A question of fairness
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A question of fairness Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A question of fairness

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A question of fairness Empty A question of fairness

Post by Jess Potter Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:58 am

So, normally the plots don't really affect anyone, i mean they tell us what's going on, bu they don't seem to tell us what to do. However, apparently there's a new plot, and in this plot the Order is being told, not asked, but told it must be disbanded and all order members must become Aurors. I'm happy to ally with the Ministry, as has been suggested in several past plots, but not to disband the order. So, when i said no i was sent a rather bossy PM, i would post it here, but i don't want you all trning on the admins. I'm not pointing fingers, i just think that major changes to the site we could at least be told beforehand, or asked.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

A question of fairness Empty Re: A question of fairness

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:30 pm

I think it's a sign that the plots we're making are working. They're creating change not just for the people directly involved, but for the other characters as well. Obviously, the Ministry would want the Order under its control, thus would disband it. However, the admins are using that plot as a tool to address other issues on the board, namely the lack of an Auror force.

Just because you're being asked to disband the Order doesn't mean you can't rebuild it again later. It could even be a good thing. You'd have discretion over who can and can't join, for a start.

Try thinking of it as an opportunity for character development, and for more interesting plots to start from.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:34 pm

^Also, I'm thinking the Order are being asked ICly - correct me if I'm wrong, but the characters can always rebel, right? I know Jemma will anyway.

A question of fairness Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:10 am

This plot is not up yet nor is this an announcement we were trying not to expressly state this plot yet thank you jess for blowing that one. This also does not warrant an Announcement perhaps discussion or help desk. I would move this myself but do to the task i don't have that power. As it isn't that major or the disbanding of the group every thing you said is incorrect. I would be making the order a part of the ministry not disbanding it. I also feel you should have asked Darren before putting this out here. He supports it, and as head admin i believe that is what overall matters.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:14 am

It kinda makes sense that it should be disbanded because we believe voldemort is dead and all of that so just remake it later or rebel. I know Jack will.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:55 am

moved
Darren
Darren