The Yule Ball - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Yule Ball - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Yule Ball

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Yule Ball - Page 3 Empty Re: The Yule Ball

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:54 am

Danny Thompson wrote:Danny walked into the ballroom every step showing ten percent of regret. At least 20 things that had either related to fights, break-ups, disturbing things, and among other things had happened here. Hopefully things would be peaceful this time. Danny wore a Plain black tuxedo and some black dress shoes just for the occasian. He would've burned these clothes a long time ago if he never went to Hogwarts. His hair was also slightly gelled in an appropiate way and his hair neatly trimed at some degree. He looked around and spotted Christy and walked near her. He smiled and said in his normal deep voice "You look beautiful."

Christabelle turned around and smiled, blushing slightly. "Thanks." she replied. She tucked a stray hair behind her ear. "You look handsome this evening." she replied. "Seems everyone here actually cleans up nice." she continued jokingly. She was a bit nervous, having never attended such an event at the school other than the masquerade.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by HafizDeen Diggory Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:27 am

Hafiz has wore his perfect attire for the Yule Ball. Hoping that Haley would love it. Not so fancy though but as for him, it should be alright.

Going down stairs saw Haley with a beautiful dress. He goes towards her and hold both of his hands, kissing her on her cheek. You look beautiful, and smiled sweetly at Haley. Lets go m'lady and he holds her hand going towards the ballroom.
HafizDeen Diggory
HafizDeen Diggory

Number of posts : 864
Special Abilities : Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:34 am

"Thanks," Danny said with a grin on his face. Danny looked around and barely noticed anybody here. Rasing an eyebrow, he looked back at Christy "I can only name like 10 people here. I'm a bit scared now"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:11 pm

Elijah let out a bark of laughter at the thought of Nachash committing a felony by damn-near killing anyone of the male persuasion that came near Amelia. However much he liked the idea, Eli knew the party would get a little boring if he just watched people flee because his snake, which was still readily growing, was chasing them out of the Great Hall.

As much as he’d love to see it, he knew he’d either end up in Azkaban with the snake or some other animal facility that would teach Nachash how to be a good citizen of society. Even if it came to that, Eli would gladly be rowing out to the island in a little boat that probably couldn’t even make it there. He would not sit in an animal facility and watch that goddamn snake get pampered and other such things. Nah, Azkaban seemed like a better choice and it wasn’t as if he couldn’t get out. He couldn’t actually remember registering his Animagus so perhaps he could get away with it.

“She can do the damage, love.” Eli smirked, spinning Amelia under his arm but not too fast so she got dizzy. “Any chance she gets she’ll use it but that isn’t important.”

Eli continued to move across the room. His movements were fluid and he wasn’t thinking too much about it - he did keep an eye out for where he was going though. He didn’t particularly want to walk into anything. Elijah’s eyes seemed to be forever trained on Amelia which he wasn’t complaining about. He loved just to let his eyes bathe in the beauty that she truly possessed.

“Well, just to make up for forgetting.” Elijah crooned. “You do look very beautiful Amelia.”

Eli was feeling quite light, something he didn’t expect from a ball. Usually he found he was tenser than some of those Law Witches that ended up in Spas at the weekends with people kneading their backs until every knot was gone and they were completely relaxed.

“I have known how to dance since I started to walk. Apparently according to one of the maids I started to move to some music on the Radio and then mother whisked me away to dance lessons which I promptly began to act up in. Those fizzled out quite quickly but I did learn some steps. When I was about ten she put me back into them because we were having some sort of ball and she wanted to boast about my so called acceptance at Durmstrang even if it was a year early.”

Eli frowned and chuckled lightly, remembering how his mother boasted until someone pointed out that he was only ten. Then she threw one hell of a hissy fit. Eli and Victor, however, found it hilarious.

“Would you like to go and sit down?” Eli asked, noticing some people starting to drift away to tables.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalie Malfoy01 Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:46 pm

As Rosalie was dancing on the floor she forgot all about her cares before. She simply just wanted to have a fun night.

I can't even remember the last time I was this happy.

People watched as Rosalie and Julia dance together. Rosalie didn't care because they were having a great time. Probably better then most anyway. She would spin Julia around and Julia did the same. To her this was just like flying on a broom high up in the sky. She would never come down, not even to catch her breath.

