Seeking Professor Potter
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Seeking Professor Potter Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Seeking Professor Potter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seeking Professor Potter Empty Seeking Professor Potter

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:04 pm

Khaat fully intended to meet all the professors, iintroduce herself as a new substitute teacher, and offer herself for whatever assistance she might be to them. If she was going to renew her committment to eliminate Voldemort's influence in her world, then she had to lose her own, usually well hidden, insecurities and allow her anger from the past to drive her forward. She had a commitment to her past that she needed to keep--that no young witch or wizard might be so grieved by the dark arts, and that they might not feel has helpless as she had. Their education was an important weapon against the darkness. She knocked on theprofessor's door, hoping he was in.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Seeking Professor Potter Empty Re: Seeking Professor Potter

Post by Jess Potter Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:48 am

"Come in," came Jess' voice through the door as he magically opened it. "hello," Jess said, looking confusedly towards Khaat. "What can i do you for?" He asked, not sure who this as, or why she was here
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:25 am

(sorry I'm late on this response)

"Professor Potter?" Khaat asked. "I'm Khaat Lupin. I've been hired on as a substitute teacher for Hogwarts. I'm just trying to go around and introduce myself to the professors and offer myself for whatever assistance I can be. I, uh, I've been away from Hogwarts for awhile, and I would welcome any opportunity to get back into the Hogwarts environment again. "
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:11 am

Jess nodded and smiled as he walked forward to shake her hand. "Congratulations on getting the job," He said kindly. "May i ask what your experience is with charms and anything else?" Jess asked, wondering what she was like
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:12 am

"A very fair question, Professor," Khaat smiled. "Most of my early training, before I went to wizarding school, was provided by my uncle. He placed a special emphasis on Defense Against the Dark Arts. He believed that learning charms was also a critical part of a wizard or a witch's education. What he taught me about charms, besides the spells themselves, was his philosophy that they should be taught, particularly from a defensive stance, with offensive abilities as secondary in importance. Magic for magic's sake, for pleasure, came somewhere down the list in his priorities. He believed our world was going to be in peril because of Voldemort long before his return, and he wanted me to be prepared to use any means available to defend myself. He did enjoy magic for the pleasure it could give him in his life, but that was far less important to him than being able to provide a safe and stable world for the people that he loved. I-I guess I inherited that philosophy.

"You see, the little village I was raised in was equally populated by muggles and wizards. I learned how to do things both ways--wizard ways, and muggles ways. I actually like parts of both. But I see clearly that many wizards, and nearly all muggles, live a life of ignorant bliss because they choose not to see how serious the split between good and evil has become in our world. I believe that our students need to be fully and accurately informed and prepared to face whatever obstacles they might encounter when they leave these halls'

Khaat's voice fell softer as she thought of her uncle's cruel murder, "When you lose someone you love,...well, it can be quite a lot more than a rude awakening. I do not wish any student ever have to face such grief again. Though I am not convinced we will be 100% effective at preventing it."

She took a deep breath to brush off the suffocatingly painful memories and said, "I am committed to try to do everything I can to try to reduce the influences of the dark arts, and to see to it that we all have a safer, more peaceful place to live. I am offering myself, above and beyond what would be typical of a substitute teacher, if I can be of service to you and if it will benefit these students."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top