Lesson One - N.E.W.T. - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson One - N.E.W.T. - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson One - N.E.W.T.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson One - N.E.W.T. - Page 3 Empty Re: Lesson One - N.E.W.T.

Post by James William Wilson Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:15 am

Wilson raised his head and smiled. ''An interesting question you two pose upon me. Just for that fact, I award 10 points to Slytherin and Gryffindor. I do have my own, negative views on religion, that is correct, but that is not, the main, reason for not including it in my classes. It is very important for Muggles, that is correct, but since I look at Muggle Studies as a science, I exclude Religion for lack of evidence. Religion has never been proven, therefore it will probably not be included in my class as a phenomenon, but, I do not know if I have said that, we shall learn about Religion, but from a scientific point of view. Our last lesson of the year, when we finish with Sociology, will be the Sociology of Religion. We will learn about religion from a scientific point of view and about religion as a social phenomenon, not as something divine. During our History lessons we will learn about Religion, but from a historical point of view, mentioning Judaism and Islam, and some of their traits and how they influenced politics. Therefore, I would like to advise you to exclude religion from your answers, just because it is not proven as a liable proof for anything. A brilliant question, lads I must say and I would love to hear your comments on this, well... right now. You may even get a reward for that.'', he added with a mysterious smile.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Hutson Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:15 am

Jennifer walked coolly into the classroom, found a seat in the back of the class, then sat down without a word and then got her things out. Jennifer could only hope that the professor had no problem with her coming in the way she did.
Jennifer Hutson
Jennifer Hutson

Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:05 am

Wilson looked at Jennifer coming in. ''Miss Hutson, class is over. These two students have some extra questions, but the main class over. You can take your books and exit the classroom. Unless you have some weird need of staying in an empty classroom.'', Wilson said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Hutson Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:27 am

Jennifer looked up at him and rolled her eyes. She couldn't stand being told what to do. She then got her stuff and walked out of the room without a word.
Jennifer Hutson
Jennifer Hutson

Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by Godric Delk Malfoy Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:12 pm

Godric gave a slight smile as the professor spoke. But it quickly turned into a murdiuros glare as Jennifer had points taken from his house. I swear, one of these days there going to exspell her and I will be happy. Why does she even bother when she's allways late? He said as she walked out of the room.

He turned his attention back to the professor. Which aspect would you like to here my opinions on sir? Multipul religions have intergrated themselves with the Muggle societies so much that even when another religion took over them they kept there high holy days. It was a way to intergrate themselves and there own religion into the current belife sturcture, and then metholicly 'convert' the other belifes to there own. Christianity and Catholosism are two perfect examples. They stem from the same belife's but both have Celtic and Druidic High Holly days as there 'own' and almost completly consumed there history into nothing more then legends. Then took over the entire Euripen countries by storm. The great crusiades were another, albeit, more barbaric way of doing the same. They fought endless battles just to prove that there religion was the ture one. Even to this day the Muslums and the Jewish population of Jerusilum are killing and destroying each other over religioun and there claim to the the 'Holy' lands. Godric hoped this was what the Professor had been asking but wasn't sure.

{{Sorry if i got some things wrong like exact religiouns and pardon my spelling ive been up for 27 hours}}
Godric Delk Malfoy
Godric Delk Malfoy

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:32 pm

''Mr. Malfoy, to conclude everything now. Religion is an extremely important aspect of Muggle Life, but so are folk tales and emotions, but we still do not learn about them. Muggle Studies is a scientific subject, therefore based on facts that can be proven, theoretically or practically. Religion, as with folk tales and emotions, cannot be proven and are therefore not the subject of Muggle Studies you are learning here in Hogwarts. At the Universities, where you specialize Muggle Studies, you learn about both folk tales and religion, from both a scientific and non-scientific point of view. Here, I will only restrict my classes on science.

We shall learn a little about some traits of some religions during our study of Muggle History, but not much. As I may have said, we shall also learn about Religion from a scientific point of view in our last lesson - Sociology of Religion. We shall learn about some traits of Religion and its influence on Muggles. But there is lot to learn before that.

Now, Mr. Malfoy, I hope that answers your question. If you have anything else to add or ask, approach me on our next class. Now I really have to run. I have to meet a colleague of mine. Good bye.''
, Wilson said leaving the classroom.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top