Presidential Race - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Presidential Race - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Presidential Race

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Presidential Race - Page 3 Empty Re: Presidential Race

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:08 am

Obama is nothing but a rabblerouser. Go ahead, America. Elect him, and you will get what you want. A handsome, young, eloquent man, who makes good speeches and provides the illusion of happiness. You're right America, he is like John F. Kennedy. But I don't think that's a good thing. His time in office will be full of ridiculous blunders. I don't think we can afford another president who needs time to learn on the job. As long as he's in the race, I hope Clinton wins the nomination, even though I hope she loses the general election.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:10 am

so ur for mclain right i cant wait i accutly think he will win
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:17 am

[from now on, when I talk out of character, I will use parentheses]

(Well, I don't agree with everything McCain thinks or says, but I think he's the best. I actually think he will win too, for a few reasons:

1. Not all people are blaming the Republican Party for the craziness in Washinton.

2. The War in Iraq is getting better, thanks to the troop surge, and some people, even anti-Iraq-War people, are realizing that there are better ways to end the war than to just up and run.

3. Ralph Nader, the great siphoner of Democrat votes. I swear, he's secretly Republican.

4. Several Clinton followers will not vote for Obama if he is the nominee, and will instead vote for McCain come November. The same, to a lesser degree, could be said for Obama's followers.

5. McCain has never really been associated with Bush until recently, and he is very popular with a lot of Democrats.

6. Obama has won states, in the primaries, that he would not realistically win in November, for example: Kansas, Texas, etc.

For the above reasons, I think John McCain will win.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:37 pm

Ok first of all Bush is not terrible and he did an extremely good job commanding the iraqi war. I would want out of the three top canidates to win I would like Mcain because he makes the most sense out of the three. Hilary lies and can keep the beat (means she can lie and nobody will notice) and Obama thinks that this country is screwed up. Mcain just wants to lead and be a good president and help out as much as possible.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:40 pm

(Zethic, I agree with you, for the most part)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Presidential Race - Page 3 Empty RE: Presedential Race

Post by Jess Potter Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:11 am

I live in Australia but we get alot of your election stuff here and i personly like Clinton and McCain but i dont like Ohbama much. Also alot of people dont understand that the war needs to be won over there because it is terrible. My freind used to live there just as all the stuff began happening there and she said it was really bad. Women are left to die because they aren't allowed to leave their houses without a man even if they dieing and so on. The Americans and Australians (Brits pulled out gggrrrrr) are doing the right thing by being there and preventing the mistreatment of women. Those are my opinions and as i said before... Clinton or McCain for President.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:12 am

Zethic wrote:Ok first of all Bush is not terrible and he did an extremely good job commanding the iraqi war. I would want out of the three top canidates to win I would like Mcain because he makes the most sense out of the three. Hilary lies and can keep the beat (means she can lie and nobody will notice) and Obama thinks that this country is screwed up. Mcain just wants to lead and be a good president and help out as much as possible.

umm did i hear correctly, a good job commanding the Iraq war???!!! Dude he threw his soldiers in wothout an exit strategy! And he didnt even have a reason to attack Iraq... But i agree that Mcain is the best for the job
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:00 pm

Before the War in Iraq, several key democrats, such as Hillary Clinton, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, etc. stated that Al Qaeda was in Iraq, and needed to be stopped. However, as soon as it became a political liability, of course, they said it was stupid.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:38 am

No the original reason for attacking Iraq was that the US thot they had Nuclear/chemical weapons of mass destruction. Once attacked, they didnt find any. So Bush told the whold public it was cuz of Al-Qaeda like the lier that he is..
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:11 pm

Darren plz dont bash on r presdent he isnt a lier i mean come on do u think u could do a better job then him
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top