She was happy now she could put her dance steps to the test. Hopefully her and Julia could manage, because from what they said at dance practice, they were both horrible. But they both seemed to be doing ok. "Maybe we should've been partners. Rosalie laughed.
I'm doing much better then I thought I was. During practice when I partnered with Eli, I had to constantly watch my feet. Rosalie then began to grow tierd and needed to rest a little before she went out on the dance floor. "I'm just going to go sit down for a bit."
She turned to the table where she had left her rose on. She looked at it seemed to have hidden it petals.
I don't get it. It was blooming before. She picked it up and it magically opened it petals agian even more wider then before. She smiled then smelled it.
If this is what a rose smells like I must smell really good. She noticed to girls standing by a table.

One girl was Miseria Manson, and the other she had never seen before. They seemed a little lonely so she decided to go talk to them. She smiled and walked over. Making friends simply was not a problem to her anymore.
"Hi I'm Rosalie Malfoy. Are you guys enjoying yourselves?

Last edited by Rosalie Malfoy on Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rosalie Malfoy01
Rosalie Malfoy01

Number of posts : 123
Special Abilities : Telekenesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:49 pm

Finding the fact that she was the only one left in the Ravenclaw girls dorm slightly awkward, she liked being alone but it had been forever since she was in here. Having had no choice, Ginevra had just arrived from the showers. Tonight was the Yule Ball and, believe it or not, she was going. Even more surprising, she had a date. Scorpius had to be about the only reason that she was actually going but who knows, maybe she would find it fun. Having decided that she would dress up this time around, at the last Yule Ball she had as well only because she had been the champion. THis time it was because she had a date and it would be something to just not give any effort at all. Of course it had to be mentioned that this was her type of dressing up, not everybody else's definiton. In reality, there was also a big difference between the two. Or at least most of the time there was.

Having went out and bought a dress, she didn't own any and that wasn't going to change. After she was done with this one, it would just go in the back of a closet that she didn't look at, located in the house she was rarely ever near. Pulling the towel off, she slipped on the black dress and tied it around her neck, sighing as it just felt so weird being able to get a breeze up the bottom half. Urg. Not to mention it was akward to even think about. Next pulling on socks, she wasn't wearing heels- hell no. When Scor had asked her to go to the Yule Ball with him, she had warned him that she wasn't going to be wearing them or going up and beyond. She was going to keep it simple and that was exactly why after the socks went on, so did the converse. It didn't look bad in her opinion, since the socks only went up as high as the shoes did, meaning it didn't look nerdy. This was just Ginevra's style, and it always had been too. Ginevra felt comfier this was too. Everything was better when you were comfy.

Brushing her long blonde hair, she did it repetetively before just hanging it over her back loosely, leaving it there. Having her hair down was very much preferred to having it up. Smiling, she was wearing no make-up so just before she left she was going to do a light coding, unlike she ever usually did. GInevra was usually a natural girl. Again, today was the exception. Applying a line of black eyeliner to her each eye, she finished off with a gold eyeshadow. Placing it all back in the bag, she put her stuff away, not liking it scattered or just out in the open. Walking over to the door, she breathed in and then out before descending the staircase to go downstairs into the Common Room. Exiting that, she didn't see anyone she felt the need to talk to in there. Curious as to whether or not she would be there before Scorpius, she looked at the time and guessed she would be. It was somewhat early and she had forgotten the fact because other girls had just rocked out of there.

Walking down and over on the moving staircases, a few moments later she was by the front Entrance, looking around for her date. It was so weird, thinking she had a date but knowing tnat it wasn't the one person she would have hoped to ask her; not that it was possible, since he no longer even attended the school. She was happy with her one now, though, so she wasn't complaining or anything near that. She just knew it'd be a weird night because no one even knew her and Scor were friends- they had always been friends in secret before today. Noticing soon he wasn't here yet, Ginevra merely just waited. After a few minutes, she decided she would just wait in the actual hall. Going through the huge doors, she looked around and didn't spot him there either. Heading towards chairs, she planted herself on one and just continued looking around, totally at ease not doing anything.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Number of posts : 13516
Special Abilities : Wandless

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Della Bancroft wrote:Della made her way into the Great Hall and practically gasped at the decor of the room. One thing was for sure, it never ceased to amaze her, what could be done with magic. She moved into the room with long strides as she looked around. She was reminded of one of her favorite child's tales: the Snow Queen. She had always imagined the heartless queen's palace to be beautiful and glittering like the Great Hall was. Della raised her head to look at the ceiling and a delighted smile crossed her face. One would think that after five years, Della would stop marveling at the magic ceiling, and, mostly, she had. But there were times, like this, that she was filled with the wonderment that she had her very first year.

