Pass the Butterbeer (Open) - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Pass the Butterbeer (Open) - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Pass the Butterbeer (Open)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pass the Butterbeer (Open) - Page 3 Empty Re: Pass the Butterbeer (Open)

Post by Mordecai Warton Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Mordecai's brow furrowed for a moment when the 6th year students asked about his nationality. Him an Aussie? Right.

"Ah, I'm no Olyroo. Played for the Thunderer's for a few years when I was just getting started but no one holds that against me." He grinned as he snagged another piece of the freshly baked loaf and reached over to the bowl in order to soak it. This was some top-knotch vittles. He was going to say something else but he caught the somewhat confused look on their faces and paused for a minute. These ladies had no bloody idea what he was talking about.

Olyroo? What the hell was that?

"What I mean to say is that I'm not an Australian. We call their national Quid team the Olyroos, which is slang for "Oh really kangaroos?". Quidditch banter because the on-going joke with those blokes is that their broomsticks have a tendency to hop and no one can ever figure out why." There was a sly look in his eyes when he said this. Hopping broomsticks? That wasn't part of the Quidditch rules and guidelines but then again since when did Quidditch players ever not bend a few rules concerning charming a rival team's broomsticks before a match?

"But the long an' short of it is that even though I may be South African by fate I'm a Kiwi at heart. An honourary New Zealander." He tore into the bread and chewed thoughtfully for a moment. He couldn't help but think what the boys back home were up to and it took some effort for him to pull himself back into the present. He could dwell on that later. Right now he had company.

"How about you lot. Where are you three from?" He asked as he picked up his mug and took a healthy swing of the stuff. Hmmm, little on the soft side but warming none the less. Not bad.
Mordecai Warton
Mordecai Warton

Number of posts : 129
Special Abilities : Leglimens, Seer, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Flaherty Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:06 pm

Calista heard all of what Mordecai had said and thought, 'I wonder if he is just making some of that up.' Calista looked at him then at her hands and said, "I'm from France but i moved her with my dad when i was still very little. I'm Fluent in French, My father made sure i was so i would know that language of my people." She didn't look up not because she was ashamed but because she wondered what she was missing when her father decided to move to England instead of staying in France.
Evangeline Flaherty
Evangeline Flaherty
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 268

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:13 pm

Neve took a sip of her butterbeer then took a deep breath before answering Mordecai's question. 'Well, my father's half Welsh and half English, and my mother is half Greek, quarter Belgian, and quarter Portugese but calls herself Greek. So I guess I'm quarter Welsh, quarter English, quarter Greek, sixteenth Belgian and sixteenth Portugese. But I usually just call myself Greek since I was born there.' She laughed at how complicated it all sounded and looked at her butterbeer. She didn't feel like drinking anymore so she started playing around with it and turning it into different things. Snail- rubberduck- red nose- brush- flower- hand mirror- book- strawberry. Now she definitely felt like eating it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique E. Weasley Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:26 pm

Elv laughed and nooded. "You are all probably noticed my red hair and the name Weasley..." she started with drank her butterbeer. "Yeah... I'm one of the Blood Traitor family. I'm half France though... My mom is French. We went there once a year... So, i can speak French." she smiled happily. Elv loves her family, for sure...
Dominique E. Weasley
Dominique E. Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 832

http://www.houseofmagic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Flaherty Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Calista looked at her and said, "You know french? Are you fluent?" She was intrigued when she said that she spoke French. 'Maybe she would be someone nice to talk to in French.' she thought looking at Elv.
Evangeline Flaherty
Evangeline Flaherty
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 268

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique E. Weasley Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:37 pm

Elv smiled to her. "Quiet fluent, yes... But only for standart communication." she said and rolled her eyes. "Don't mention any science or tech or anything specific to me... because i might not know them..." she giggled.
Dominique E. Weasley
Dominique E. Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordecai Warton Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:07 pm

"Ah. French Madmoiselles. J'aime le francaise. However I don't think the French feel the same way about me." Mordecai laughed as he unwound the scarf that was around his neck and draped it over the back of his chair. "Don't think the Parisians are ever going to get over that little incident with the Effiel Tower. Wasn't my fault really but the Ministry didn't seem to think so."

Mordecai shrugged before he went back to attacking the bowl of stew. He could eat when he was hungry and he could eat when he wasn't. Nothing made a conversation more enjoyable than food. That and beer.

"I gotta say there Neve, that's quite the ancestrial background." He smiled as he ran a calloused hand through his hair in order to get a few strands out of his eyes. He really should get a haircut but with this weather he was lucky to have as much fur on his as he could for insulation.

"Weasley. That name rings a few bells. Am I right to say that your family had something to do with the big going on's here with that bloody Dark Arse?" Mordecai asked calmly but he kept his tone low. There weren't may people in the Three Broomsticks to begin with but he didn't want to draw any more attention to the little group.

Speaking of which he suddenly had an odd craving for strawberries. Wait, strawberries?

Mordecai quickly cast his eyes around the table. Someone was thinkin of berries and he had accidentally picked up on it.

"Oy Rosemerta dahlin'. How's about another round of butterbeers here and some of that delightfull strawberry cheesecake ya got stashed away in the back." He called out, his voice ringing to the rafters. So much for not drawing attention to himself.

"An' how'd you know about that?" Rosemerta asked as she flung her cleaning rag over her shoulder.

"Cause I can smell it." Mordecai's smile morphed into a toothy grin as he winked at her before he turned his attention back to the ladies. "Hope you lot have a sweet tooth as big as mine."
Mordecai Warton
Mordecai Warton

Number of posts : 129
Special Abilities : Leglimens, Seer, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:14 pm

Neve's eyes widened in shock. Was it just a coincidence, or was he a seer? She was surprised, there weren't many others like herself around. 'Are you... Did you?... Never mind.' Neve shook her head, losing herself in her thoughts once more. He said he could smell it.. but that's impossible. So he has to be a... no, he doesn't. It must just be a coincidence. Neve pushed the questions out of her mind and looked out of the window. She would have to go back soon. People were starting to come out and the shops were opening. Well, time sure did pass fast in good company.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique E. Weasley Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:08 am

Elv looked at Coach Warton and laughed. "Well... yeah... that one." she said, proud to be a Weasley. "What happened in Eiffle Tower anyway Coach Warton?" she asked as he mentioned that before.
Dominique E. Weasley
Dominique E. Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top