Got Money? [Ben+ anyone else] - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Got Money? [Ben+ anyone else] - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Got Money? [Ben+ anyone else]

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Got Money? [Ben+ anyone else] - Page 2 Empty Re: Got Money? [Ben+ anyone else]

Post by James Wake Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:12 pm

"Well, you should never really keep anything secret, or else family starts to get to you. I transferred from Durmstrang." James' fake hand clenched at the thoughts that stemmed from the name of his old school. "My uncle didn't really like me going there, so he sent me to Hogwarts instead. I live in an apartment complex right down the street. It's nice to be so close to the world I'm really a part of. But Sonning? At least it's in this country. I sometimes meet people from Finland, who claim their towns are around."
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:22 pm

Ben knew he shouldn't keep secrets, he didn't mostly. Most of his village didn't think like that though. Who everyone was dating, who had applied for what job, who had done this, etc. etc. He even heard all the Muggle news. It was like gossip central. Ben guessed James didn't like Durmstrand, from what he could tell, clenching hist fist and all, so he didn't want to question him too much about him. "Yeah, Sonning is fairly close." he agreed. "People from Finland claim their towns are around?" Ben repeated, perplexed. He hadn't heard that one before. "Do you know what year or house you're going to be in next year." he asked, curiously.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Number of posts : 481

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:50 pm

"Yeah, apparently wizards don't get into distances very well when they travel by Floo for most of their lives. They're pretty darn entertaining though. Sometimes, they dress like muggles. You must've seen that by now." James smiled, remembering the various combinations of muggle clothing wizards wore at times. It was hilarious.

"Yeah, I'm a Ra- one sec." From his breast pocket, he pulled out a letter he'd received a week ago. "I'm a Ravenclaw. Fifth year. I'm not really sure how they sorted me- I thought Durmstrang kids usually went to Slytherin."
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:23 pm

Ben nodded. "Yeah, Ministry workers often have particular trouble with that." he agreed. He'd seen lots of that around London. "I've been almos brought up in muggle attire around my village though." he added.
"Cool, Ravenclaw. They don't base on school, more like personality and what you're like as a person. It must be hard to sort you via a letter though." he replied, speculating. "I'm a Hufflepuff second year." he told James.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:04 pm

"Hufflepuff? WHat in particular are they known for? Actually, what exactly is Ravenclaw known for? All I've heard about is wisdom. I hear alot about Gryffindor and Slytherin, but never anything about Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw..." James remarked, smiling a bit. He wasn't shocked by the least that he asking a kid younger than him things about his own house. "Are Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw like rivals?"
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:55 pm

"Hufflepuffs are known to be loyal and hardworking and Ravenclaws are known for wit and intelligence." Ben began to explain about the houses. "Slytherins are pretty much rivals with everyone. I think it's because they're quite ambitious that they always want to be the best. They are more rivals with Gryffindor by pranks and such but with house points it's often Slytherin and Ravenclaw who are rivals." he tried to explain. He wasn't the best at explaining things. "Hufflepuffs don't really have many rivals, they're one of the more friendly houses. Ravenclaw I guess tries to be the best intelectually. They're not so much rivals together though, most of them get on. With a few exceptions." he added. He didn't like generalizing, as he thought everyone was different, but there were a few things he could say.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:15 pm

"Really? Sounds like your house is pretty good. Ravenclaws sound like the geek-squad, and Slytherins sound like the dead-end beatnicks. Back in my school, we were separated by gangs. There were all sorts of gangs." James sighed. It was quite boring to just have four houses. With the gangs, there was always room for someone new to become the head of a group, gain fame, and be discovered by those that sought the strongest. It was unfortunate, but it added a layer of spice to school. "So, what are these House Points?"
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:50 pm

Ben nodded, he liked his house. He wondered what the gangs were like at Durmstrang. House points are points for your house. You get them from doing well in lessons, from Quidditch, helping teachers and other things. Like last year there was a dueling competition which people got house points for. Ravenclaws often win because they are so good in class." he told James, adding the last bit with slight bitterness. He wished Hufflepuff won more. He would try harder so they could win the next year. "What are the gangs like?" he asked, curiously.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:49 am

[[OOC: I hope its ok if i join. If you don't want me to, i'll delete this post.]]

Butterfly looked at all the robes and was overwhelmed by all of them. She was looking at size 12. She thought that the robes were rather dull. I mean, black? How about red? or blue? Gold even. Her mom was looking at ties. Dull, striped ties.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:52 am

[[OOC: Sure, join in =)). I'll wait for James to post before I do though.]]
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top