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:46 am

Tristan nodded when his room mate came out of his room and smiled at Amadora. "Well hello there. Tristan it's about time you got a girlfriend. Well i'm off to go see my girl." He winked at Amadora and walked out of the apartment before Tristan could speak. Tristan pulled out his wand and said, "Ferula." Some splint and bandages appeared, he began bandaging her ankle and then her ribs. He pointed his wand at her scars that had been opened and said, "Espisey. There i think that will do for now. You are not to move from this couch, i'll be back with some tea for you." Tristan went into the kitchen grabbing the tea kettle cups, tea bags, milk and sugar. He brought them back to the living room and placed them on the coffee table. "Here you go Amadora."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:13 am

Dora looked up a little at the sound of a door opening and saw someone who appeared to be Tristan’s roommate walk through the door. She couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow at him but smiled nether the less. She wondered idly if he’d noticed the scars on her face. However, they were a little bit less eye-catching unless you counted the one that went through her eye. It went from the top of her eyebrow and diagonally down through her eye and onto her cheek. The scar turned that part of her eye pure white and it was pretty unnerving to see.

Dora winced as he began to bandage her chest up and then her ankle. It hurt but it wasn’t as much as she’d had before. She’d been on holiday just touring Europe when she was thirteen - that was when the first one hit. She was on a cliff below the sea and she just fell off the side. Thankfully she survived but after her ribcage being broken and her legs and arms the same she saw every other injury as nothing more than a scratch. She’d even managed to do her spine in thanks to how high the cliffs were. However, a Healer worked at the Hospital she was taken to and managed to slip her some potions so her spine would heal.

She was thankful for the tea, hopefully it would restore her voice so she’d be able to at least thank him. She didn’t deserve his kindness. He could have just left Dora there and she would have eventually picked herself up or someone would have given her money and shoved her in a taxi. She would have gone home and attempted to heal herself. She would have come off worse but her father would have guided her. She knew it was just a voice in her head but he could have helped.

“Thank you.” Dora smiled. “I am really sorry about all of this.” she couldn’t think of any excuses but there were none. There was nothing to excuse what she’d done. He would have had a peaceful evening to himself if she hadn’t broken down. “I’ve ruined your evening.” Dora sighed. “You might have had a date or something and ..” Dora trailed off before adding, “I should go. I’ve caused you enough trouble for one night.”

Dora made a move to get up but neither her ankle nor her ribs were having any of it. She shouldn’t have even thought about moving. Dora whimpered and tried to ease herself back into the seat but despite having two broken bones in completely different places in her body she wasn’t very mobile. She suspected that her body was trying to recuperate from the memory relapse and the cold in which she suffered it in
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:20 am

"You have not been any trouble at all Amadora. You are in no condition to walk or go anywhere because of your ribs and ankle. My evening would have been boring and a complete repeat of yesterday. Sitting here in the living room with nothing more than myself as company, although i have thought about adopting a cat or maybe buying an owl. You shouldn't be sorry for something that which was out of your hands." Tristan said handing her a hot cup of tea and smiling sweetly at her. "Are you hungry? I can make you something to eat just name it."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:39 am

Dora sighed an sat back in the chair. Whether or not he didn’t mind her being there she still felt like a burden. She didn’t like just being useless and incapacitated but by now one would have thought she would have been used to it after years of sitting in hospitals or waiting at home for days on end for the wounds to heal and the bones to set properly after yet another break. But then, she wasn’t around anyone - now she was. She was also not in her own home which made her feel awkward despite the relaxing feel the apartment gave off.

Dora smiled in thanks when he gave her the mug of tea and she almost instantly put it to her lips. The warm liquid was a comfort for her even if she wasn’t feeling it herself. She wasn’t sure if she wanted him to make her anything because being who she was she would want to help or at least dictate what he was doing.

“Maybe a grilled cheese sandwich?” she asked hesitantly. “But please don’t leave me in here. Those who are temporarily incapacitated get bored fast.” she smiled a little and drank some more tea. Maybe he didn’t have bread.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:50 am

Tristan smiled crookedly and said, "There's the smile Ive been longing to see." He got up walking to the kitchen. He got everything that he needed to make grilled cheese sandwiches "How many do you want Amadora?" He asked as he began cooking two at once humming softly. He had always been a good cook, he had to cook when he lived in a foster home because the lady who was a guardian over him and the other's was injured.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:01 am

Dora blushed and looked down at her mug of tea. She did frown a bit when he forgot to take her to the kitchen but she brushed it off when he continued to talk to her through the door. Perhaps she was just feeling nosy but whatever it was she was happy to just be sat on a comfy couch in the warm. She hadn’t paid her electric bills at all so her electric had promptly been turned off which meant no heating - no nothing. She hadn’t seemed fussed by it though at all, she’d just light candles and crawl into her blanket laden bed where she’d stay until it was warm enough to rise. “Uh, one please.” Dora said before drinking some more tea.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:05 am

Tristan came back into the living room and said, "I'm gonna move you into the kitchen, i'm gonna try my best to not hurt you." He picked her up carefully and carried her into the kitchen placing her softly into on of the chairs. "Now what would you like to drink?" He asked smiling at her as he went back to the stove. He finished making the grilled cheese for the both of them and waited to see what she wanted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:26 am

Dora raised an eyebrow at Tristan. However he seemed to be a decent Leglimens because reading her mind he scooped her up and promptly took her to the kitchen. Granted the movement was a lot more hesitant and he worried about whether he’d hurt her or not but it was the same principle. The seat was soft underneath her, something Dora was thankful for but when he asked if she wanted a drink she held up her cup of tea, signalling that she was fine with it.
However, she was more interested in something he hadn’t told her. Something she’d been wondering since he almost effortlessly picked her up the first time. The first question that sprang to mind for herself was - Am I that thin? She hadn’t had a decent meal in a while. She never went down to the Great Hall for her meals and rarely went into the kitchens to dine so that only left the home she returned to ever other week or so and even then she only occasionally called in for a Chinese or something but due to her lack of electricity and aversion to going shopping she’d just have to wait.
Finally Dora exhaled and decided to ask him. “Why are you helping me?”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:32 am

Tristan looked at her and sat down opposite her, "I'm helping you because i choose to. When i saw you on the street i saw somewhat of my own past. I wanted to help you because i don't like seeing people who are hurt or hurting. Your scars are far worst than mine Amadora." He said looking at her. "I can not bear to see another in pain."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:26 pm

Dora sighed. She wasn’t in pain she was too numb for it. It was always the same. She was never really in the moment, she was in the background just standing there with her glamour’s and colourless clothing. She was boring and no one wanted to talk to her for good reason. She was a freak. Who wants to get involved with a freak - a psycho? She was insane as far as those around her were concerned and no one cared whether she was injured or not. She was just the weird redheaded girl that starts screaming at random intervals. She would never be able to confide in anyone what had happened to her - what terrors she’d gone through to bring her to that period in time. However, she couldn’t help but ask, “Which ones? The emotional or physical? It doesn’t matter whether you care about my welfare or not it will always be the same but perhaps just not like this. The scenarios prior.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top