Turning her eyes from the ceiling back to the room, Della scanned the place for anyone she knew. Her eyes were drawn to the only girl wearing black at the moment, the girl with the bright blue hair- unmistakably it was Miseria Manson. They didn't know each other well, but they were in both the same house. Della had always respected Miseria for the way she never blended in and had her own style. If there were more people like the blue-haired girl, well, the world would be a much more interesting place.

Seeing as there was no one else that Della knew, and because she was in the mood for some light and frivolous conversation, Della made her way over to where Miseria was sitting. "Hi, Miseria," she greeted with a friendly smile. "I like your dress." She felt like she should compliment people's dresses, because, honestly, all the dresses she was seeing were very pretty.

Miseria was really suprised when one girl came talking to her. Wasn't she already too scary with her blue hair to scare people away from her. Seems that answer no.She looked up at the girl who was talking to her, perhaps not older than she was and nodded, however, she didn't even know her name.

"Hi..." she replied, letting the emptyness end the sentence. She hoped that girl would introduce herself soon. "Ah, thank you. Your dress is cute as well," she smiled at her, trying to be nice with a person who is trying to make friends with her. She was nice to Elv and other guys. And by the way, where were they? Miseria looked around, trying to notice them, but it was useless. Perhaps they were still at the common rooms.

But there was one person Miseria would love to see here. Josh. However, they haven't seen each other for a long time, she still had feelings for him. But did he had those for her?

When she looked around, she saw another girl coming on their side. Blonde one. She realized that she was the one was also friendly with her. Was it just about christmas or everyone had just a good mood? That was like a mystery for her. When she heard her name, Miseria had to raise her eyebrows:"Hey," she replied.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:25 pm

Della smiled wider when Miseria complimented her dress. "Thanks. I'm Della, by the way, Della Bancroft. We're in the same house and year. Can I?" Without waiting for an answer, Della settled herself on the bench next to Miseria.

She then raised her head to the blond that had approached them. When the blond introduced herself, Della quirked a smile; she had never seen the girl before, perhaps she was in a lower grade but that didn't matter to Della. "Hi," she greeted. "I'm Della Bancroft. I am actually. Wish I could be out on the dance floor, though."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:26 pm

Amadora was stood in front of the mirror in her dorm room up in the Ravenclaw Tower. Once again she was feeling on edge but it wasn't because of a memory - it was because the ball was upon her and almost completely obscuring her of any rational choices. What made her choose to attend the ball in the end was completely beyond the sixteen year old.

Dora pulled her hair up and secured it with a charm before putting some pearl pins into the curls at the back. She twisted some curls down so they dangled around her temples and poked her earrings through her ear lobes. Dora sighed and carefully applied her make-up. It wasn't hard to do but it was a task she looked at with disdain. However, she needed to look halfway decent for this ball - even if it wasn't particularly important to her.

Dora looked in the mirror and spied the dress hanging innocently from where she'd hung the hook of the hanger on the very top of the four poster bed covered in blue and silver covers. It was one she had come across in the little store in Hogsmeade that she had visited. It was a strapless number with a black skirt and a white corset type torso. The skirt was almost velvety in the way it looked but was incredibly soft and silky to the touch. The top had two black flowers printed onto it and it proved to be a dress quite unusual and not one that Dora would have thought of buying in the past. Not that she was complaining of course - change was good but not all change.

Along with the dress was a pair of silver heels which she resented more than the dress. She didn't want to kill herself but if she did find someone to dance with at the end of the night then she hoped that they would be good enough of a dancer to hold her upright when she stumbled. But there was one thing she didn't hate about the whole thing. It was the little necklace bordering on a choker but not quite, that her father had gotten her when after the accident. It was a little half moon with small diamonds pressed into it. It was always sitting around her neck, it wasn't something she was prepared to take off. Ever.

Finally Amadora dressed and with a final glance at her appearance she disappeared from her dorm and travelled down from the Ravenclaw Tower to the Great Hall where a few people seemed to be waiting and some dancing. Dora smoothed out the skirt of her dress and stepped into the main expanse of the Great Hall. She'd forgotten how beautiful it could be but she forgot how she rarely went in there - preferring the solitude of the kitchens.

Dora walked over to a table and seated herself almost instantly. It was away from the other girls that had decided to speak with each other but it was close enough to the dancing space for her to be able to watch the couples. Dora didn't think she'd be going stag. She wanted someone to sweep her off her feet and challenge her wit but apparently that just wouldn't be possible. Not now.

There is always hope. A little voice at the back of her mind reminded her.
"Yes but not much." Dora whispered, looking over to see a couple dancing. They looked content, more so than anyone could. She saw the sincerity in the boy's eyes and she knew that the way he looked at her wasn’t because some childish infatuation or crush. No, there was love burning there. It was just a fire that hadn't been discovered yet. "If only." Dora whispered as her gaze fell down to her hands in her lap. If only indeed.

Spoiler:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:07 am

Dancing had always been the exception to Amelia’s constant need for control. Although she would never allow others to guide her path in everyday life, when she was dancing, she found that giving herself over to the lead was a simple task. This was especially true when her dance partner was an exceptionally good dancer, as was the case with Elijah. His movements seemed effortless, the work of a subconscious that had taken over when Elijah’s focus was directed elsewhere.

Focused on you, it seems her inner voice added, making heat rise to her cheeks once again. It seemed that no matter what Elijah did, Amelia managed to find a way to blush about it. Usually, Amelia didn’t find herself embarrassed, but Elijah brought that out in her, along with many other inexplicable aspects of her personality that she had managed to bury so many years ago.

Amelia waltzed with Elijah, a promenade here, a twirl there. The waltz was a quick Viennese, turning them round and round as they circled the floor. The constant spinning would have likely made her dizzy, but for the fact that she had found a focal point by which she could orient herself: Elijah’s eyes. They were penetrating through her, but not in the same way she felt those of other students did. When Elijah looked at her, he seemed to be looking for the source of something; when others looked at her, she knew they were looking for answers – the answers she didn’t readily provide. She found herself entranced by this attention, so much so that she began to lose track of the amount of time they had been dancing.

Amelia nodded as Elijah responded to her question, not really having heard the answer even though she had originated the line of conversation. She had meant to listen to what he said – it wasn’t as if she was intentionally tuning him out – but she was distracted. The elegance of the ballroom, Elijah’s hand on the small of her back, the smell of his cologne, his dark hair falling like silk curtains around his face – it was all a lot to take in.

It’s not as if there will be a quiz later, Amelia thought, attempting to excuse her lack of focus. She hoped Elijah would not notice how scatterbrained he was making her, or at least that he would write it off as a product of the multiple spins he had put her through.

As the song came to a close, Elijah spun Amelia one last time. Her dress fanned out around her, and just as the last chord of the song played she was closed back into his arms, the momentum carrying her just a bit too close to him, making their closed frame position even more “closed”. With their chests only centimeters apart, Amelia found herself having to tilt her head back to look up to Elijah. When she found him looking down at her, she suddenly felt very warm, her breath catching in her throat – which she suspected had very little to do with the exertion of dancing.

The moment lasted only a split second too long, Elijah’s suggestion of finding a table breaking the sudden tension between them. At his suggestion, Amelia took a small step backward, regaining the socially acceptable amount of space between them. Clearing her throat, she nodded, lifting a hand to tuck an escaped curl behind her ear.

“Yes. I think that would be appropriate,” she added, reverting back to her more technical responses to make up for the touchy-feeling emotions which were beginning to creep up on her. Dropping her hand from Elijah’s shoulder, she moved the hand that had been holding his onto his arm in the same neutral way they had been maintaining before the dance.

Hold his hand.

No.

Why not?

Because I can’t.

The internal debate was back and lingered through the journey back to the table. In the end, her hesitation ended the debate, because as the pair of them took chairs next to one another at a table a little ways removed from the dance floor, it was too late for her to reach for his hand. Mentally, she cursed her indecision, knowing that she had missed her chance to reciprocate some of the affection Elijah was showing her. Even though she was not completely in touch with the feelings which were swirling about her mind and body, Amelia did realize on a more logical level that Elijah was attractive and that she was at least physically interested in him. Holding his hand would have been a low-risk way of conveying that to him.

A regular romantic, you are. her subconscious retorted sarcastically, the eye roll suggested by the tone her inner voice had taken on.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top