Admins and Mods needed - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Admins and Mods needed - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Admins and Mods needed

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Admins and Mods needed - Page 2 Empty Re: Admins and Mods needed

Post by Jack Uhler Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:14 am

Hope you have enough applicants Darren lol

Name: Ne'Os Emof
Country (need to know timezones): U.S. Mountain time
Why you want to be admin or a mod: I think it would be a good and fun experience for me to be one. not to mention it might also help me learn more about coding and such.
How much experience do you have as an admin or a mod?: i have been a mod for a couple of months now.

Also i dont know anything about Html but i can learn fast.
Jack Uhler
Jack Uhler

Number of posts : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:16 am

Name:Christabelle Whittle
Country (need to know timezones):U.S eastern timezone
Why you want to be admin or a mod:Because I'm an admin on several sites of my own have the experience plus I like to help out more than I am as I'm on all the time
How much experience do you have as an admin or a mod?: I have five years experience as both
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:16 am

Jack Uhler wrote:Hope you have enough applicants Darren lol

Name: Ne'Os Emof
Country (need to know timezones): U.S. Mountain time
Why you want to be admin or a mod: I think it would be a good and fun experience for me to be one. not to mention it might also help me learn more about coding and such.
How much experience do you have as an admin or a mod?: i have been a mod for a couple of months now.

Also i dont know anything about Html but i can learn fast.

I did mean this as Ne'Os and couldnt delete it to retry on Ne'Os so note

This is for NE'OS NOT JACK
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:26 am

Geez, thats a lot of people.

So I have:

Miseria
Alice
Butterfly/Lily
Khaat
Elijah
Christy
Ne'os

for admins or mods
and

Jamie
Abbey

for Mods.

anyone else?
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:09 pm

Eh, I'd like to be for Mod.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Darien de Ramiére Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:25 pm

Name: Alice Taylor
Country (need to know timezones): Estonia, GMT +2, Eastern Europe Time
Why you want to be admin or a mod: I'd like to be mod, not admin. (A) Well... That would help me to be more active [I am active now too I think] and it would give me more experiences.
How much experience do you have as an admin or a mod?: Little, I have been admin and mod in several proboards forums and one of the biggest Estonian forum [sadly, it's now deleted]. And to be mod in here, would give me, as I said, more experiences.
Darien de Ramiére
Darien de Ramiére
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 601
Special Abilities : Parseltongue, Legilimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementine Lovegood Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Wow, that is a lot of people. Hope you have enough Darren!
Clementine Lovegood

Number of posts : 2053

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:59 pm

Yeah you have me for example.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:03 pm

Mari, I sent you a PM Rolling Eyes

Let me just tell you all something before I make you an administrator. PA is not perfect, in fact its not near it. Even though its been two years and our sites improved quite a lot since it first started, there is still a LOT of work to be done until we can compare with some other sites out there. I have high hopes for it, and I'm glad its lasted this far, but I might leave PA after this summer, and frankly I don't see it lasting that long unless there are good admins to manage it. I'm probably going to ask you to do a lot of work, so being an admin isn't exactly fun. Also, you have to be completely devoted to this site - means you log in six times a week for an hour or so - unless your on leave. It also means you Roleplay a lot. If you can't do that, tell me now, cause I really don't want to demote people. Our admin team hasn't stayed the same for a long time now, I just demoted 3 admins. So now I want a better admin team.

Keeping in mind that I want an admin to be on every day, none of the people but Miseria, Elijah and Ne'os do that. So those are the people I'm considering promoting. But it still means others have a chance.

As for moderators, quite frankly, they don't have much to do. Almost nothing compared to admins. And I doubt it will keep you on this site if your not staying for roleplaying. I'll explain what they have to do later. However, a good moderator provides admins with ideas, so if you have good ideas of how to improve this site, then you will be a good moderator.
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Darien de Ramiére Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:14 pm

Cool.
That verifies, that I don't want to be admin in here, yet. I am bit busy with my forums and other estonian sites, but being mod in here.. I'd like that. So, I'll wait, til you say, who are admins and who are mods. xD
Darien de Ramiére
Darien de Ramiére
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 601
Special Abilities : Parseltongue, Legilimency

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top