Astrology - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Astrology - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Astrology

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Astrology - Page 3 Empty Re: Astrology

Post by Alexandra Cullen Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:42 am

Oh, yes.

For the homeworks:

O - 15 points to Darren (Slytherin), SpartanWizard (Gryffindor)
E - 10 points to Sam (i don't know his house), Dae (Hufflepuff)
Alexandra Cullen
Alexandra Cullen

Number of posts : 4088

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:15 am

gryffindor
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:07 pm

Plz stop breacking the 10 word post sam plz plz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Cullen Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:27 am

Professor Alexandra entered the classroom.
"Good morning!How are you?Well for today i've chosen a great lesson!"

Astronomical events in 2008

ECLIPSES DURING 2008

There are four eclipses during 2008, two each of the Sun and Moon. The solar eclipse of February 7 is annular, visible as a partial eclipse from New Zealand. The second eclipse on August 1 is a total eclipse with a path in the Arctic from north of Canada to north of Europe before heading southeast across Siberia into China in the Gobi Desert region. This eclipse is not visible from any part of the southern hemisphere.

The first eclipse of the Moon on February 21 is total, visible from much of Africa, Europe, the Atlantic and the American continent. No part is visible from New Zealand nor Australia. The second lunar eclipse on August 16 is partial. The earlier parts are visible from Australia, especially in the west. It is virtually unobservable from New Zealand, although southern parts of the South Island will see the start of the partial umbral stage before moonset.

Annular eclipse of the Sun February 7. Visible as a partial eclipse from New Zealand.
Total eclipse of the Moon February 21. No part visible from New Zealand.
Total eclipse of the Sun August 1. No part visible from the Southern hemisphere.
Partial eclipse of the Moon August 16. Partly visible from the extreme south of New Zealand and from Australia.

Question: "Have you ever seen an eclipse?Describe it!"
Alexandra Cullen
Alexandra Cullen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:52 am

well me experiences qwas one nite b4 scouts i think it was i saw the lunar eclipse through my teliscope and it felt like to me another moon landing and i was neil amstrong one of those moments that will change time 4 eva
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:48 am

" Ma'am i saw a eclipse it was dark that night the moon slowly began to go redder and redder and sooner it was all red because the sun was behind it" Andrian describing what he experienced.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:47 am

"I saw a lunar eclipse once, way back, I can't exactly remember when, but it was a beautiful sight, I tell you. Very beautiful. The moon slowly changed from a yellow light in the sky to a little reddish ring, then it slowly changed back again" Brianna said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Cullen Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:32 am

"Very very good!15 points to Gryffindor, 10 points to Ravenclaw!I'm so proud of you.Andrian I'll put you in my NEWT class.You have potential."
"Enough for today!You don't have any homeworks!Good job!Class dismised!"

Last edited by on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Alexandra Cullen
Alexandra Cullen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:40 am

proffesor can i be in your newt class because i have lots of experience
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:00 pm

[alesy plz post in the points in the points table Very Happy and make lessons longer Sad)
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top