'Fun' in NY - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

'Fun' in NY - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

'Fun' in NY

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Fun' in NY - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Fun' in NY

Post by Alice Longbottom1 Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:10 am

[[OOC: It's her dad's. And I suppose she shouldn't use it, so nvrmind, just pretend she actually said money.]]

"Ok, lets go." Alice said. She held Ben's hand and skipped along. After they arrived, she paid the money to the... cashier. She stopped just after the 'paying place' and looked up at it. It was a great view, that she had seen before. Had Ben?

"Have you ever been here before?" she asked him.
Alice Longbottom1
Alice Longbottom1

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:49 am

[[OOC: Oops, je suis blind. Lol. Mkay then. RPing at 3am probably isn't the smartest idea xD.]]

Ben smiled as he took Alice's hand. It was hard to believe they had accidently met up so far away from both of their homes. He loved coincidences like these. He paid the guy. He didn't even bother counting the change, he wouldn't be able to tell if it was right or not.

"No, I've never been here before. Our holidays are really random." Ben answered Alice. "Have you?" he returned the question.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Number of posts : 481

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom1 Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:54 am

"Actually, yes, kind of." she answered. "The last time we stayed in a hotel here, we had a great view. But I never actually went close to it." she said. "D'you want to go up her?" she asked. She had never done it before. It sounded cool, she wondered how they designed all of this.
Alice Longbottom1
Alice Longbottom1

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:00 am

Wow, Alice was lucky to see this view twice, Ben thought to himself. He barely ever visited the same place twice. He looked up the statue. He would go up. "Yeah, let's go up." he replied. He would go up. He handed some money to a lady who gave him two tickets. "I think it's that way." he said, pointing.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom1 Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:15 am

[[OOC: Never actually been there, but I lived there when I was a baby girl and my mom says there are stairs inside.]]

"Ok, let's go then!" Alice said gleefully. She half skipped up to the top, hopefully with Ben following. "Wow." she said, when they reached it. The city lights were highlighted because of the fairly dark sky. Alice guestimated that it was around nine. "I think it's rater late." she said, making another lame comment. "Pretty isn't it?" she said.
Alice Longbottom1
Alice Longbottom1

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:37 am

[[OOC: I've been there, a year ago. There are stairs =)).]]

Ben quickly walked to keep up with Alice semi-skipping. It took ages walking up. They didn't talk much on the way up, it took extra effort to talk and walk at the same time. He heard Alice say 'wow' as she was a couple of steps ahead of him. As he saw the view, he was speechless. It was amazing. The skyline was filled with all the different lights from New York City. Some people didn't like city lights, but Ben loved them. Being a wizard, he didn't know too much about electricity.

He was brought back to earth as Alice commented about it being late. He checked his pocketwatch as she said that. "It's nine thirty." he told her, shoving the clock back into his pocket. He didn't like wearing a watch, so he always had one in his pocket. "Yeah, it is." he agreed looking at the view. He wanted to take her hand. She would want him to, right? He hoped she would. Holding his breath, he reached out and took her hand, hoping she wouldn't pull away. He still feared girls wouldn't like him. One girl in specific.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom1 Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:50 am

Alice let out a delighted sigh as he held her hand. She had been thinking of it. She let the whole scene sink in. Holding hands, good sign, right? She wasn't very popular, so she really wondered. But the signs were good. Maybe he did like her. She stayed there for a few more minutes holding Ben's hand.
"D'you want a bit to eat? It's getting rather late..." she asked. She had already eaten, but that was a while ago and she was still hungry. Anways, Ben was probably hungry.
Alice Longbottom1
Alice Longbottom1

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:05 pm

She took his hand. She took it gladly, not reluctantly. Yes! Ben would never stop being nervous around girls. Ever. Alice was different. Not in the fact he wasn't nervous, of course he was, but she was...different. In a good way, of course. He liked her though. A lot. His thoughts were all jumbled up, making even less sense than usual. It was worth it though.

Ben checked his watch it was getting a bit late. He wondered if his parents would notice he was gone yet. They were probably still watching the movie, knowing them. They never seemed to be too worried about him. Whether that was a good or a bad thing was debatable. "Yeah, sure. Where d'you want to go?" he asked her. He didn't know many, if any, places in New York. Only the ones that were the same as England. A lot of people liked to eat different food on holiday though. He wondered if Alice did.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom1 Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:20 pm

[[OOC: Would Alice have heard of McDonalds??]]

"Hmmm," Alice thought. "Well, it's terribly unhealthy, but there's this muggle place called McDonalds and even if it is fattening, I hear it's go." she said. Her parents had usually told her not to choose McDonalds, she could usually only have it if she just had to go to the muggle dentists, or after a long apparation. "I think there's one a few blocks down." she said. "Sound good?"
Alice Longbottom1
Alice Longbottom1

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:55 am

Ben nodded. He didn't mind where they ate, he wasn't too fussy. "Sounds good." he replied, before adding "It's the holidays, we can have some more unhealthy food, it's a treat." he reasoned. "Let's go." he said. "Which way did you say it was?" he asked her, not wanting to go off in the wrong direction. He barely knew New York City at all. It was getting later and darker, it was now almost ten.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum