Broken hearts and Like Minds (Christy and Marco) - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Broken hearts and Like Minds (Christy and Marco) - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Broken hearts and Like Minds (Christy and Marco)

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Broken hearts and Like Minds (Christy and Marco) - Page 3 Empty Re: Broken hearts and Like Minds (Christy and Marco)

Post by Christabelle Whittle Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:44 am

"I'm sorry I shouldn't be bringing you into this no matter how much you've offered to listen." she said looking at him as she wiped her eyes. It didn't matter whether or not he should have been brought into it, he had because he had asked to hear her problems. He was trying to remove the darkness that was comsuming her by letting her get everything off her chest. Somehow it was working. Crying was good for the soul when need be and the need had come now stronger than ever before. People would have thought Christy was heartless to everyone but her cousin, Nick and her adopted sisters until this moment but only Marco was in the common room with her to see that. Which for her was alright, she couldn't have the world knowing that she was in fact a caring person. She couldn't let anyone see that weakness in her. They would only use it to exploit her and get her to bend to their will.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Broken hearts and Like Minds (Christy and Marco) - Page 3 Empty Re: Broken hearts and Like Minds (Christy and Marco)

Post by Marco Dubhbraon Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:13 pm

Marco remained there strond and ready to hear whatever she needed to say. She seemed to have a lot to get off her mind and he was a good listener when he wanted to be. He felt a pull to help her through this, that some bond was in its infancy here. A strong friendship that would benefit both of them. He couldn't help but grin at the notion of becoming friends with her. He allowed very few into that circle he guarded so well. Acquaintances perhaps, friends rarely. He had always prided himself on being self sufficient, and his personal relationships were no different. He would never force himself into someone's inner circle, and if they thought to try to breech his they'd find themselves dead.

So he would be here for her, be what he could for her, and nothing more than what she would allow. She was strong, maybe that was what it was, He admired her for being strong and knowing who she was. This moment of strife would pass, and she would come through it intact and stronger than ever. He liked that about her.

I offered to listen because I wanted to. I do what I think is best and being here to listen was best at this moment. You are better now a little, not as sad. You have a long ways to go. If you allow me I will behere to listen to the very end whatever it may be. It was as close as he could allow himself to come to declaring his friendship. He never said he was her friend, but he was willing to be there and allow the possability for friendship in the future.

Last edited by Marco Dubhbraon on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Marco Dubhbraon
Marco Dubhbraon

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:29 pm

Christy looked at him curiously. He seemed as if he were caring and she could already feel the bonds of a friendship forming between them. She knew she needed to get herself out of this rut she had gotten herself into but she couldn’t figure out how or why she would want to get out of this drunken stupor that she was in. Godric had pointed out before back in Germany that she was wasting away. She was still curious to know what had caused him to threaten his life and Gift’s. He never had said such things. But she would think on it come a different time.

”I think I would like that.” she said looking at him smiling weakly. It wasn’t a true smile but the smallest of smiles was at least a smile to her and probably to the rest of the world if they knew what she had seen and been through. ”You like my cousin don’t you?” she asked trying to change the subject.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Dubhbraon Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:59 pm

Marco watched her mind work, her aura was not suspicious but accepting. He smiled in response to her tiniest of lip flickers. There now that wasn't so terrible was it? I promise you I am not so very evil. true I may be apathetic and I may even be cruel if I so choose; however, I am really not so very bad once you get to know me. His smile deepened a bit while his turquoise eyes flashed a golden glint at her. She had tentatively agreed they would share this confidence, and he would never reveal her secrets. Ironically the very thought of whom it would be hardest to keep anything from flashed across his mind as she mentioned him.

He was being honest, and she deserved his honesty so that she could know him. I cannot lie, he intrigues me deeply. I would greatly enjoy the chance to know him within and without. He is a soul formed after my own; in his eyes he has seen misery deepest to the bone, he has experienced hatred stedfast and undeserved, he has fought many battles and risen above them all, and he is aloof and trusting none for trust leads only to betrayal. He never faltered his smile, his mask was perfect. It never showed how deeply it hurt to know there was another that was as broken inside as he was. Her own misery notwithstading he had an attraction to the mysterious Delk Malfoy. Is it so apparently obvious he is an intriguing enigma? I do not know if I would say I like him yet; but I would enjoy to learn more of him. His grin faltered; he knew his own heart and he knew the boy's was as damaged as his own. What chance was there that he even would give Marco the time of day, much less allow him into his world really. Sure they'd passed a few questions and had enjoyed their company, but that was no guarantee for the future.

He looked at her searchingly, Changing the subject isn't so easy a deterrent to my thoughts. I'm still here for you. His grin returned, for her he could grin easily. friends a good thought.
Marco Dubhbraon
Marco Dubhbraon

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:03 am

”No I don’t guess so.” she replied. She really did feel somewhat better after having gotten things off of her chest. It was almost as if she had confided in Godric again. She looked at him when he called him Delk. ”You do know I’m the only one allowed to call my cousin Delk correct?” she asked curiously knowing it offended her cousin when people other than she did.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Dubhbraon Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:56 am

Marco wondered when he had gaffed...had h spoken his thoughts out loud? My apologies, I am usually want to call him God, actually. He didn't seem to mind this when it happened at first meeting the pair of you. He smiled politely, and continued You're very close to him, even with the current tension. I am glad for you. His eyes had darkened into a deep turquoise hue. The wall had sprung up, the old feeling of isolation and being so very alone. The mention of their closeness had involuntarily reminded him of his vow to never grow that close to anyone. To never allow them the power to crush him. Friends yes, but not that close.

He looked away staring into the fire. She had opened the door, could he ask about Godric? But it wasn't proper to gossib as so. He wanted to know, Gods he did, but he would wait to ask the boy directly.
Marco Dubhbraon
Marco Dubhbraon

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:00 am

"We've always been close." she replied, "We're only cousins but we were born on the same day in the same room only several minutes apart. We're more like twins than most twins are." What she said had been true. Anyone who could see them together when they were getting along could see and understand that. She had known for years that their souls were twined together. Every life that they had on this earth they would be close no matter what.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Dubhbraon Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:06 am

Marco wondered over her words. He had sensed the closeness after meeting them only once, their circumstances would explain a lot; but they allowed each other in was more apparent. that they had forged a bond strong and deep was also apparent. He felt that twinge of wanting this again and had to fight to crush it again.

When his eyes looked away fromt eh fire they were still dark and cold. He had to force himself into that shell of nothing or else he would find it cracking. His armor for so long. He felt the pull of the friendship he had already begun to allow. He sighed as he realized the shell was already weakening. What would it reveal when it broke? he could only guess, and hope he would survive. Hiding within that protective shell had been his life for so long. Never letting any close, keeping their distance...using fear and power to keep people away.

Godric His mind turned over. You will always have that, with him. I can see that. He wanted to reveal more, so he shut his mouth before he did. Things like he wished for it, sometimes when he was most alone, he wished for someone to share things with.
Marco Dubhbraon
Marco Dubhbraon

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:10 am

"Well he and I have twined souls." she replied looking at him. "We've always had a connection and always will. We can speak with our eyes how others must use words." she explained. She looked at him curiously. "Is there anything you would like?" she asked looking at him. She knew he wanted to know more about Godric but she wouldn't be the one who asked what he wanted from her to know.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Dubhbraon Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:23 am

Marco looked and saw that his carefully crafted shell wasn't so very effective anymore. He'd already allowed her through too many defenses. Tell me of him, then if you please. Is he as I am? Would his heart open to me as mine would to him, where it would not for you? Tell me what you will after that. I would to know what ever you would reveal. It is true I think of him, I am curious of what this attraction he has over me when I barely know him. Now that he had opened up he felt a torrent of words wanting to flow out of him! All the questions he had, and the confusing feelings. He honestly had never felt love before, his mother gone so young, his father only hatred and dispisement. He'd looked at others, girls first because that was exected of him; but boys eventually because they attracted him more. He'd never felt more than an interest in them, and only sexual exploration a few times. He'd never felt anything deep or warm like he did for this boy.

His eyes were darker still, colored golden now in his confusion and desperation to know what was going on within himslef. He felt instinctively that knowing more of godric would soothe this strange feeling in his center.
Marco Dubhbraon
Marco Dubhbraon

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top